Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NeJ2 v6.9.4 patch
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
New patch NeJ2 v6.9.4 is available for download --> here.

This patch is all-inclusive, that means it includes all previous patches 6.9.2 and 6.9.3. There are several small fixes listed below, which allow installing this patch right after installation of NeJ2 v6.9.1.

1. BGT compatibility fix, which checks for BGT installed, and if *yes*, then does not touch Ulcaster area (thanks to Hoppy).
2. Inferno darts - fixed (thanks to Vardaman).
3. Helm of Lathander - fixed (thanks to Vardaman).

List of fixes in previous patches (included in the present patch):

v6.9.3

1. Dwarven Forge. Key-related area script block - fixed.

2. Ulcaster's dungeon. AR9801.are. Exit - fixed.

3. Halruaa's Mausoleum. Necromancer's test - modified to make it possible to leave the Mausoleum without reloading the game.

4. All Halruaa's tests. Now any NPC-mage - Aerie, Nalia or Kachiko (and sometimes Jan), - can accept the tests. Edwin also interjects, but in most cases refuses to test his own abilities.

5. The first level of Vale of Shadows. No more undetectable Death Trap.

6. Mirek's Quest. Fixed.

7. Ardanis, Denaini's Quest in SH to put priests' spirits to rest works fine. Please take a look into TT5201.bcs. In fact, there are exactly 25 Acolytes (9+12+4) having a DV = "SdElfAc". Don't count other priests, because they have a different DV.

8. Salamnder WTSALF14 is looking for Vera, and can find her on its own. It's not a bug, but a feature. You should run fast. If you are late, there is another, alternative way to go through this level.

9. Imoen's dialog sIMOENJ.d and sIMOEN2J. Fixed.

10. Ezekil's dialog. Fixed. The quest now can be completed in case you don't retrieve Kalinor's body. In case you do bring the body to him, he will grant you a new spell (fixed for use by Invokers).

11. Larrel's dialog DLARREL is OK. But anyway, I introduced some cosmetic changes into it.

12. Duvaine's Revenge. VPGUARD.cre and DUVGUARD.cre - changed to ENEMY.

13. Dar's new sounds (thanks a lot to Yiwei for providing his voice and for very professional recording).

14. Info Triggers in several areas - fixed.

15. "Some folks in Halruaa can comment on looting their chests even after death." - Ardanis, these are not comments of the folks but of Magical Wards, which are in fact some kind of magical devices.

16. Conlan's chest, TT2103. Now chest cannot be unlocked without a key. Also I modified Conlan's Hammer a bit to make it more formidable weapon. It is now 2d4+2 (+5 vs IGs).

v6.9.2

1. Shar-Teel's leaving dialogue.

2. Two crashes when using Kuldahar's and Athkathla's portals.

3. Improper behavior of the frost giants.

4. Messed info strings in two areas of the Upper Dorn Deep.

5. Bad item in the hut near Kontik.

6. New script, which prevents looting the frost giant's stuff from their bags. Now, if they see the thief they will attack him/her.
erebusant
Vlad,

Your BGT players are going to have the same issue with AR9801.ARE in the 694 patch as there was with AR9799 & AR9801 in the 693 patch due to different Entrance names and destinations. Recommend you edit the .tp2 to read as follows:

CODE
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/BG1ARE.BIF~
    THEN BEGIN
        // DO NOTHING //
END
ELSE BEGIN
        COPY ~NeJ2pat/are/AR9799.ARE~    ~override~
          SAY 0x1014 ~Ulcaster School~
          SAY 0x10d8 ~Ulcaster School~
COPY ~NeJ2pat/are/AR9801.ARE~           ~override/AR9801.ARE~
END
Vlad
I am not sure you are right here. Does AR9801 (the very same name) exist in BGT?
erebusant
Ah yes, you are right. it is 9798 in BGT, but he left the Entrance name the same in BGT so I was looking at the wrong spot.
Hoppy
QUOTE(erebusant @ Dec 28 2007, 11:03 AM) *
Ah yes, you are right. it is 9798 in BGT, but he left the Entrance name the same in BGT so I was looking at the wrong spot.

Hey Vlad and Erebusant,
From what I remember when having it installed, that AR9801 and Ar9798 both existed ( in the game) when I was experimenting with the travel triggers. Maybe two different versions of the same area maybe to accompany installs with or without NeJ? It didn't matter if 9801 was used after I changed the travel triggers to use 9798.

Thanks for the quick patch Vlad---Happy Holidays beer.gif
I saved the installation to DvD (but not all the backups). I guess I could try to install at the end but the new patch might not recognize the previously patched files.
Vlad
Hoppy, AR9798 from BGT is replaced with AR9801 in NeJ2. In fact, these areas are different (creatures, spawns, exits). If you have BGT installed, then AR9801 won't appear in your game, and if you play NeJ2 (solo), then you'll never get AR9798. There is no chance that you get to them both in the same game. The installation of both NeJ2 v6.9.1 and NeJ2 v6.9.4 checks for BGT installation. If it exists, then AR9799 from BGT is preserved without changes, otherwise the installation places AR9799 from NeJ2 (solo), which has specific exits, into your override.
Bill Bisco
Do I need to install something else before this NEJ 6.9.4 ? If so, what's the main file?
Vlad
No, don't install anything related to version 6. You just need to wait patiently for the new edition. I'm at the end of my own beta-testing walkthrough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.