Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ribald dialgue loop
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Tonpikls
found a bug in the game; and I don't see it mentioned elsewhere
The bug comes when Ribald asks me about Coran before I've ever gone to the forest of tethyr ( I havent even gone to spellhold yet) . Ribald asks me *what* happened to Coran since I was supposed to be on a hunt of him, then the game goes to a dialogue loop OR Ribald refuses to talk to me anymore.
thus, disabling me adventure mart sad.gif
I have BG: ToB+Improved anvil+ tower of deception+ tortured souls installed
Sikret
It could be good to provide a link to your post in IA's forum (and my reply) as well.
Vlad
Ribald's quest works as follows.

1. If Jaheira is in your party and Ribald recognises her when you enter the AM for the first time, then he asks you to search for a bertrayer and thief named Coran in the Forest of Tethyr. This way AR2600 appears on your map in the beginning of the game, and this way you can save and then join Coran already in Chapter 2.

2. Once you accept the quest, Ribald will insist on searching Coran as you call it:

Ribald asks me about Coran before I've ever gone to the forest of tethyr...

Ribald asks me *what* happened to Coran since I was supposed to be on a hunt of him, then the game goes to a dialogue loop OR Ribald refuses to talk to me anymore

It's not a "loop" because you have an option to exit the dialogue. You probably don't understand the meaning of the word "loop". In fact, Ribald won't show you his goods until you bring him Coran. If you try to cheat him, you may forget about his shop forever.

P.S. Sikret, it's not a problem of IA or TS. Tonpikls simply needed some spoiler.
Tonpikls
The problem is that the forest is not shown in my map then because I didn't see any world map update... is there a console command to have the area shown?
Tonpikls
I used the console to teleport to AR2600; recruited Coran and got the items; however the problem comes when traveling back to Athkatla; Rivald acknowledges Coran and then I am given two options with different results:
option 1. "Ribald you are the most generous merchant in all Faerun"= this opens up barter screen and when finished Rivald won't talk to me anymore

option 2. "Pay for my services first then trade items for gold" ....Ribald takes the items that I found in the cave and then nothing gives me the gold. this ends up with Rivald not talking to me anymore too.
Vlad
Once you use CLUAConsole, then I suppose you know how to update variables. In this case, I wish you good luck. Optionally, you may try to return to your saved game before entering the AM, and report here the sequence of dialogues you get as you enter the AM.
trufa
I have a similar problem. I go with Jaheira to Ribald in the Ch.2 (AT THE FIRST TIME), accept the Coran quest, and the game doesn't give the map, and i need it very,very, because the PC (half-Elf druidess) romanced with Coran in BGI. But I didn1t use CLUA

In any later updates will be Coran Romance? or Continuing the BGI romance like Xan?
Vlad
As I said above, I would really like to see the sequenece of the phrases/replies which leads to this problem.

In any later updates will be Coran Romance? or Continuing the BGI romance like Xan?

These are not the mods of mine, and I have connection neither to them nor to authors of these mods.
trufa
A Theoretical Question

If I play with the mod "only" for the very-very cool Sime NPC, and romance, and Coran, an I will not go to main quest, will there be any problem with the Sime Romance?
Vlad
Theoretically, there shouldn't be a problem. Practically, I doubt someone tested this way. You may try and prepare the report. In light of the increased interest to TS, I decided to test it myself in order to eliminate all minor problems left. So, I would appreciate if you could test the proposed way through the mod.
Tonpikls
it went along that i had only 2 options when talking to ribald, it was either see his wares or ask to help him out, i naturally ask to help him find this thief for him, then my quest gets updated but not the map.after, immediately a conversation strikes between the dwarf standing on the shop and ribald regarding something nonsensical

btw, i would like to know what is the requirement for dakkon's blade +4 and +5? what level i mean
edit: and why there is another dakkon's blade in nakinishi's dungeon...? and what is behind that chest of nakanishi's priestess. since the door is locked with magical ward
Vlad
i would like to know what is the requirement for dakkon's blade +4 and +5? what level i mean
Please see the pinned topic.

and why there is another dakkon's blade in nakinishi's dungeon...?

Don't you want a pair of them? laugh.gif

and what is behind that chest of nakanishi's priestess
Nothing.

since the door is locked with magical ward

So you can ask. laugh.gif

Seriously, I'll take a look what's the problem with not updating the map later on.
tatterdemalion
Oh, hey, I just wanted to record that I'm having a problem with this section. It's not a loop, though. It looks like it should be pretty easy to prevent it from happening, I think (I'm looking at the aRIBALD.d file) but I don't know how to code well enough to edit it myself.

What happens is:

I have never had Jaheira in my party, but I am on day 22 or so, and still in Ch. 3 (taking my time.) I enter the store with Mazzy (I notice her name is also listed in the file, so may be relevant to the quest.) Ribald asks me where Coran is. I said "Sorry, Ribald, not yet." He asks again, and I only have the option of answering with various quest resolutions, not with the real answer (which would be "I haven't been to the Forest of Tethyr yet") and when I pick one, he tells me I'm lying and my rep drops.

I think I'm going to deal with it temporarily by figuring out which value of 'CoranRibaldConflict' means it's over and resolved well, and just setting it there before going in.

EDIT: Well, I didn't pick the right value, BUT I found that the resolution "~It was a nasty fight with wolfweres in Tethyr. Safana had betrayed him, and was deadly cursed by lycanthropes, but I do not know what has happened to him. We just part ways after the battle.~" got me through it.

Poking around in the code gives me a huge respect for the work this mod represents, by the by. :-) That's a lot of files! I don't think I could ever have the patience to create a mod like this even if I had the knowhow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.