Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BGT-NeJ2 v1.0b
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Vlad
New mini-mod is actually an extraction of 9 (optional) components from NeJ2 listed below:

1. Charming Rogue kit for Imoen (BGT, BG2).
2. Imoen's new portrait (BGT, BG2).
3. Priest of Sylvanus kit for Jaheira (BGT, BG2).
4. Jaheira's new portrait (BGT, BG2).
5. Boo - Familiar of Minsc (only in BG2).
6. Two new items in BG1: Fighting Gauntlets and Answerer +2 (BGT).
7. Merchant League bank (including several new container items - bags and vouchers) (BGT).
8. More items from BG1 to BG2 (BGT) - relates only to items introduced by this mod.
9. Tougher Black Talon Elites (BGT).

It is fully compatible with the latest version of BGT v1.04 (proved by testing). You'll need either Baldurdash-WeiDU or B2FixPack installed. This mod should be installed after installation of BGT.

Enjoy it.
melkor_morgoth75
Just a quick question coming up to my mind now that i'm installing the mod ... do we still need to add tele0700.bcs and cut01xxx.bcs files in override from "old package"?

Thanks,

mm75
Vlad
This is the final installation package. Just install it as it is.
Lemernis
I'm not finding a readme or FAQ for BGT-NeJ, and don't want to be spoiled by a walkthrough. I have a few questions.

From what I understand NeJ transplants IWD's content into BGT. Is that correct?

Is the entire IWD game inserted into BGT? Or just portions of it?

When does IWD content become available within the BG saga? I see references to BG1 NPCs in IWD. So is it toward the end of BG1?

Is BGT-NeJ compatable with SCS or SCSII? I always use both SCS or SCSII, and in a BGT game I'm curious which would apply to BGT-NeJ, i.e., SCS or SCSII.

Does the addition of IWD affect play balance for the BG series? I've never played IWD, but if it's on par with BG it would confer 7-10 levels. So that's not a huge difference, really, but possibly enough to make the early parts of BG2 easier than they would be in a vanilla game. (Btw, I intend to use SCSII's core AI components and assuming that all encounters involving spellcasters are scaled to level by SCSII's AI that should be fine.)

Chev
This (BGT-NeJ2 v1.0b) is not NEJ2 but adds some of NeJ2 to BGT!

With NeJ2 you will have a chance to use the portal in Irenacus' dungeon just North of where you are let out of the cage to travel to IWD. You will get to play though much of IWD 1 before traveling back Amn. Vlad and larrienne have added new NPCs and story that make it much better! Only approved mods (listed below) are supported and are known as bug free. Installing with other mods will cause some bugs and some maybe game stopping and are not supported here.

Does the addition of IWD affect play balance for the BG series?
Yes, and you will be much richer!

Approved Mods:
1.SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

2. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + BGT v1.01 + TS v7.02 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + BGT Songs

3. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.66 + TS v7.02 + NeJ2 v6.9.1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.