Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ring of Might quest - how it goes?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Karimar
Hi, everyone! Could someone please describe me how the "Ring of Might quest" should go in NEJ2? I'm having some difficulties with getting into the sewers. The portal in Lavallin's store takes me to the sewers and then - instantly - to some underground location where nothing happens and no life form exists. wink.gif I looked into the apropriate BCS's and it looks like I should encounter a goblin-thief in this underground location, but he's not there. If I new how it should go, I could have some scripting-work-fun on my own to make the game working properly.
Vlad
I looked into the apropriate BCS's... I could have some scripting-work-fun...
Oh, the mighty modder's approach! biggrin.gif

to make the game working properly

It works *properly*, if you *properly* play. wink.gif

There is Richard's walkthrough available for reading. So, you may wish to take a look there. You should explore the area, in fact.

Karimar
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 17 2007, 08:39 PM) *
I looked into the apropriate BCS's... I could have some scripting-work-fun...
Oh, the mighty modder's approach! biggrin.gif

Nay, it's just DIY is my middle name. biggrin.gif I'd never call myself a 'modder'.

QUOTE(Vlad)
to make the game working properly
It works *properly*, if you *properly* play. wink.gif

Unless you have a "mega-mod" and it's a bit kicked. sad.gif I discovered that Pung (that little goblin) shows his sorry a$$ only when I have a warding stone. Yes, the one I get from Bartlemy a few minutes later. Everything goes fine then. Oh, nevermind, since it's not covered by your "assistance package". wink.gif

QUOTE(Vlad)
There is Richard's walkthrough available for reading. So, you may wish to take a look there. You should explore the area, in fact.

Been there, done that. wink.gif The walkthrough is not very precise about this piece of a story.
QUOTE(walkthrough by Richard)
2) You will now find yourself in Lavallin=s store/office. Choosing the right options you should be given the quest to find out who is thieving his store.
3) Next a portal opens and you go thru into the sewers.
4) Find Bartlemy and he will want you to get his ring.

That's all there is.
Thanks anyway.
Vlad
Unless you have a "mega-mod" and it's a bit kicked. I discovered that Pung (that little goblin) shows his sorry a$$ only when I have a warding stone

I doubt it's true. At least, nobody before reported this problem. There is a precise order of actions in the cutscene, so I cannot see how you can break it. It's not even a question of updating variables and creating Pung in that area, it's a question what did you do to break the cutscene? Please enlighten me. And thank you for your report.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.