Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noob questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Modder's Tools
Vardaman
I keep crashing the game when I add a memorized spell to a CRE using NI. The '# memorized spells' updates correctly but the 'memorized spells offset' doesn't change. Is this causing my problems or am I missing something else?

(Specifically, what I'm trying to do is add more spells to familiars.)
Baronius
Memorized spells offset doesn't change when a new memorized spell is added, that's OK.

Was the file you're editing with NI created/appended with WeiDU or any other tool, or is it an original game file? Or perhaps a mod's file?

The file might have an irregular structure which NI might not handle correctly (though it should), but that matters only if you've edited something else on it with NI as well, before adding a new memorized spell. Or is it the only thing you've done with NI before the crash? (In other words, did the creature "work" correctly in the game earlier?)

Did you try it with DLTCEP, anyway?
Vardaman
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 22 2007, 12:28 PM) *
Memorized spells offset doesn't change when a new memorized spell is added, that's OK.

Ok, that puts my mind at ease on that point.

Was the file you're editing with NI created/appended with WeiDU or any other tool, or is it an original game file? Or perhaps a mod's file?
I don't think it was changed by any mod and none of them mentioned changing familiars.

The file might have an irregular structure which NI might not handle correctly (though it should), but that matters only if you've edited something else on it with NI as well, before adding a new memorized spell. Or is it the only thing you've done with NI before the crash? (In other words, did the creature "work" correctly in the game earlier?)

I messed around with it a bit like changing HP & stats and it was summoned fine. I could try summoning it and then editing the CRE file. It's only when I add additional memorized spells to the CRE that the Summon Familiar locks up BGII as it's summoned.

I'll try that next.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Vardaman
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 22 2007, 12:28 PM) *

Ok, I tried adding spells with DLTCEP and now I can summon the familiar with no problem. One strange thing is that every time I open the CRE file with DLTCEP, it mentions a harmless inconsistency that was reordered.
Baronius
Sorry for not replying for a long time, I forgot about this topic.

Don't worry about the harmless inconsistency, as it says, it's harmless. smile.gif Though, if it's saved with DLTCEP, DLTCEP should apply its changes and thus it shouldn't display the same message when opening the file next time. (Well, it's possible that it doesn't apply the changes, but don't worry about it.)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.