Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I install like this
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Aashima
sorry ,my english isn`t well.this is my first time playing these mods.can i install like this order?
1.bg2+tob+26498+baldurdash-v1.64
2.ease32 or BG2_Tweaks-v5
3.TS611
4.IA5.0
5.Nej693
6.Ascension-v1.4.22
7.Sorcerer's Place Collection-v7
8.can i install ruadV20. Item Upgrade v35.FR\ROV_v3.The Magnificient Magic Store.AbyStoreV3.Desecration_of_SoulsV2.60 here
9.can i install UnfinishedBusiness.PlanarSphere_Return_v2 .Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.8.Solaufein.Valen.Tsujatha.Kelsey.Chloe.Tashia.Yasraena

Thank you!
Toxeus
Definitely no!
If you want to play Improved Anvil, you should read it's readme at least.
The same about NeJ and TS (here is installation options)
Aashima
Thank you !I have read it. Is that mean I can only install like this :
1.SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + Improved Anvil + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

2.when can i install ease32

3.Is that mean I cant install any item mod like ruadV20. Item Upgrade v35.FR\ROV_v3.The Magnificient Magic Store.AbyStoreV3.Desecration_of_SoulsV2.60 here

4. cant i install Sorcerer's Place Collection-v7

Toxeus
All off-site item upgrades have conceptual incompatibility with IA, it's not recommended to use them at all.

Is that mean I can only install like this :
1.SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + Improved Anvil + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

Well, compatibility of this three big mods was not confirmed yet, you could try at own risk wink.gif I'm not sure about mods order ... Let us wait for comments from more experienced players.
My suggestion is to play either 'IA game', or 'TS+NeJ game', and to follow carefully all author's directions
Aashima
Thank you !I think I can install this Integration MOD(http://www.trow.cn/forum/index.php?showtopic=10324)which made by chinese players instead of ia5.0
It integrates part of IA3.0 ,Tactics v23 ,battle, ease ,Ascension ,and other things
Sikret
QUOTE(Aashima @ Dec 10 2007, 06:29 AM) *
Thank you !I have read it. Is that mean I can only install like this :

Yes, this is Vlad's recommended install order (which I confirm is probably the safest install order to follow); however, I know at least a player who has installed IA v5 after TS (without Nej2) and has faced no bugs or problems so far.

As Toxeus mentioned, the full compatibility of these 3 mods together has not yet been fully tested; however, we believe that they are most probably compatible and we are ready to fix any possible incompatibility issues between these three BWL big mods.

Ease-of-Use can be installed with IA v5 (it has 2 incompatible components with IA and some other components which are not recommended). But if you want to play NeJ2, you shouldn't install Ease-of-Use.

3.Is that mean I cant install any item mod like ruadV20. Item Upgrade v35.FR\ROV_v3.The Magnificient Magic Store.AbyStoreV3.Desecration_of_SoulsV2.60 here

4. cant i install Sorcerer's Place Collection-v7

Yes, you should NOT install any item-mod or spell-pack if you intend to play IA.

I think I can install this Integration MOD(http://www.trow.cn/forum/index.php?showtopic=10324)which made by chinese players instead of ia5.0
It integrates part of IA3.0 ,Tactics v23 ,battle, ease ,Ascension ,and other things

Haven't heard of such an Integration mod at all. Nobody has asked for my permission for making it at least.

IA v3 is not comparable to IA v5 at all. It doesn't have the new quests and the item randomizer. It has some bugs too. I strongly recommend to play the latest version of IA; otherwise, you will not receive any techinical support from me.
Aashima
Thank you !Integration mod is made by some Chinese players just because IA is incompatible with Tactics v23 ,battle,Ascension .But I dont know you haven`t permit them and I have not play it also .They always like playing BG2 in the insane difficult+solo+each tactical challenges mods and have succecd in about 20 kits.

And if I only install SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + Improved Anvil 5.0+ TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.3,
Can I only install these components of Ease-of-Use after the installation of Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 :
True Grand Mastery
Multiple Strongholds
XP Cap Remover
Bonus Merchants
Bottomless Bag of Holding
Infinite Weapon and Potion Stacking
Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings
Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, ...
Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..."
Will they incompate with NEJ2?
Sikret
The "Bottomless Bag of Holding" component is not recommended to be installed with Improved Anvil. The other ones have no problems as far as Improved Anvil is concerned, but if I remember correctly, you shouldn't install any of them if you intend to play NEJ2. Vlad can provide better and more accurate information.
Aashima
Thank you ,but it sounds so bad to me .I think I should find more bags and boxes.
Sikret
I guess NEJ2 has its own Ease-of-Use. So, you will probably have most of what you wanted even without installing EoU. As for bags, Improved Anvil adds a new bag of holding to the game. smile.gif
Vlad
NeJ2 also adds various bags and quivers. There is no need to install additional EoU or similiar mods. That way you just duplicate the corresponding components in NeJ2 and probaly screw them. Please, strictly follow installation instructions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.