Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS 10th time, or the compatibility test with TS, and IA 5.0 begins
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
trufa
My suggestion is that you (trufa) play IA v5 with TS or NEJ2 (or both) and send us your reports. Even if you notice something vaguely odd during the game, don't think that it's not important. You can check your progress with Vlad and me through PMs and we will see if any conflict exists and will try to solve the possible problems.

In general, I agree that compatibility between these big and complex mods is a very desirable goal. Each of these mods alone adds so much new content to the game. If we can have them together on a single installation, it will result in the maximum possible modded content for BG2

We have reached the day, when IA 5.0 comes out, so the test shall begin.

My party:
Kachiko (kensai-mage dual wield Dak'Kon blade. (I love it, almost much as Sime Romance) The perfect IA character
Yoshimo (Fighter->Thief dualclass Blade of Night (+4 TS katana for thieves)+ IA assassin dagger It is a neccessary changing, because the original Yoshimo in 4.2, was almost death, at the first blow, and optimalizing his ThS-s
Sime (Stalker-Cleric Maces, Flails, Hammers)The new ItemUpgrades can possibly make Sime same powerful IA character, as Kachiko is.
Immy (Sorceress, and with the TS Mage-Rings she would be a weapon of mass destruction)
Aerie Depend on the PC-s Class could she be Cleric-Mage (think as a partybuffer mage type (Mass invisibility,improved haste, and such spellz)), or a single class Cleric (Think she as a good alligned Viccy. Some strategy, with the cool drow priestess)
PC Male, this is sure, but his class isn't decided yet. Possible options are Elven Fighter-Mage (Hesperus+TheTruth(Until then Kiss the Gloomfrost good TS+4 long sword in the mainquest)),another Kensai-Mage (go to Elemental staff), gnome Fighter-Illusionist (possibly elemental staff, but halberd is also possible), or Vagrant (a piercing, a slashing, and a crushing weapon(in that case would be Aerie cleric-mage))

If you have some good tips, or hints, or you will also test TS and IA 5.0, You would have lot's of my thanks (possibly Vlad's and Sikret's too, especially if you post also your experiences with these 2 cool mods
Sikret
Thank you very much, trufa, for starting to test these two mods together.

For the sake of testing as much new content as possible, I'd like to ask you to play the game with a vagrant protagonist. In this way, you will have access to the maximum number of possible new quests a player can see and play in a single IA run-through and will be able to perform a complete test. The second best choice (questwise) for another run-through will be a single-class mage, but for the first run go with a vagrant ranger if you don't mind.

trufa
I finished the net too improved Quests (Minor Athkathla quests,Ibaratha), and Harper, Thief, and Trademeet quests (without trollmound, Belmtower, and Trademeet Crypt), and killed Beastmaster in CC

-Beastmaster is doable at 4 person party (Vagrant,Yoshimo(dual fighter->Thief),Kachiko,Aerie), but it is very hard, and the Beastmaster cannot be interrupted by casting Creeping Doom

-There wasn't any huge bug

-With IA+TS the most preferrable PC is Vagrant, because in IA that kit has the most quest, and in TS (where you would possibly romance with Sime) the Sime Romance would start after the temple ruins quest, which i haven't do, but reading the stats in SK, this is doable to a 11 lvl party with much luck.
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Dec 3 2007, 01:35 PM) *
I finished the net too improved Quests (Minor Athkathla quests,Ibaratha), and Harper, Thief, and Trademeet quests (without trollmound, Belmtower, and Trademeet Crypt), and killed Beastmaster in CC

-Beastmaster is doable at 4 person party (Vagrant,Yoshimo(dual fighter->Thief),Kachiko,Aerie), but it is very hard, and the Beastmaster cannot be interrupted by casting Creeping Doom

-There wasn't any huge bug

-With IA+TS the most preferrable PC is Vagrant, because in IA that kit has the most quest, and in TS (where you would possibly romance with Sime) the Sime Romance would start after the temple ruins quest, which i haven't do, but reading the stats in SK, this is doable to a 11 lvl party with much luck.

Thanks, trufa! See my reply to one of your points here.
trufa

I am in the middle of the Temple Ruins quest.
Shadow Jailor killed (Recommened Tactic: Breach a lot, Tank Spells (Stoneskin,Mirror Image, etc.), and pray a lot to have my luck series (10 damaging hit, and 8 of them was critical)

There is some problem:
I don't know, TS's fault, or IA's fault, or both, or none of them, but the Yoshi-Kachiko romance doesn't started, and I tried it with BoHu Yoshi too.
I will make a little (month) pause with the testing because some other projects (christmas actions, and after that inventories)
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Dec 14 2007, 10:00 PM) *
There is some problem:
I don't know, TS's fault, or IA's fault, or both, or none of them, but the Yoshi-Kachiko romance doesn't started, and I tried it with BoHu Yoshi too.

It's very hard to imagine how this can be the result of a conflict between TS and IA. I'm almost sure IA has nothing to do with it. Vlad can PM me the conditions under which the romance begins and then we will be able to reply with 100% certainty.
trufa
Good Morning, and Happy new year to everyone!

At the new year's eve some shards in my Friends floortile stabbed trough my right heel, and because that, my party ruined, so I have plenty of time to test together IA, and TS, and I can take the final opinion.

As an Experienced TS player, I do not recommend to install togethet IA, and TS, because there are some minor incompatibilities, most of them with the TS weapons (Wu-Jen Katana' Spell immunity someimes egsist, sometimes not, and Sime's personal mace's undead destroyer ability doesn't work on the new species, ande Valygar's Katana is by my memories is slightly improved in TS, so this can cause some bug, which isn't tested))Besides that, the Kachiko-Yoshimo romance (which is the key condition to start the TS main quest) sometimes starts, sometimes not.
There are some roleplaying reasons also, because of it doesn't recommend to install together these two great mods
- Valygar's, and Sime' romance (which are very great ones) starts only if you have finished the Shade Lord quest, and you must go very far in the romance, before venturing to Brynnlaw, and to the TS main quest, so you must do the Shade Lord quest very early (before 500k XP), which is in IA impossible.
- Yoshimo isn't a character to IA, even if you dual him into a fighter(which kills his nasty traps, in which is strong Yoshi), his HP will be extremily low, and if you alter him to dual fighter->thief via sk., this can easily kill the Kachiko Romance.
- Sime isn't a Ranger-Cleric, she is a Stalker-Cleric, which means she has some hindrance to other fighter-Clerics due her armor restriction, which isn't ignored with her good studded armor.

So, IA is a very great, if not the greatest (aside from some not overpowered itemupgrade missings from Itemupgrade mod (Improved Aeger'h Hide, Improved Staff of Woodlands, Incarnadine Elven chain, holy Buckler of Amaunator, etc.) tactical mod in the BG world and TS is the one of the best RPG mod of them, but these two are two very different genre, and doesn't passes to eachother.
Sikret
Hi, trufa!

QUOTE(trufa @ Jan 3 2008, 02:27 PM) *
Wu-Jen Katana' Spell immunity someimes egsist, sometimes not,

As I told you before, this item should not be used at all. Just put it aside or sell it and there will be no problem. Of course, I presume that the item doesn't play any crucial role in starting any quest in TS.

and Sime's personal mace's undead destroyer ability doesn't work on the new species,
This isn't a problem either. Those new species of undead are immune to such "easy kill" effects.

ande Valygar's Katana is by my memories is slightly improved in TS, so this can cause some bug, which isn't tested

This depends on the nature of changes applied to the katana and whether its code is changed or not. I can't comment on this issue without more information.

Besides that, the Kachiko-Yoshimo romance (which is the key condition to start the TS main quest) sometimes starts, sometimes not.
Hardly related to IA. I need to knwo the exact conditions under which the romance begins to be able to comment with 100% certainty.

- Valygar's, and Sime' romance (which are very great ones) starts only if you have finished the Shade Lord quest, and you must go very far in the romance, before venturing to Brynnlaw, and to the TS main quest, so you must do the Shade Lord quest very early (before 500k XP), which is in IA impossible.

The battle with Shade Lord is doable in chapter 3 with a party of 14th level characters in average. If Vlad confirms that the battle needs to be done much earlier to prevent bugs, then yes, this can be counted as an incompatibility.

- Yoshimo isn't a character to IA, even if you dual him into a fighter(which kills his nasty traps, in which is strong Yoshi), his HP will be extremily low,
Low hp is not a mod conflict. Even single class fighters sometimes roll miserable dices for their hp.

- Sime isn't a Ranger-Cleric, she is a Stalker-Cleric, which means she has some hindrance to other fighter-Clerics due her armor restriction, which isn't ignored with her good studded armor.

I don't see how this can be a conflict between the two mods.
trufa

This depends on the nature of changes applied to the katana and whether its code is changed or not. I can't comment on this issue without more information.
In my memories the katana is a +3 weapon

Hardly related to IA. I need to knwo the exact conditions under which the romance begins to be able to comment with 100% certainty.

In my experiences the first rest, and with Yoshi's changes (other than optimalizing his ThS-s) can kill the romance

The battle with Shade Lord is doable in chapter 3 with a party of 14th level characters in average. If Vlad confirms that the battle needs to be done much earlier to prevent bugs, then yes, this can be counted as an incompatibility.
Not a Bug, as I said impossible, I wrote with my 10-11 lvl party with a single class thief. You have to play a lot of quests until you reaches that level, and than will remain few undeed, which can provide very little time, not much as the romance requires. In my experiences, because Sime's and Valygar's romances are slow , you will need a bunch of time to have his/her lovetalks before Brynnlaw. Of course you can CLUA-ing and/or pausing the game and watch some movie until the next LT, but it isn' RPG stlye

Low hp is not a mod conflict. Even single class fighters sometimes roll miserable dices for their hp.

As I wrote that wasn't a mod conflict, rather RPG problem, and Sime's Class it is'n as problem also, her problem is that she can't use full plate+x, she is stacked with her (with other circumstances good) studded armor
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Jan 3 2008, 03:09 PM) *

In my memories the katana is a +3 weapon

This minor change won't cause any problem.

In my experiences the first rest [...] can kill the romance.

Well, this is a bit of strict and heavy condition for killing the romance. So far, this issue seems to be the only real problem you have reported. If Vlad can soften the conditions under which the romance is killed, it would be nice; however, even with the current condition, it's not a mod-conflict in the strict sense of the word.
trufa
Yes, and I wrote some MINOR problems, we can say TS and IA are least 80-85% compatible with eachother, but the real reason is Yoshimo, and the fact, that you must do fairly early the shade lord quest to romance Valygar or Sime, that I don't recommend to install TS and IA, but if you wouldn't romance with Valygar and Sime, and you can through Yoshi in IA, GOod luck, and have some good experiences. It would be some.
Ryel ril Ers
Is it possible that Sikret can change Yoshimo class to Fighter->Bounty Hunter or Kensai->Thief?
That is a good solution to make my dear yoshi better character to IA and it is don't bother the TS.

The first variation is better in my opinion, because it it better fit yoshimo-s personality.

The romances is harder problem, because there are few quest in chapter 3 after you can beat the shade lord, and you get a very though asylum if you done all the chapter 3 quests and the TS main quest.
(In the period of exams i sometimes run the BG and every hour i see the romance dialogs, the adventurers can rest a bit sometimes smile.gif).
Vlad

Yes, I confirm, with respect to Valygar. With respect to Yoshi, the problem is as mentioned by trufa. Normally I always dual Yoshi at his 12th thief level to fighter. Then he turns to be very usefull NPC.
Ryel ril Ers
I think the IA and the TS is unplayable with each other.

-The shade lord quest only beatable around level 14, and there are few quest remains to do enough dialog in the two romance.
-Yoshi class is crap in IA. It is possible to dual him fighter but Sikret's new levelling table is to slow for a mid level dual, example after the level 12 dual you must earn 1.4 million xp to regeain your thief skills. sad.gif

Vlad, is there any conflict in TS that caused by change yosimo's class?
If there is none, the IA can change it and it solve one of the problem, and tho non-IA players is also be happy because yoshi doesn't change.

Vlad
Vlad, is there any conflict in TS that caused by change yosimo's class?

At least, I'm not aware of such conflict. As I said, normally I have dualled Yoshimo to the fighter class.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jan 3 2008, 11:00 PM) *

Yes, I confirm, with respect to Valygar.

Thanks, Vlad!

So, do you suggest that we announce IA and TS as incompatible with each other or do you believe that the conflict is not a major problem? Or alternatively, do you consider the option to modify and soften the romance's conditions in TS?

As I've mentioned before, most of the problems trufa mentioned are not really mod conflicts (though I believe that you need to revise that katana and omit its permanent Globe of Invulnerability, because it will even create bugs in the vanilla game; though with IA installed the bugs will be much more serious).

There seem to be only two real compatibility problems between the two mods:

1- Shade Lord can't be defeated early in the game in IA. This will cause problems in the romances in TS. If you soften and modify the romance conditions, this can be solved.

2- Yoshimo is a weak character for IA. This problem is not as important as the first one, but if you confirm that changing him will not create any bugs in TS, I can lower his theiving class in IA (to a 5th level swashbuckler for example) and then dual him to mage or to fighter. Even changing him to a 10th level swashbuckler without dual-classing is a considerable improvement for IA players.
trufa
To the Yoshi dualclassing:
The Kachiko-Yoshimo romance doesn't started, when I modified him via shadowkeeper. When I dualled him in the game, everything goes fine, besides that Yoshi can't get thief HLA-s. The only edition's which doesn't causes problem's was the Weaponskill modifications for Yoshi (crossbow to Crossbow of speed) and Kachiko (Katana to Dak'kon blades), and the Thief skill optimalizations to Yoshimo.
Sikret
Changing Yoshimo's kit to swashbuckler even without dual-classing him can improve him considerably to be a more useful character in IA.
Ryel ril Ers
Yes the swashbucker seems good choice in IA, and the player can choose dual him to fighter or not, and without the IA he remain bounty hunter.

The katana with the permanent globe can nerf a bit example not permanent only able to cast the spell 3 per day, solve one more incompatibility problem too.

But i don't know what is a solve for the romance problem what Sikret and Vlad able to accept together (wich mod must change)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.