Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lag in Irenicus' Dungeon
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vardaman
Is there anything in NeJ that would cause my game to run much slower in CI? It's driving me nuts. I tried doing some of the dungeon to get items but it was too annoying so I just went through the portal before finishing it. Things are running normally in the NeJ areas.

I do have Dungeon be Gone installed so it could be because of that. I told the guy to go away and it's still laggy.
Vlad
Is there anything in NeJ that would cause my game to run much slower in CI?

Nothing.
Vardaman
Ok, I'll try a fresh install next time without Dungeon-Be-Gone and see if that changes anything. I just accidentally nuked my dialog.tlk so it's time for a restart. dry.gif
Backslider
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Oct 31 2007, 08:53 PM) *
Is there anything in NeJ that would cause my game to run much slower in CI? Things are running normally in the NeJ areas.

Well, I have the same problem with NeJ...
Jarno Mikkola
Well the only solution that I have comed up with is; Warning! You should know what you are doing! Biffing.

First step, make sure you have a safe packup files! Copy the original override folder, baldur.ini, CHITIN.KEY, dialog.tlk and BGMain.exe(it should take something like 41-44Mb's depending how you look at it)
Second step, this isn't about trying to solve hard disk space problems, this is just going to add them, as there are crashes to windows that can't be got around without both override.bif and the real override/ folder.
Third, solve your mod installation order to the best of your abilities. Into something like this:

unsure.gif
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #3 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #5 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #6 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.65 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV165.TP2~ #0 #7 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.11
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
~WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen mod

Forth step is to install them in the order.(You'll need to update a few installation .exe's, especially if you have RR, so just copy and paste into the same directory, the Setup-RR.exe, making a copy_Setup-RR.exe. Then just copy the original .exe name and add 1 to the name and replace the copy_Setup-RR.exe's name with the original's name.)
The fifth is to make the biff:
Please make a backup of the same files as before this.
Rename one of the copy_Setup.exe's into WeiDU.exe.
Start it, push Enter a few times so the Enter argument: -line comes up. Write:
--game C:\NeJ (presuming you have the game installed into that directory)
The exe runs a few seconds and ends.
Start the same exe again and push Enter a few times so the Enter argument: -line comes up again. Write:
--make-biff override
And it runs again, more than a few and makes override.bif(mine was 1.92Gb's biggrin.gif ) into C:\NeJ\data . Start the game(don't delete anything, or you'll have CTWs). thumb.gif
Quadi54
IF anyone else gets a little bit of lag, maybe before uninstalling, try disabling the Ambient Sounds in the config menu.
aVENGER
QUOTE(Jarno Mikkola @ Dec 26 2007, 08:01 PM) *
Forth step is to install them in the order.(You'll need to update a few installation .exe's, especially if you have RR, so just copy and paste into the same directory, the Setup-RR.exe, making a copy_Setup-RR.exe. Then just copy the original .exe name and add 1 to the name and replace the copy_Setup-RR.exe's name with the original's name.)

Slightly off topic, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to achieve.

In any case, I should point out that Rogue Rebalancing can not be installed with older versions of WeiDU (i.e. 185) since it uses several new commands which were introduced in WeiDU versions 200+ (i.e. SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY and REMOVE_CRE_ITEM). Therefore, it's extremely unwise to downgrade the RR installer.
Clown
Hi, I am using an Nej install and experiencing some considerable lag also and have tried all the options suggested here except biffing the override. I have tried to biff my override as explained here but it does not seem to work, can anyone offer any further pointers as to how to do this succesfully?
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(aVENGER @ Mar 25 2008, 10:39 AM) *
In any case, I should point out that Rogue Rebalancing can not be installed with older versions of WeiDU (i.e. 185) since it uses several new commands which were introduced in WeiDU versions 200+ (i.e. SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY and REMOVE_CRE_ITEM). Therefore, it's extremely unwise to downgrade the RR installer.
Actually the intention was to upgrade the other weidu.exe's with the one supplied within the RR.

QUOTE(Clown @ Apr 2 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Hi, I am using an Nej install and experiencing some considerable lag also and have tried all the options suggested here except biffing the override. I have tried to biff my override as explained here but it does not seem to work, can anyone offer any further pointers as to how to do this succesfully?
So where is the problem? Might it be that you have the game within a directory that has s p a c e s in them. You'll need to put the directory inside the "" marks. So the code line is something like this:
CODE
--game "C:\Program files\NeJ"
and then continue, as in the previous post. There is also a thing that needs to be noted, the dos command line can't have too many marks or the computer can't read it.
Vlad
Guys, sorry, I don't like this topic. It's not related to NeJ2 and this lag you all report is not a problem in NeJ2 installation. This problem comes from a huge number of mods you install, which all eat your computer memory. Biffing of such huge installation is a good solution, but once again I'm definitely against biffing in case you install NeJ2. There are clear installation instructions where I didn't mention biffing. That's why I'm locking this topic. I have already mentioned here that all question related to mega installs should be asked at the SHS forums where such installations are supported. Here I don't support such installation, and thus there is no sense in continuing this discussion.

Click.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.