Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Developer Journal
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
KSR
Hi Valiant,

First let me say that the mod is v good. Its good to see someone taking some of the old pnp modules and injecting them into BG. Look forward to the next one :-)

I had one thought though, did you keep a developers journal of how you did this mod? Only reason im thinking is if you were able to show others what steps you took and how you went about implementing the mod it might be useful for others looking to get into modding - if you kept a few notes yourself (a developers journal?) then it might be easier to accomplish this.

I know theres lots of tutorials about already, dealing with lots of different topics, but i just thought id ask and see what you thought.

Thanks

KSR
kulyok
That's actually a great idea - it could be an enjoyable read(and helpful, of course).
Valiant
@KSR: Sorry, but I didn´t make such thing. I decided to make a mod one day, so I made it. It took me about one year. The area art took about half-year (yeah, that´s how slow work it is). And the rest includes work from other people from this forum and a few others from the Sigil´s forum. Moreover, few more people were involved from other froums as well (like Kulyok, Luiz...).

During mod creation I have to learn true basics of scripting (only basics), dialog writing (I didn´t know wtf the .d file or .baf file is...smile.gif), area creating and so on. Still don´t know it as I wish...

But if you really wants it, I will make such thing for you. But I´m extremly busy man these days, so I don´t know if I will finish it someday.
Valiant
Here´s the very first page of Developer Journal. But I warn you, there are many grammatical faults, so please, excuse it. English is not my native language.
More pages will follow, in case you´ll like this one.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.