Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question on compatibility with weidu version Vlad
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Amemnon
First off, my greetings and my undying thanks Vlad for your contribution to the BG2 omniverse with the creativity of TS.

I'll address my concerns, and I do apologize if this is not the choice forum, however I must reveal that I am new to forum interaction and havent played BG2 in a very long while, only recently my love for BG again renewing. When I did play, TS was the first mod I included... ah the thrill of novelty.

Now, I know you Vlad do not support certain mods, still I find myself needing to address this concern to none other than the creator of TS.

I dearly want TS in my new mega installation, though first I must ask you if the TS Weidu version is compatible with Shadows over Souber also weidu version (never tried it and I want to experience it in weidu version) and if there are certain mods I should avoid.

By the way have you heard of an npc mod called Worgas?

I should mention that I have installed my mega-install and I played through to chapter 3, with no problem whatsoever, unfortunately my girlfriend spends to much time on my laptop and sowed a rather annoying virus. But I do intend to install my mega version on my new pc.

Again my thanks Vlad, and I hope you find the time and patience to help me out.

Oh and another inquiry, I have read that TS needs baldurash weidu in order to work genuinely. BG2Fixpack states that it was compiled upon the fixes of baldurash or baldurash itself. In light of this, is BG2Fixpack a valid substitute for TS's need of baldurash?
Chev
What you are looking for is TS-BPv6.09 and is supported here.
Amemnon
Thank you for the reply Chev...
Yet your assistance promts me to ask yet another question. In order to install TS-BP do I require any other BP program?

And which version is more advanced TS-BP or TSWeidu 6.11?
Chev
No you do not need BP or any other mods. Do you want a Mega mod comp. version or the stand alone (or just with NeJ2) version? I don't think they are too differnt in content.
Vlad
Amemnon, you are welcome! And thanks for the kind words.

And which version is more advanced TS-BP or TSWeidu 6.11?

As Chev said, your choice is solely based on the combination of mods you wish to install. In spite of the fact that TS v6.11 has some minor issues addressed from the previous version, you cannot install it with SoS or other big mods of your choice. TS v6.11 can be played only as a stand-alone mod or in a combination with NeJ2. And yes, it requires Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4. I support neither mega install nor TS-BP, hence I can be of little help with your mega install.

Good luck!
Amemnon
Thank you both Vlad and Chev for your input, as it is much appreciated.

Only one question remains if you'll please...

About the Baldurash Weidu and BG2Fixpack. Do they both serve for TS installation necessity.

Thanks again.
Amemnon
In answer to Chev, this time I wanted to install SOS on my install, although I hear its buggy as hell, but I'm a sucker for new battles, npc's and other egregarious content.

I'll write here my last install setup. (No game stopping or crashing problems surfaced when I used to play)

BG2
Throne of Bhaal
BG2 TOB official Patch
TS
Ascension
Turnabout
The Longer Road
Dark Ritual
Desecration of Souls
Tower of Deception
Weimer Tactics (selected components)
Weimer Ease of Use (selected components)
Improved Battles
Improved Asylum
Apack
Quest Pack
Unfinished Buisness
Banter Pack
Crossmod Banter Pack
NPC Kitpack
Solaufein
Valen
Kelsey
Keto
Chloe
Saerileth
Yasraena
Fade
Amber
Sheena
Kitanya
Auren
Alassa
Hessa
Tashia
Silverstar
Xan
Tsujatha
Nehtaniel
Nathaniel
Kido
Kindrek
Kivan and Deheriana
Willie Bruce
Tiax
Alora
Beyond the Law
Edwin Romance

end

To this installation I want to add SOS and Worgas.

Note I also use DLTCP to edit certain creatures(make em stronger) and items (make em weaker).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.