Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggested quests
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Pages: 1, 2
Baronius
I know that there are going to be new areas already, had a look at the screenshots already.

However, those areas (mainly Underdark places) will not appear on the game's main worldmap, for compatibility reasons BG1QP doesn't change the .wmp file at all.
But there are ways to add new areas to the game without risking incompatibilty, so there is no problem. smile.gif
jastey
cujo: Sorry, I exaggerated a bit. Of course nobody expects one new area per every quest (I mean.. does someone? blink.gif) and for the screenshot thread I just wanted to make some more advertisement... tongue.gif

It's a shame that AD&D rules don't allow the characters to amend stats.  Growing up in Candlekeep will leave the character kinda isolated so I feel he or she will learn a lot of new things when wandering in the big world.
I know what you mean - there is a (German?) PnP rule set ("Das schwarze Auge" - "The Black Eye") where you increase your stats for every level up, too. I think it makes a lot of sense. But BG & BGII is (well, at least mainly dry.gif - they showed a lot of creativity beside that ) AD&D so levelling up there increases the abilities only. (Sorry for repeating, I guess you know that.)

I meant that all the quests in BG without mods are all "good" quests and roleplaying an evil party is a bit more difficult.  I'm very glad to see that there are some "evil" options available in the Quest Pack.
Ah, OK, I thought you were referring to the outlined BGQP quests. We will try our best to include evil quests, or at least evil solutions to the new quests as one possibility beside the "good" ones. There will be also "good" quests that won't happen to evil PCs, though. (Mainly because the help seeking people won't talk to you.) smile.gif
jastey
*makes a note to herself* this idea could be somehow integrated into BG1, too. smile.gif
kix
Concerning changing stats -
What you are suggesting makes a lot of sense, but unfortunately this is not how AD&D works. You get experience points, but they only increase your fighting/magic/thief abilities, not your stats (something like "you are what you were born with" ). The magic books that do that do it magically.-jastey

If I remember correctly from AD&D, there were several ways to increase stats.
1) Ioun Stones [also increased Prot, st, Level]
2) Items that upped stats while worn
3) Ring of 3 Wishes
4) Deck of Many Things

As well as tomes -
And spells that increased stats temporarily

Ioun Stones could be stackable in the "Helm" area and a Ring of 3 Wishes could offer a choice when activated. Something like:
1] Raise a character from the dead
2] Heal entire party
3] Increase an Ability Score
4] Teleport party to a safer place [ie Beregost] during a grueling combat
or such

Although a Deck of Many Things might cause a modder a severe headache unless there is someway to initiate randomization within a mod. [Donjon -- ouch!!]
And if there is, could it not also randomize the action requirements or results with the mod?

But the primary reason for my posting was an idea for the BG1QP:

How about a meeting with a creature/NPC that requires obtaining 3 or 4 different items. Example: A poison potion from the herbalist, Bowl of Commanding Water Elementals and a black opal. All items having to be surrendered at the same time.
Perhaps to conjure an Elemental, which then attacks; or causing the initiator to transform into a Wraith or such that attacks the party.
Some suggestions are:
Sylph along the coast, Sprite with the Cloudpeak Mts, Firenewt in the Naskel Mines [mayhaps where the lava flows and there is no bridge] or a Korred within a forest

Just a thought. mellow.gif

Kix
Eden
About the statment that the quest added by the BG1 Quest Pack wont show up on the general map cause of the .wmp, have the team heard about Yacomo Wolrd Map ? Its an usefull mod who give a map including both the Sword Coast and Amn, its the way found and used for compatibility between the larger mods (SoS,TS,BP,BGT,NEJ,DS,NToSC,SoBH,TGC) who add new area.

Since the map let show all the area added by the mod previously installed it isnt any worry ?
Nocturne
Hello Black Wyrm ! I'm a french BG1 fan (first post), I've seen some of this project's screenshots , looks very nice. Could you "remix" all the areas of the game like this ?( it would be great happy.gif )
And replace the spells FX ?
Lemernis
Many of BG1's existing sidequests (especially in BG city) could be integrated into a crafting process via Baronius' script featured in Herbs & Potions. See this thread: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...amp;#entry18265 . I should emphasize that the linked thread outlines an extremely ambitious project. However, keep in mind that the central idea could be kept as simple and limited as anyone wishes. Even crafting just one new custom item by using several sidequests would be interesting to see introduced into the game. If it's relatively easy to modify those existing sidequests, and the feature proves popular, many new items could be added over time in future iterations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.