Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will this install order work with NEJ?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
LenaMarie
I really want to play some mods but not a whole MegaMod install so i was wondering if this would work together

BG2+TOB+Baulderdash 1.64
TDD, SOS,RoT, Ascension, Longer Road, TS and NEJ
NPC mods (Kelsey, Keto etc), Banter and flirt packs, Weimer weidu mods (Spell50, Item Upgrade)
Thieft Stronghold exp, RoV_FR,Planer sphere mods,Ding0 Quest pack, Tweak packs
Worldmap

Thanks in advance, im hoping that would work together.
Chev
Sorry, No.
LenaMarie
which part? can i just remove somethings to make it work?
Hoppy
Baulderdash 1.64+TS+NEJ THIS IS A MEGAMOD INSTALL A
TDD, SOS,RoT, Ascension, Longer Road THIS IS A MEGA MOD INSTALL B
Unfortunately A+B will probably result in disaster

QUOTE(LenaMarie @ Nov 1 2007, 04:14 AM) *
NPC mods (Kelsey, Keto etc), Banter and flirt packs, Weimer weidu mods (Spell50, Item Upgrade)
Thieft Stronghold exp, RoV_FR,Planer sphere mods,Ding0 Quest pack, Tweak packs
Worldmap

Thanks in advance, im hoping that would work together.

You have options for 2 different megamod installs, creating two very unique modded games. Mods aren't designed and created to go hand in hand with other giant mods. Some can be compatible while some are not at all.
I think worldmap (6.x) has problems with Baldurdash as I was told when I had flawless crashing moving to areas.

BG2+TOB+Baulderdash 1.64+TS+NEJ
(look in Vlad's install in the important topics in top of this forum for details) THIS IS A MEGAMOD INSTALL
For this, you can read the forum topics because others have tried to install small mods on top. You will be able to see what the blessings and curses are.
BG2+ToB+TDD, SOS,RoT, Ascension, Longer Road
THIS IS A MEGA MOD INSTALL
Use BG2 fixpack (replacing Baldursach1.6.4) New worldmap will work with this install
More help on installing these can be found at spellholdstudios.net
Some mods are supported at different "homes", so it depends on what you want to do.
LenaMarie
I can live without TDD,SOS, ROT. But i really need Ascension and npc mods, basically what i want to do is TS-NEJ and mods like Kesley, Keto, Amber and the associated Banter and flirt mods, those i think are small, so i would be okay installing them right? I have a MegaMod TS-NEJ Install now thats working, i mean i can start the game and i can see Shar Teel and Imoen and the new portriats.

im doing this install on a older laptop so its probally best i keep it small anyway. Thanks for any help.
Chev
so i would be okay installing them right?

No, not really. Size is not the question, many of the mods out there use the FixPack and NeJ2 uses Baldurdash v1.6.4. I have installed the latest version of NeJ2 with unapproved mods, yes the game was playable (as far as I played it), but it had bugs with messed up dialogue and other things. Support for for Mega Mods can be found at ShS

Play at your own risk! Good Luck!
LenaMarie
Wow, this megamod is really not friendly is it? I didnt think ascension would affect it because i heard TS-Nej doesnt carry into TOB or npcs like kelsey would mess it up, i dont understand how this is but I'll make a backup of TS-Nej install and experiment with npc mods
Vlad
If you are told that an ice-cream with cucumbers in vinegar could cause you gastrical problems, does it mean that the ice-cream is "not friendly"?

Yes, you can install Ascension, it's okay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.