Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help, I cant install the mod.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
bruz

[NeJ/baf/LIZKING.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 228 column 48-48
Near Text: )
unknown object CLASS specifier [LONG_BOW]

[NeJ/baf/LIZKING.baf] ERROR at line 228 column 48-48
Near Text: )
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [NeJ/baf/LIZKING.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [NeJ/baf/LIZKING.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [NeJ/baf/LIZKING.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91], rolling back to previous state
[NeJ2/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] loaded, 50 bytes
[NeJ2/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0] loaded, 44835 bytes
Will uninstall 2128 files for [SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2] component 0.

This is the error message i get while trying to install the main part of NeJ2V6.91.
I tried downloading the NeJ from the link posted here on these forums by Vlad and the link on IEGMC.

Help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Vlad
This is a classical problem of wrong installation. If you want to install NeJ2, you should strictly follow the installation instructions assuming that your download is not corrupted and your game version is English.

SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26498 + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 patch v6.9.2.

Optionally you may install BGT v1.01 and/or TS v6.11 - for more information on this installation, please see the sticked topics in this forum. It's needless to say that the installation should be a new, and you should start a new game.

Good luck!
bruz
It worked with the normal installing order, thanks for the help.
I tried installing Improved Anvil first after reading the post you made, i guess that was the problem, I thought it was a problem with the exe. file itself.

The installing order I used was SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26498 + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4 + Improved Anvil + NeJ2 v6.9.1

My question is: How do I install Improved anvil with NeJ?

Vlad
It seems the new version of IA patches the already patched in Baldurdash CLASS.IDS. But I am not sure. Let's wait for Sikret's response. Anyway, in this case, the compatibility of NeJ2 with the new version of IA should be tested.
Sikret
I have not touched CLASS.IDS (or any other IDS files), Vlad!

I don't think that the installation problem bruz had faced had anything to do with IA. At least, it doesn't seem so from the error message he reported in his first post. I guess he has installed something which invalidates LONG_BOW as a class id. It's not bad if he sends his weidu.log file.
bruz
Sorry to say I deleted the log file along with everything else when I uninstalled/installed SoA.
I tried installing NeJ after IA several times and got the same error message, I ended up not installing IA at all and im playing NeJ atm with no other mods except bdash of course.
Ill post the installation order I used once again...
SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26498 + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4 + Improved Anvil + NeJ2 v6.9.1

I will try again later today and see if I get the same error, if the CLASS.IDS are untouched by IA as Sikret says I dont see how I can get this error at all.
The only thing I can think of is that I must have made some mistake when I installed the game, perhaps some old files remained.
Sikret
Did you try installing them together once again after making a clean installation of the game?
bruz
I reinstalled the game and now it works just fine, thanks for the help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.