Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mac version?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
sturmvogel
How about a .rar version for us Mac-types?
The Bigg
You can extract the archive with Unrar; however, tumac isn't able to convert the .bat files to Mac (since it uses biffing, which tumac doesn't handle). Manual translation shouldn't be too difficult, if you can do that.

EDIT: I'd like to grab the occasion to point out that, since you're using a version of WeiDU that has the MAKE_BIFF command, you should use that to biff the movie, rather than using AT_* *.bat. In the tp2, simply use
CODE
MAKE_BIFF ~va#movie~ BEGIN ~TOD/Mve~ ~^.*\.mve$~ END

rather than the two AT_* calls. It'll handle backups and everything automagically.

If you want to use .bat files for biffing the movie, they should be both AT_NOW and AT_UNINSTALL (otherwise, the biffing is called multiple times when reinstalling non-interactively, possibly causing bugs). Also, in the uninstalling .bat it's better to restore the backup you created while installing (copy TOD\Backup\chitin.key .), rather than using --remove-biff.
Valiant
I´ll try it during the tests of v3. But it´s far away from its release at the moment. Thank you anyway, Bigg..smile.gif
ericp
Hello,

Sorry if I'm necroposting, but I've installed ToD under OS X 10.4.11 using weidu-mac (version 213), and the mod appears to behave as it should in my current test game. I didn't modify anything, just extracted the downloaded archive, placed the contents in my BGII - SoA folder, (may have updated it to 213, I don't recall), and installed it along with the many, many other mods I installed.

My only issue now is that I can get to the area of the Astral Shard, but nothing I do will harm it (party's weapons and spells have no effect on it). I'm looking for clues as to how to defeat it wink.gif

Just wanted to share a Mac success story, and give other Mac users hope!

Thanks and best wishes,
Eric
Razfallow
QUOTE(ericp @ Feb 21 2010, 01:54 AM) *
My only issue now is that I can get to the area of the Astral Shard, but nothing I do will harm it (party's weapons and spells have no effect on it). I'm looking for clues as to how to defeat it wink.gif

Use fire spell with area effect on it.
kimbull
Works with MAC, I tried it a while ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.