Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh no! BIG problem with Ulcaster
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Hoppy
Ok, this is a new topic rather than a bug report because I think it is an incompatible issue with the two. I am not able to access my wiedu log because my online computer is different than my other computer with the game on it.
but I have after both games:
BGT
Baldurdash
IA
NeJ2
BGTNej2
TS
Herbs/potions BG1-BGT-BG1tutu
Same for BG2
TuTu sounds
(order is something like that)
Problem: Ulcaster crashes in BG1 part. Area code is AR9799(?), weird because the dungeon is AR9801. I am thinking that for the BG1 part it should be AR9800 and NeJ2changes it to 9799. I remember reading something about that a while ago and cannot find the reason why.

I don't care if I have to bybass it for BG1 but if Hrothgar sends us there in BG2 and it crashes I am going to bigcry.gif
Any ideas why this is happening or I am safe to continue?
BTW, everything has been working to perfection except this so if it is minor I will wait to go there for the NeJ2 Halruaa adventure.
Thanks for the help smile.gif

P.S. I have not CLUA'd anywhere and haven't tried with this area yet until I know it is safe

Also I have the 693 patch after the BGTNeJ2 part
Vlad
Hoppy, in order to help you with this problem, I should at least install both BGT v1.05 and NeJ2. But I doubt it happens sooner than A...64 releases at least a couple of new versions. So, pray for his help. With respect to the previous version of BGT v1.04, it seems no one reported such a problem, so may be you should roll back to that version and leave v1.05 for a while. Ulcaster is a critical area in NeJ2, so if it's bugged somehow, you may end with unplayable major quest of the second part. I would stop playing at this point for sure and would look for the source of the problem before to continue.

By the way, BGT assigned the same name to Ulcaster - AR9799, unless A...64 changed it in the latest version.

Good luck,
Vlad.
Hoppy
Thanks Vlad, I guess I will try to reach Ascension64 over at SHSforums and see what he says. I looked on DLTCEP at the tile sets and AR9799 is definitely Ulcaster (the desert part where Tilorn is). Maybe, I pray, that the reason for the crash is that BG2 uses the area with specific globals from NeJ2 and exits from BG1 areas may not be valid.

QUOTE(Vlad @ Nov 26 2007, 02:37 PM) *
Hoppy, in order to help you with this problem, I should at least install both BGT v1.05 and NeJ2.

I guess this means I am now a BGT1.05(a)+ NeJ2 tester then cool.gif
Thanks again Vlad and I will let you know what info Ascension64 gives me.
Hoppy
Maybe it's the BGTNeJ2 compatibility modification?
SHS link
Entrance names might have gotten changed?
CLUA works fine to AR9799 and I was mistaken about the dungeon, it is AR9798
No way am I going to trash this install, yet. I would rather try to contribute and help to fix what is wrong at least so I learn why it broke. If it kills the NeJ2 quests later in same area then I will uninstall. Your Globals are all in that area so I don't see anything to compromise it. Also, I could not find anything in BGTcomp file that would append or overwrite AR9799.
Are there some Globals pertaining to BG1 that might be preventing my arrival?
Guess I am just a persistent SOB ineffective.gif
Hoppy
Update
I fixed the travel triggers (entrances/exits) from AR9799 to AR9798 Ulcaster desert to dungeon. The problem was a new crash from desert to dungeon was inevitable. In my files, the entrance points were still using Door3901(????that's what it said) in the case of descending to the dungeon. And Exit9800 in the case of ascending. The 3900 and 3901 are still marked for the info triggers (Question marks on the sign of Ulcaster) but, they still say Ulcaster School and are not critical to change. So travel top to bottom is cool and reverse, bottom to top.
Now the new question is, will Hrothgar teleport us to Ulcaster?? I will check the BCS for that event if I know where to look which saves having to fix the crash going from ARxxxx to Ulcaster later on. I seem to remember playing different versions and one time he teleported the party and the option to travel there through worldmap was also available.
If he teleports, cool and if not an option, then I am screwed.
Any ideas on what to do then?
Vlad
Thanks Hoppy for spotting this issue. Well for now, we can say that the 6.93 patch is not compatible with BGT 1.05 + WM 6.

EDIT: Exits to areas 3900 and 3901 are prepared for the upcoming quests of Shar-Teel, Melora, Taffic and Dar. However, I totally forgot about resolution of BGT + WM 6 compatibility.
Hoppy
For now it is very playable and I will keep. The worldmap 6 is not installed , but it does look like the BGT worldmap is a mini reduction of the Worldmap mod (v6.6.1). I believe the whole Worldmap mod is to be installed for playing RoT,TDD, SoS, DS/NTotSC but maybe this minimap follows the same pattern as the large one, thus the incompatibility.
Hey persistence pays off, I am glad I stuck with it to see what went wrong and learned how to do something. biggrin.gif
Maybe I will still play through to see if there are any other incompats. I think I will back up the installation to DVDs just for research sake and install some different BG1 and BG2 mods with BGT because this stuff is really fun!

Thanks again for the help Vlad beer.gif
Vlad
Hoppy, in fact, you didn't pay attention to my note in the end of the post:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=3028

That patch 6.9.3 should be installed only after you complete BG1. That way you didn't touch the areas in BG1, particularly Ulcaster. Anyway, since the new patch has been uploaded already, this comment is not relevant anymore.
Hoppy
newsad.gif I'm an idiot.
I think there was so much time in between going over installation procedure and then when I finally got around to doing it, I was way too excited. Well, at least I learned something new and thanks again for the new patch! partytime.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.