Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hrothgar keeps stopping
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
wellunhappy
Okay my problem is very similar to the post below but it only affects Hrothgary

Minsc stopping

Incidentally, I had the same problem with minsc as well but it has nothing to do with boo because I didn’t install boo. I kicked Minsc out and he was no major loss to me.

My party is me, Immy, Jah, Chlo, Dar and constantly stopping Hrothy

When I select a point for my party he stops half way behind and it’s unplayable because of this and I’m so upset because I was really looking forward to playing this part 2. bigcry.gif

Can I kick him out do all part 1 and get him back just before the end and hope it does not do it in an unmodded BG area outside of CI? unsure.gif

Or am I eternally damned with no offer of support because I am a bad person who didn’t follow instructions and am to be sent over to the SS in shame asking for help. angry.gif

Please, I know I did wrong by adding mods but any suggestions? wub.gif
Senka
Who is Chlo? NeJ hasn't such person...
wellunhappy
Sorry chicken
chlo is Chloe

For the record I have chloe, PSW and Tower of deception installed all before NEJ/TS.
wellunhappy
One quick shuffle of folders later.

Fresh install

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 +patch

Minsc wont move with party!!!!!

It has nothing to do with BOO cos i didn't install so why is this happening?????

Am I going to experience the same problem with Hrothgar, as above????

Answers please people wacko.gif
wellunhappy
Senka
At first, you need BD 1.64
At second, Vlad made a new patch. Did you see it?
I have to say I played NeJ with TS and BGT and haven't any problem with Hrothgar. I didn't take Minsk
wellunhappy
MY bad cos BD 1.64 is installed.
Got latest patch!!

Still got same problem and not playing BGT
Senka
May be, you need to begin new game?
wellunhappy
Maybe I did angry.gif

Hello i'm sure my post said Fresh install.......Yes it did.

Any sensible answers to my stutter bug with minsc. wub.gif
Vlad
wellunhappy hi,

For sure, it's not a problem of NeJ2. The stutter means that there is some script from another mod which tries to trigger an NPCs' dialogue but either the dialogue is absent or the conditions in the dialogue are wrong or it conflicts with another script or dialogue. In any way, you should really install SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + patch v6.9.3 from scratch in a separate directory and try to start a new game. If, in this case, you see Minsc's stutter again, please attach your saved game here.

Good luck! smile.gif
wellunhappy
Well For sure, it is a problem of NeJ2.

I thought it might be related to other mods I had installed so I did a completely fresh install.

Fresh as in disk install and I have ONLY TS & NEJ. Followed instructions clearly.

The problem I have is with Hrothgar at the windmill he moves a few inches then stops and turns in the opposite direction to the one he was sent to go. Lets be clear I have absolutley nothing else installed.

So whats wrong this is def. a problem with NEJ am I the only one experiencing this?????

I've reinstalled twice so anyone suggesting this will really feel the venom of a reply. Sensible answers and offers of help ONLY please and anything from the master himself wub.gif , cos right now this game is unplayable for me. bigcry.gif bigcry.gif bigcry.gif

save game attached

If any of this is relevant. Installing boo stops the minsc bug CI sorted. BGII -SoA is on a partion E, I've butched the priest and his side kick for xp and stuff, as well the elf in the pub. also kicked out minsc to make room.
Hoppy
Just out of curiosity, can you force talk Hrothgar (F1)? Maybe a dialog isn't firing and that has worked with me before in other mods where a dialog is suppose to happen but doesn't. You may have run into a script error with killing Erevain. He is found later in the IWD part, in some form or other.
wellunhappy
Well done hopster thumb.gif

It is indeed down to Erevain. Killing his sorry ass results in a script breaker! An the 'ol stutter shuffle

So may this be a warning to you...Don't go killing NPC's no matter how tempting it may be ph34r.gif

Big thanks smile.gif
Hoppy
Glad it was an easy diagnosis cool.gif
Sir-Kill
what? WHAT!? I can't kill hapless npc's Grr tongue.gif
Vlad
Hrothgar normally attacks your party on sights if you kill anyone in Easthaven. He warned you I think. Now what happens if he is already in your party is a good question. I'll correct this exploit in his script in the next version.
Ymarsakar
So essentially Hrothgar punished wellunhappy for killing a good NPC.

What's the big deal? That's how it should happen.
Bereth Darkides
Need Elvish rope! groucho.gif
Bereth Darkides
Sure you can kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them!

wacko.gif
wellunhappy
QUOTE(Bereth Darkides @ May 7 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Sure you can kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them kill them!

wacko.gif

I think you need to give the pharmaceutical products a rest for a while
wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
Hoppy
I hope they are not "over the counter" products.
Bereth Darkides
The "Stutter bug". No pills for stupid!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.