Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS at 7th time
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
trufa
I have finished TS(SOA part) at 7th time. My new/old Impressions.

Very good mod. Again. One of the best mods on the "market". Cool NPC-s (Sime's character and voicing rocks. Again. Can be send out only Sime??? pls!!! I love Her. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif ). Most of the Items are well balanced. Good story, good talks, so a very cool RPG mod.

Comp bow of Defender +4 is far too powerful item, and without some serious fight... It kicks the Game Balance. With it my ELven Archer PC (fem) don't need Whirlwind attack, to get 10 attack/round. (only an imp.haste). And she shoots 10 times in a round with -18 THACO? She dont need any NPC-s. (perhaps a thief)

Ulcaster Ring maybe not too powerful, because there are a lot of thogh battles before it.

Dual wield Dak'kon Blade on Kachiko rocks.

Blade of Night is good-good, but in my opinion it can be taked out the saving throw against additional elemental damage

Wu Haltai and Wu-jen baldes perhaps could be upgraded with +1-+1 enchantment to +4 Wu-Haltai and +3 Wu-jen

There was a Cloak of M???? in an earlier version of TS, maybe in 5.0 by Deidre. Could be taken back? Or it is possible to copy only the Cloak's file(s) to override? Which is(are) this (those) file(s).

Undead Samurai's are turnable by priest?

Some compatibility or bug Questions.

Can be do anything with Jaheira's departure at Nakanishi island? Because it was not the first time, Dermin Appeared and talked with Jaheira, and after rest (And it is a MUST rest before chess fight)she is gone, and i can take her back only with CLUAing to Dock's and then back. It is frustrating, and with Jaheira Romance really-really annoying.

Solaufein mod is COmpatible with TS? Because in the first "Sime Encounter" (vampires) was some unreadable stuff, and after uninstall Sola mod, goes everything fine.

In the first Elemental Arena fight Sime conjured Flame Blade (lvl 2 priest spell), and it isn't gone anytime, so I played with them through Spellhold, Underdark, and Watcher's Keep. Is there a bug again?

My Weidu log (almost the same ever, but the first time this problem)
Ease-of-Use (not all)
Dungeon-be-GOne (Everything goes fine with them!!!)
Tower of Deception
Item Upgrade (SOA+TOB)
SP COllection: Creslyn's Item Pack
Vlad
Thanks for the kind report. It's really nice to see you enjoy the mod and provide objective opinion.

Can be do anything with Jaheira's departure at Nakanishi island?
Well, I stopped the timers summoning various messengers in Halruaa in NeJ2, and should probably introduce this fix in TS as well. I'll do this in the next release.

In the first Elemental Arena fight Sime conjured Flame Blade (lvl 2 priest spell), and it isn't gone anytime

It's a not a problem of TS.

Can be send out only Sime??? pls!!! I love Her.

I too. smile.gif But the answer is no. I would prefer to release a new version of TS than to extract Sime. Really, she is one of the Tortured Souls, in fact. wink.gif
trufa
In the first Elemental Arena fight Sime conjured Flame Blade (lvl 2 priest spell), and it isn't gone anytime

It's a not a problem of TS.

I found the problem. The SP Collection-Cresslyn Item puck causes the problem. This option is incompatible with TS, but the kits, especially Sylvan Mistic, Archer of Sylvanus, Blademaster works Fine.

Why is it, that the g3 no NPC-mods are incompatible with the Blackwyrmlair mod
Baronius
With which Blackwyrmlair mod exactly?

If you mean that many of the G3 mods are often incompatible with other mods, it's because their development doesn't follow certain important guidelines (for example, that's why the G3 BG2 Fixpack may break almost any other mod in unfortunate cases), and BWL's more complex projects are more sensitive to these crucial aspects.

If you've just referred particularly to TS, well, TS isn't a small mod, and as such, it's also sensitive to any custom changes made on the game by other mods. (This is the real reason, and not what certain other NPC creators try to spread; they mislead players by spreading that *TS* is responsible for the problems, and other lies too.)
trufa
Divine Remix,Sword&Fist, SP-Creslyn with TS and/or IA

I know Creslyn's reason (because it sets the most of the new items to Deidre, buut it causes some dialogic problems in IA too.
Kivan is also almost unplayable with IA, but it isn' bug, it is Kivan's kit.

Auren Aseph is caused some little problems with Sheena.

Baronius
Well, sometimes two mods are incompatible for conceptual (and much less often, for technical) reasons. However, incompatibility risks between mods could significantly be decreased if modders made a little bit more effort to learn (instead of crazily producing and extending mods).
Vlad
The topic is split, as it is originally dedicated to Trufa's walkthrough at 7th time, and I'd like to keep it so.
tatterdemalion
Hi -- playing TS-BP 6.0.9 and having great fun with it. I found this thread already containing a report of the bug I wanted to report, but I will give details, especially since it was one of the more entertaining bugs I've ever seen:

We walk out of an inn at night, in chapter 3. Three vampires Dimension Door in. Sime gives a brave remark to one of them. Then one, labeled 'Sola', gives Solaufein's join-from-the-abyssal-plane script. I decline to be joined, thank you. ("Dear Sola... you look a little odd! WTF!") He then disappears. The other two are labeled 'Sol' and 'Solaf' and stand there doing nothing.

I know, I know, TS is intended for playing by itself and there are no guarantees of anything working. :-) I reloaded from my last save, and I'm going to avoid walking around at night with Sime for a while and then maybe drop her. (Or uninstall Solaufein -- but that would be out of order for my installs and I'm worried it would mess things up worse.) I just thought it would be nice to have a record for posterity, just in case anyone else encounters the same problem.
trufa
That's a bug, I had it too.
Uninstall Solaufein, reload a save, or autosave, than play. The vampire encounter will be fine
Vlad
tatterdemalion, it's not a BUG as you refer to it. It was clearly stated for several years that the Solaufein mod is INCOMPATIBLE with TS. Either you don't read readme's, infos, posts, faqs or you don't care about it. In both cases, you shouldn't report this specific incompatibility issue in the end of year 2007 when almost everybody in the community is aware of it.
tatterdemalion
Sorry, I was sure I had (I spent about two hours looking at compatibility information and searching forums) so I just looked at the readme again for the version I've got (TS-BP 6.0.9) and it's still not listed in there.

I understand things get shuffled around (and that having several versions means there are several documentations which may not all have the same content -- it's a pain just to keep different versions of my resume sorted!) -- and, as I said before, I understand WHY there are no guarantees of compatibility with this mod!

I'm not expecting anyone to fix it. :-) It's only that if someone else comes along and is also doing a similar search, I want them to be able to find my comment; if I'd found a similar comment, I'd have waited until I'd finished playing through at least once before installing Solaufein.

That's all. Thanks.
Vlad
tatterdemalion, thanks for your concern and understanding. I'll add this compatibility patch in the next release of TS, so people won't experience this particular mod conflict anymore. One of the topics which has already discussed this issues is here:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...mp;hl=Solaufein

Good luck. smile.gif
trufa
I found a way, how to compatible the Solaufein mod (or some parts), and TS. When I play the Sola-mod for the two buff scripts, and it was very Annoying(more Annoying, than Annoyman) the big Bug with my favourite lovely NPC's (Sime wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif ) Vampire encounter. So I Extracted the mod (Sola), and NOT install, than I searched the two script files, then F5 (Total Commander), or Copy paste without TC in the BGII/Script directory, and voilá I have the two scripts as custom scripts. New players should first install only Sola, and learn the key-s , then uninstall Sola, and install TS, than copy the two script files. With that way everything works fine with TS, and EasyAnvil (Tactics/Ascension+Itemupgrade) until the main quest. (I have tested until the main quest
Vlad
Thanks, trufa. The easiest way will be changing a Death Variable of one of the encountered vampires. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.