Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valygar seems to have gotten cold feet
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Erenya
I'm running Tortured souls and my romance with Valygar seems to have stalled.

the last thing i remember him saying was apologising for snapping at me in the underdark and then nothing....

I've checked the status and it's still at 1, but I've just killed bodhi and the kidnapping did not occur....

can anyone help?

eren

p.s. on another note, i can talk to him and get the little speech where you whisper his name and you get different options when he says your name back. I don't know if thats any use. Also, in shadow keeper, the "valygarRomance" setting is at 2129754
Senka
It seems to me you missed some LT especially one when Val presented you his mother necklace. Romance will go to 2.
Erenya
sounds about right, I think that the next talk I was due should have been the one where he gives me the necklace.

does anyone know how to force this love talk?
trufa
specific that no, but the next will come by

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ValygarRomance","Global",1)
Erenya
mmmm....

ok, should the effect be instantaneous? because i've tried and i'm still waiting.

I've rested and i've tried going to an outdoor area just incase. He's still being a little bit more silent than I am comfortable with in a man....

Erenya
sudden thought, is there a chapter requirement for that bit of dialogue where he gives me the necklace? I am in chapter 6.
Senka
I am in chapter 6.

It's right. I don't know why this LT don't started. What versiof of TS you play?
Vlad is in vocation now then he cannot help
Erenya
I think i figured out what happened, I got to spellhold too soon after picking up valygar, so he wasn't in the right place to start the underdark Lovetalks. I loaded and old save game and wandered around for a couple of weeks more before setting sale and everything was fine.

he's set to 2, everything seems fine and I've just got him back after he was a vampire (playing through without loading a game also works for me too, otherwise i get the starting speech). Jowever, now he's shut up again!

very frustrating, I think I should get some little speech about how he's happy i saved him, but I get nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

I will ne honest, I'm a total Mod Noob, and i'm not sure what version of this or that i have, only that I downloaded all the most up to date versions I could find online when i loaded everything up about 3 months ago.

Vlad
Erenya, after reading your comment that "the tortured souls romance a little naff to be honest" (see the link)

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...=4464&st=30

I wonder why do you continue playing it? Just discard the whole mod and wait for Corthala Romantique being released as people at the correpsonding forums advised to you.

However, if you do wish to play TS, please report your problems as they should be reported: version of the mod installed, installation order, WeiDU.log if you play WeiDU version.

Furthermore, before you spent several weeks on finding what is wrong with your Valygar Romance and then discovering that you "wandered around for a couple of weeks more before setting sale" and this makes everyone happy including yourself, you would probably wish to read FAQ (by the way, written by Domi):

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/faq.html

where it is clearly stated that "the talk after which you can safely go to Underdark starts with Valygar saying *Do you miss Candlekeep*".

With respect to your last reported problem, please be more specific. I cannot guess what happens in your game. I need to know LT's variables before making any judgement. If "everything seems fine and I've just got him back after he was a vampire" is true then he should say something after ressurection (if I'm not mistaken).

Then in SoA, there are one or two more LTs. Last SoA talk for Valygar starts with "You know, everything shines about you...". Once again, there is some interval of 30-40 minutes of real game time before next LT is triggered. Also, some LTs are triggered by resting or being outdoors.

Good Luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.