The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AR1010: cruft or missing?
The Bigg
post Dec 1 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

If this helps. I'm running the 5512 patch.
As per topic, I'm having troubles editing AR1010: the ARE file is there, but it references AR1010.wed, which is listed in my chitin.key as the file number 15 of DATA\AREA110A.BIF, whereas that file has only files from 0 to 14. When I try to CLUA there (in an unmodded game), I get a 'silent' CTD.

Thus, my question is: are you supposed to visit AR1010 'legally' and I have problems with my install, or is it just some broken cruft like XR2600 in BG2?

This post has been edited by The Bigg: Dec 1 2007, 11:18 PM

--------------------
Please do not contact me for assistance in using BGT, BP, any other of the 'large mods', or a mod I didn't write or contribute to. I'm not your paid support staff, so I'd suggest you to direct your help questions to the forum relative to the mod you're playing.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Dec 1 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #2

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Commu.../BG1/ar1010.jpg

I have not played ie games in years, but iirc it is the area right after the candlekeep catacombs. so yes legally, other than that I do not know.

--------------------

Quote Post
The Bigg
post Dec 2 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Okay, thanks.

Looking at IESDP/NI/Comunity Assets, that catacombs area appears to be AR5506 (you enter there from AR2619). Luckily, this is proof enough to me to label 1010 as cruft (which is good for my purposes, I.E. sticking it in an ALLOW_MISSING and forgetting about it).

--------------------
Please do not contact me for assistance in using BGT, BP, any other of the 'large mods', or a mod I didn't write or contribute to. I'm not your paid support staff, so I'd suggest you to direct your help questions to the forum relative to the mod you're playing.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Quote Post
devSin
post Dec 3 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

AR1010 is the bottom level of the ice island (TotSC). Inaccessible in the original game, it's restored by BG1UB and FotD.

The WED and bitmaps for the area weren't shipped, so there wouldn't ever be any reason to troll around in AR1010.ARE.

This post has been edited by devSin: Dec 3 2007, 01:12 AM

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:53 PM