Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tower Of Deception V3
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
Valiant
Ok, folks, a new version of TOD, namely V3 has been released. Take it as a Christmas Gift to you all players. I wish you Merry Christmas smile.gif Also I would like to thank you for playing BWL mods...smile.gif

Download link is the same as previous.

Cheers smile.gif
Sikret
Congratulations!
Valiant
Thank you, Sikret. By all meanings...smile.gif
Vlasák
Thank you and lot of gratulations wink.gif
Januszka
Congrats smile.gif

- One new encounter has been added (strongly recommend to have IA installed)

What happens if I dont have it installed? smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Januszka @ Dec 24 2007, 01:47 PM) *
Congrats smile.gif

- One new encounter has been added (strongly recommend to have IA installed)

What happens if I dont have it installed? smile.gif

The encounter doesn't require IA to work, but with IA installed, it will be far more interesting and challenging. The reason is explained here.

Also, note that when Valiant says that it is strongly recommended to have IA installed, he does NOT mean that IA should have been installed *before* ToD.
Valiant
Yes, Januszka, Sikret is right, although these two mods are highly compatible with each other and strick installation order is not set. But personally I also recommend to install IA right after TOD (or some other mods) are installed...smile.gif
Daulmakan
Congratz on the new release.

I'll give it a try on my next run.
Januszka
QUOTE(Sikret @ Dec 24 2007, 10:45 AM) *
The encounter doesn't require IA to work, but with IA installed, it will be far more interesting and challenging. The reason is explained here.

Also, note that when Valiant says that it is strongly recommended to have IA installed, he does NOT mean that IA should have been installed *before* ToD.

The thing is, I have several mods installed already (like 10 or so, besides BGT). I am not sure if everything will be compatible, and I dont want to break stuff (and I'm already almost at the end of bg1 part).
Sikret
The list of incompatible mods can be found in IA's readme file. Any mod which only affects BG1 has no conflict with IA (provided that it doesn't tamper with the game's IDS files).

Those which are listed as incompatible can be safely uninstalled before installing IA, because you have not started BG2 yet.
Januszka
The thing is, I have BGT, meaning: I have G3's BG2 Fixpack too.
Badgert
Here russian translation for v3.
Valiant
Thanks a lot...smile.gif
Valiant
So folks, TOD v3 with both Russian and Italian translations added was uploaded, download location remain the same.
SirChet
Hi Valiant,

Is there a lot of difference between TOD v2 and TOD v3. Would I remove v2 then install v3?
Just thought I'd ask, really enjoyed TOD v2.
Valiant
Hi SirChet smile.gif

Yes, there are a lot of difference betweet those two versions. Main difference is all mod dialogs. Although many lines were untouched, others were changed, some were added as well, and heuristic proofreading was made, too. Next changes are concerning about all creature´s battle script - those were improved a lot... and about scripts in general - cutscene scripts, area scripts, and so on...

And last, but definetely not least is the new encounter, that will happen during the later game. It wasn´t present in V2. Just play TOD, and when you finish it, continue in the game normally. Then, suddenly, in the last chapter, a messenger will come to visit you and you won´t have any chance but to agree with what he´ll tell you and follow him to his master... It was intended as a small surprise for players...

Sumarized, if you liked V2, you will definetely like V3 as well. I hope even much more...smile.gif
Badgert
Hi
Sorry
We've just found out that there is a mistake in one of the translation files. Please replace the translation with the attached files.

AERIE-team

Valiant
ok, thanks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.