Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What will be good in the next release (6.2, or 7.0), or some ideas
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
trufa
I think on TS, and I have some Ideas, that are maybe useful

Adventure,NPC-s

The NPC quests startings (Jaheira,Cernd,Mazzy,Jan, etc...) could be NOT starting at the main quest
Some Tougher Guardian for Blade of Night (could be at by Masaki's Personal Guard (very! High level Assassin))
Some Tougher Guardian for Edion's Ring of Wizardry (could beat by Masaki's personal Mage (High level Mage)
Sime romance: the female path could be the same as the male, and the shorter could be for Halflings, and Gnomes
for Dyna some banters, because while I played with her 4 times, there wasn't any, except the starting
Coran accesable before Brynnlaw

Items

from Comp bow of Defender +4 take out the 4 attack/round. The +2 AC is well enough for the bow.
from Blade of Night can be taked out the saving throw against additional elemental damage
Wu Haltai and Wu-jen baldes perhaps could be upgraded with +1-+1 enchantment to +4 Wu-Haltai and +3 Wu-jen
The older items (Mithran Cloak, boots of the Fox etc.) can be taked in the mod

There could be a possibility to upgrade TS items
Maybe a Kara-Turian weaponsmith in Brynnlaw, or in Trademeet. (In that possibility. Aino can give Yoshi a token, or some signet ring etc, to "activate" the Trademeet smith)

The Union of Hashimoto, and Nakanishi
Hojo War Ring of Nakanishi
Hashimoto Signet Ring (or the token, what Aino gives)
Scroll of Fire Resistance (Blue)
Scroll of Fire Resistance (Green)
Yoshimo's Katana, or Kachiko's Wakizashi (If the item a weapon), or Laeral Tear Necklace (If the item is an amulet), or Fire Opal Ring (If the item is a Ring)
20000 GP

The Union of Hashimoto, and Nakanishi
+2 Katana, or +3 Wakizashi, or Ring, or Necklace
75% Fire Resistance, +2 AC,+2 CON
Usable by Kachiko or Yoshimo

God's Legacy
Ring of Holiness I
Ring of Holiness II
Boots of Forgotten ones
30000GP

God's Legacy
+2 Spell lvl 1-4
+1 Spell lvl 5-7
faster movement like Boots of Speed
Usable by Clerics and Druids

Some Crossmodic content with IA (If you and Sikret both agreed. Thet will be very-very good, and not only for me, for many.)

True Daikatana
Katana +3 Wu Haltai
Katana +2 Wu Jen
Celestial Fury
Malakar
Hindo's Doom +3
Blade of Night
Permanency Scroll
Manual of Elaboration
4 Scroll of Greater Malision
2 Scroll of Globe of invulnerability
2 Green Scroll of Prot. from Magic
2 Scroll of prot from mag. Energy
200000-250000 GP

True Daikatana +6
+1 AC / +3 vs. Slashing
+1 STR,DEX,CON
2 HP regeneration/Round
Additional +2 Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricial damage
20 % Stun (save vs spell for none)
5% additional +20 electricial damage
Negative Plain protection
Immunity to harmful Spells lvl. 1-5
With every succesful Hit, lowers the opponent's every resistances by 10%
2 Lesser, or 1 Greater Restoration / day
1 Blind / day
1 Lightning Strike / day
Usable by Kensai (SINGLE CLASS!!!!), Monk, and Samurai (SINGLE CLASS) With Lawful non-Evil Allignment, and ONLY WITH Single Weapon Style

God's Legacy
Ring of Holiness I
Ring of Holiness II
Boots of Forgotten ones
Scroll of Memory Boosting
60000GP

God's Legacy
+3 Spell lvl 1-4
+2 Spell lvl 5-7
faster movement like Boots of Speed
Usable by Clerics and Druids

The Archmage Ring
Ring of Wizardry I
Ring of Wizardry II
Ring of Acuity
Edion's Ring of Wizardry
Ulcaster Academy Ring
2 Scroll of Memory Boosting
Limak's Brain
100-150 k Gold

The Archmage Ring
+4 Spell/ lvl
Usable by Single class Mages, Specialized Mages, and Sorcerers
Vlad
Trufa, thanks a lot for your ideas.

1. Yes, there is no problem to introduce all the item changes you listed. Also item upgrade/downgrade can be easily done.
2. Preventing messengers from appearing on the island or NPCs leaving the island is a necessary fix, so it will be implemented in the next version.
3. To make the guardian tougher is possible, but better, in my opinion, is to make them corresponding to the level of the group since after completing NeJ2 quests the TS main quest becomes really easy to complete. By the way, for NeJ2 players, I consider changing the sum of the gold necessary to collect in Chapter 2 from 10,000 to 100,000, and it's not too much after completing all the NeJ2 quests, by the way.
4. Sime. I have some additional material for Sime, which Domi wrote several years ago, but I have had no time to add it until now. So, it could be done for the next release. With respect to introducing changes into the female romance, I can do this only if Domi does not mind.
5. I would gladly add any dialogues/banters/interjections for Dyna and Coran if someone writes this.
6. Coran will be again accessible in Chapter 2 in the next version.

Additionally, all the areas, items, character animations will be adapted to NeJ2. It means there will be no more duplicated items, areas and animations between two mods. I consider making a couple of new areas instead of existing ones.
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Sep 28 2007, 01:27 PM) *
Some Crossmodic content with IA (If you and Sikret both agreed. Thet will be very-very good, and not only for me, for many.)

We have yet to verify that these mods are fully compatible with each other before making crossmod content for them.

So far, no player has reported any conflict, but it doesn't mean that no conflict existed. Sometimes the player simply fails to notice an incompatibility because it doesn't have game-breaking effects. Complete conceptual compatibility between big mods is usually somewhat hard to attain. What makes the compatibility even harder to acheive in this case is that according to Vlad, both TS and NEJ2 require to be installed after IA; while some of the changes IA applies to the game are so important and crucial that they should not be overridden by other mods.

My suggestion is that you (trufa) play IA v5 with TS or NEJ2 (or both) and send us your reports. Even if you notice something vaguely odd during the game, don't think that it's not important. You can check your progress with Vlad and me through PMs and we will see if any conflict exists and will try to solve the possible problems.

In general, I agree that compatibility between these big and complex mods is a very desirable goal. Each of these mods alone adds so much new content to the game. If we can have them together on a single installation, it will result in the maximum possible modded content for BG2.
Vlad
Agreed. But let's concentrate on compatibility of TS with IA separately from NeJ2 at the moment. I shall try myself the game of TS + IA v5 in the nearest future and see how it goes.
trufa
Agreed. But let's concentrate on compatibility of TS with IA separately from NeJ2 at the moment. I shall try myself the game of TS + IA v5 in the nearest future and see how it goes.
Sikret Posted Yesterday, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(trufa @ Sep 28 2007, 01:27 PM) *

We have yet to verify that these mods are fully compatible with each other before making crossmod content for them.

So far, no player has reported any conflict, but it doesn't mean that no conflict existed. Sometimes the player simply fails to notice an incompatibility because it doesn't have game-breaking effects. Complete conceptual compatibility between big mods is usually somewhat hard to attain. What makes the compatibility even harder to acheive in this case is that according to Vlad, both TS and NEJ2 require to be installed after IA; while some of the changes IA applies to the game are so important and crucial that they should not be overridden by other mods.

My suggestion is that you (trufa) play IA v5 with TS or NEJ2 (or both) and send us your reports. Even if you notice something vaguely odd during the game, don't think that it's not important. You can check your progress with Vlad and me through PMs and we will see if any conflict exists and will try to solve the possible problems.

In general, I agree that compatibility between these big and complex mods is a very desirable goal. Each of these mods alone adds so much new content to the game. If we can have them together on a single installation, it will result in the maximum possible modded content for BG2.
Vlad Posted Sep 28 2007, 03:05 PM

Ia 5.0 is released??? thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

I will then begin a new game, TS+IA, and possibly Divine Remix for Battleguard of Tempus. If that Component is incompatible, than not Tempus priest.
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Oct 16 2007, 05:21 PM) *
Ia 5.0 is released??? thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

Not yet, sorry! It will be released soon.

I will then begin a new game, TS+IA, and possibly Divine Remix for Battleguard of Tempus. If that Component is incompatible, than not Tempus priest.

Yes, Divine Remix is incompatible with IA.

PS: Sorry, Vlad! Feel free to move the last two posts to IA's forum if you want.
trufa
Charged Battle Axe would be also useful to take out from Joluv. Maybe it should be given to Maferan or Olaf Rasmussen (The Minotaur, or the Orog guy at the Guarded Compound, who has normally Battle Axe +2
Sikret
@trufa

I'm not sure if your latest post (containing the suggestion) was directed at Vlad or at me. Please send your suggestions to me to IA's forum (in this case, send them to the pinned progress report topic).
trufa
Sikret!

My last post her (charged axe) goes to Vlad, and for this topic, because in my latest small TS tried Charged Axe, and found a little powerful for the price and accessability
trufa
It would be very good to optimalize Yoshimo
At lest his ThS-s, because he doesn't need the 80% Move Silently, and the 40% Hide, and his Set traps is 15. This is very-very bad.

But the best would it, that you "remake" Yoshi, to Dualclassed fighter-thief, because he wouldn't be so dead, as the original one. The Rpg background is also there, because we hadn' experienced, that Yoshi would have to be a BOunty Hunter all the time, rather he was a Kara-Turian fighter, not neccesserally kensai, then he must flee, for the known reasons, and when he fought for live, he became a thief.
Vlad
Trufa, I've removed both items (the axe and composite bow + 4) from Joluv. With respect to dualing Yoshi to a fighter, in fact this is what I always do in my game. But this is really a choice of the player as it should be.
Sikret
I guess trufa was actually suggesting the opposite for Yoshimo: Starting as a fighter and then dualling to a thief (all before he joins the party). The problem with the suggestion is that Yoshimo joins the party a tad too soon, which doesn't allow a modder to change him to a 9th level fighter dualled to thief (for the lots of xp needed for this change). He can at best be changed to a 7th level fighter dualled to thief, which is not a very considerable improvement.
Vlad
Well, I'm definitely against modifying Yoshimo by a mod. Let players choose what they like.
trufa
What I forgot very long time:

Sime romanceable to Neutral Characters too, because druids, whose interest is very similar to a ranger-cleric can't romance Sime
(I tried with fem Kensai-Druid,mal kensai-druid, and avenger druid too)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.