Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips on installation and compatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
wellunhappy
First off well done for the new version of NEJ2 it’s nice to see a mod started and within a reasonable time limit actually finished and not left in some horrible buggy mess, if anyone is listening over at team BP rolleyes.gif ....I know I’m going straight to Hades for that but they love me really.

I’m about to install and just need a few tips on correct order and such.

Chloe and Tashia remix v1.0 are musts and I’m assuming that these are okay either before or after NEJ is okay. Right?

Main Components (in this order):
TS v6.11 +
Tower of Deception +
PlanarSphereMod 26a +
Deeper_Shadows_of_Amn_v2.2 +
difficult brown dragon
ghost shadow dragon
grothar the red dragon

DarkRitual_101+
Improved Asylum.92+
NeJ2 v6.9.1

Rule changes added AFTER NEJ.
NEJ patch
NEJ portal mover (It’s not a story thing)
TDD Character Kits (ONLY)
BG2 Fixpack v1
remove dual-classing restrictions from archers and stalkers
BG2 Tweak Pack
weapon styles for all
expanded dual-class options
turn off cloak of mirroring
spell trap

Sword and fist
monk remix
Oversight
monk high level abilities
Shadows of Amn item import
Ruad Ro'fessa item upgrade v20
Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v32.exe

thanks people wub.gif
Chev
WoW Good to see you back wellunhappy!!!!! wub.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

I will let Vlad answer most of it, but remember DarkRitual_101+ overwrites so it you use it install it early. PlanarSphereMod 26a is still some what bugy, but much better than earlier versions. Ruad v19 is the more stable version, V20 was a release of what he had finnished before he stopped modding.
Vlad
Nice to see you return! beer.gif

Many things you listed you actually don't need. NeJ2 is full of new items, new spells, creatures etc. So in order to preserve the high stability and playability of the mod, I insist on installing it without many other mods. Beleive me, a dozen of additional super-items, new solo NPCs or a new bunch of enemeis are not worth the stability of the NeJ2. In any way to minimize the compatibility problems, please install Cloe, Tasha and other your favourite mods before installation of TS and NeJ2. I would advice on the following installation:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + [optional mods] + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + v6.9.3.

If you do decide to install optional mods of yours such as Chloe and Tasha, you may encounter problems, which have not been reported before, so you will be on your own in solving these problems. In addition to what Chev said, I would like to stress that I strongly against installation of BG2 fixpack an tweak pack, and any of their components. As I mentioned before, some cosmetic changes you get from there are not worth the stability of the whole game. On the other hand, Baldurdash-WeiDU is a must.

Good luck!
wellunhappy
Thanks for the warm welcome guys:thumb:

Maybe its my imagination but there seems to be a bit of a lag, it could just be normal play as its been over a year since I’ve played this game and forgotten what its like. In CI I did notice that when my party moved minsc gets left behind not a major problem as I sent his sorry butt back to CC.

My overrides looking very big as well should I have biffed it?

I took your ….. erm….most of your advice and certainly did not install fix & tweak pack. I know I’ve been a bad girl but I can’t believe the few mods I did install would cause this.

I don’t fancy .bcs hunting can you offer any advice? Does NEJ game have a very slight delay maybe I’m comparing this old game to my playstation.

Vlad
Do you mean a stutter of a certain NPC, such as Minsc, or the whole game lags? If it is a stutter of Minsc, then look for incompatibilities with other mods. If the whole games lags or falters, degrade your PC hardware and install Windows 98.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.