Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AR1010: cruft or missing?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate and TotSC
The Bigg
If this helps. I'm running the 5512 patch.
As per topic, I'm having troubles editing AR1010: the ARE file is there, but it references AR1010.wed, which is listed in my chitin.key as the file number 15 of DATA\AREA110A.BIF, whereas that file has only files from 0 to 14. When I try to CLUA there (in an unmodded game), I get a 'silent' CTD.

Thus, my question is: are you supposed to visit AR1010 'legally' and I have problems with my install, or is it just some broken cruft like XR2600 in BG2?
Sir-Kill
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Commu.../BG1/ar1010.jpg

I have not played ie games in years, but iirc it is the area right after the candlekeep catacombs. so yes legally, other than that I do not know.
The Bigg
Okay, thanks.

Looking at IESDP/NI/Comunity Assets, that catacombs area appears to be AR5506 (you enter there from AR2619). Luckily, this is proof enough to me to label 1010 as cruft (which is good for my purposes, I.E. sticking it in an ALLOW_MISSING and forgetting about it).
devSin
AR1010 is the bottom level of the ice island (TotSC). Inaccessible in the original game, it's restored by BG1UB and FotD.

The WED and bitmaps for the area weren't shipped, so there wouldn't ever be any reason to troll around in AR1010.ARE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.