Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valygar romance problem... again
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Marryth
Topic biggrin.gif . I picked Valygar up, took Merella's journal, did the temple ruins quest. And in the whole time he said something three times: about the journal, when Merella died and apologizing. I am a female ranger and I have a stronghold. I tried everything: resting outdoors, in tavern, in the druid grove... Still nothing. I checked the romance active and it is set to 1. I am in chapter 3, and I have waited long enough (about 2 hours dry.gif ). Help!
Marryth
Well, there's been a bit of time since I last asked for help here. I thought it could be something wrong and I started the game again, with a different character, different team etc. But it seems that it didn't help a bit. I am stuck exactly in the same place, and nothing works. However, the situation is a bit different. Back then, by force talk I always got the "nothing to say to you" thing. Right now I can get the flirt options. I guess my version of TS is 6.11. If I download the more recent version, will it help? One more question: let's say that I want to reinstall the mod. Do I have to start over with the game? Please, answer.

EDIT: Well, I am Polish, so mistakes in what I wrote are very possible. In case something I wrote cannot be understood, don't hesitate to ask what it was to mean...
Hoppy
As far as I know, right now there is a timer issue right around that spot that you are in. It doesn't seem to count down as I think it is still bugged. You can use shadow keeper to edit the game and move the VP_ValygarRomance to 1. It should be a rather large number.
Ymarsakar is another member that is testing that romance part so if he doesn't post here, try to PM him as he might have more concrete informations.
Senka
Marryth, just do his quest. He waits for dialogues about Lavok.
And working version is 7.02
Marryth
Hoppy, I don't know if it is the same, but I have only "ValygarRomance" variable. It is the same for sure, however changing to 1 doesn't work. Well, it won't hurt to try again, just to make sure. And yes, it is a large number - 426655 happy.gif .

Senka, I will try and write later if it worked. What do you mean "working version"? The newest, that is the best version?

EDIT: Well, he spoke. After almost five hours of waiting, he spoke. I don't know what made him do it. I went to the Sphere and talk occured just before the first encounter with Lavok. We shall see how long I will have to wait for the next one.
Senka
The newest, that is the best version?

Yes. With Romance fix
Marryth
I see. However, it looks like everything is all right now. I don't know why. Maybe having the Planar Sphere quest done helped. I hope I didn't bother you very much. In case of problem, expect me to ask again biggrin.gif .
Senka
You are welcome smile.gif
Hoppy
Senka,
Are there any issues later on with LT's and the Valygar romance that you know of as we are having some problems in the 7.02 version? Or maybe there are some specific things to happen for the LT's to begin again. I think it got stuck around the "Do you miss Candlekeep...." one.
Senka
I havn't any problem in 7.02 (as 7.01 as well) exept Valygar ressurection after being vampire. Just wrong dialogue started. Usually I went to Spellhold after "Do you miss Candlekeep...."
Hoppy
Cool, thank you! smile.gif
Ymarsakar
VP_ValygarRomance is the timer. If you SetGlobal("","GLOBAL",0) it to 0, it will trigger.

I wouldn't know what was going on with 6.x version of the Valygar Romance, so cannot give you explicit comments on that score.

Timers can't be set using the console, so setting it to 1 doesn't do anything. Script commands that set timers work, however.

If you reinstall with the latest version, you can restart the romance by deleting ValygarRomanceActive and removing the LOCAL Lovetalk variable from Valygar, then playing from before you defeated shade lord and merella died.

Or if you don't have a save game, set Lovetalk to 1 and ValygarRomanceActive to 1, and set the global timer to 0 and then set it to 0 again (because there is sometimes a double wait time via the romance script), and you will generate the first lovetalk yourself.
Kath27
Not the same difficulty but this looks like a sensible place to ask:

Valygar has been behaving most excellently until he reacted to the first Slayer change. The "I never was one to..." speech. Which he is now repeating every two to three minutes realtime. He even interrupted Adalon to make his point. Again. rolleyes.gif

Everything else in the mod works well - graphics, Yoshimo, new joinable NPCs, items.....

Any suggestions?

Regardless, it's a brilliant mod, great fun and hours of extra play

Kath
critto
Hm... I am playing through TS7.02 now, and I ran into the same problem Kath27 describes.
Valygar gets short-circuited and repeats the same "I never was one to..." speech over and over.
Looked into the script "bgtnodlg/aBVALYGA.D" (even though I posted about BGT problems earlier, I am playing without it currently, with TS installed on vanilla BG2). Apparently, "VP_SlayerBanter" local variable is not being set to 3 properly. Setting it manually solves the problem, as it seems. Though, after I got out from Spellhold and rested in the Brynnlaw tavern (a romantic encounter between the protagonist and Valygar has happened), the "VP_SlayerBanter" was reset to 2 again and the banter started running again smile.gif

On a side note:
After the Spellhold a banter between Kachiko and Imoen has happened also. Or, should I say "monologue", since after Kachiko told Imoen that she glad they escaped, Imoen didn't reply anything and the dialogue just ended. Is it how it's supposed to be or it's yet another bug? If it's the latter, I wonder if it has any connection to Valygar's bug...

My current installation: BG2 + Baldurdash WeiDU 1.66 (fixpack and dialog fix) + TS 7.02 + The Wheels of Prophecy + Rogue Rebalancing 4.11 (all components except the revised potions) + BG2 Tweaks (only several components) + Zyraen's Miscellany (improved statue of riddles, expanded ranger spell progression) + 1PP mods.
Despite all these minor problems, TS is a really wonderful BG2 adventure, and this time I am determined to finish it no matter what smile.gif (played it once several years back, but the installation got buggy and after I failed to keep Yoshimo in party in Spellhold, I dropped the game...)
Vlad
Hi critto,

Thanks for reporting these problems. Yes, could you fix them by yourself, please? I'll release the patch later on.

Good luck!
critto
I'll do what I can smile.gif
Unfortunately, my desktop died, and with it my current BG2 installation. It would've been problematic to fix them on that installation anyway, since I've had several mods installed on top of TS.
I think I'll install the TS again on my laptop and do another run to see if these problems may be reproduced and fixed.
critto
2 Vlad:

Okay, then... I found and fixed the problem. Apparently, "Valygar.baf" script lacked one condition that caused the game to loop the Slayer Talk. I fixed it in both versions of the Valygar script.
I have yet to solve the problem that causes Imoen TS banter replies to disappear. As I wrote earlier, when some NPC tries to talks to Imoen, the game can't locate her answers, and the dialogs just break in the middle on conversation. I've had this problem on previous, heavily modded, installation and I have it now, on a clean installation.
When I finish the run and check everything else, I'll send to you a comprehensive report and files I've fixed, since I have also solved some minor issues in the installation scripts. Then you'll decide what changes should be applied to the public package smile.gif
Vlad
Thank you!
Hoppy
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 15 2009, 05:42 AM) *
2 Vlad:

I have yet to solve the problem that causes Imoen TS banter replies to disappear. As I wrote earlier, when some NPC tries to talks to Imoen, the game can't locate her answers, and the dialogs just break in the middle on conversation. I've had this problem on previous, heavily modded, installation and I have it now, on a clean installation.
When I finish the run and check everything else, I'll send to you a comprehensive report and files I've fixed, since I have also solved some minor issues in the installation scripts. Then you'll decide what changes should be applied to the public package smile.gif

Did you check here? Apply the fix with Near Infinity and it should work.

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...ost&p=36334

Vlad takes care of that file with NeJ2 but not with TS alone. You may want to add a code block to patch the file only if NeJ is not installed. That will solve the problem.
Sikret
QUOTE(Hoppy @ Jul 23 2009, 09:36 AM) *
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 15 2009, 05:42 AM) *
2 Vlad:

Vlad takes care of that file with NeJ2 but not with TS alone. You may want to add a code block to patch the file only if NeJ is not installed. That will solve the problem.

Just wanted to mention that this TS-glitch is already fixed in TSIACPatch for those who will be playing TS+ IAv6 + TSIACPatch.

Even though the TSIACPatch project was initially started with the humble goal of making TS and IA fully compatible with each other, its scope gradually extended to also fixing some bugs in TS and BD-WeiDu to ensure a stable game experience for those who will be playing these mods together (those fixed glitches were not "compatibility" issues with IA, but I fixed them in the patch anyway. Once Vlad manages to fix them directly in TS and BD-WeiDu, I will omit them from the TSIACPatch).
critto

Yeah, I've examined the topic, thanks. It has confirmed my own research of the problem.
Also, I browsed through the NeJ scripts and tp2-file and didn't found any trace of a code that fixes the problem. Anyway, it's better to implement the fix in Baldurdash-WeiDU, seeing as the problem is common for both TS and NeJ.
Vlad
Sikret, do you have a list of the fixes? I would be gratefull if you could provide me with such list.
Sikret
I did report them to you a few months ago, but received no reply. I'll try to send them again when I find the time.
critto
@ Vlad:

Encountered a bug in TS area TS0102. After party exits the dungeon and meets Kachiko's mother and Yoshimo's father, one could save the game, reload and they will just appear again, giving the wardstone and the map again. And, apparently, this bug also spawns more Simes and Saemon Havarians after every reload.
Vlad
Thank you. However, you are not supposed to be able to save in that area. I'll make the appropriate amendments to the area file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.