Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cutscenes
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Awake
Ok, there was a thread somewhere, and i felt like it was here, but i can't find it. someone was saying how conditions are ineffective for cutscenes. couldn't you put something like this in to make it work:

IF
Global("Blah","AR1200",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ChangeAIScript("Blah1",0)

and then blah1 would be the cutscene.
SConrad
I don't follow this argument. Is this an extract from the cutscene or another script?
Baronius
Awake, cutscenes must follow a determined scheme. The thread you searched for is in Tutorials, Essays forum.
Awake
i realize cutscenes must be coded in a certain way, but why wouldn't this work so a cutscene would start under a certain condition

IF
Global("BLAH","AR1200",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ChangeAIScript("BLAH1",1)
blah1 would be a different script.

i went to that other forum, but couldn't find it the first time. odd... even has the same name....

I've never coded a cutscene before, but i'm going to need to, so i was wondering if this would work. blah1 would be something like this

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
BeginCutSceneMode()
BeginCutSceneID("blah1")

or something like that.

excuse me if i'm sounding stupid, but truly i don't understand cutscenes yet, but i feel like this should work.
Baronius
Let's divide the problem to two parts. Why? Because we're talking about two scripts.

The first script triggers the cutscene (this is a dialog usually, but can be any script), while the second is a separate script file that is the cutscene's script itself, and nothing else is in it.

You need to add this to the first (primary) script in order to run the cutscene script:
CODE
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("BLAH1")

Your BLAH1 is basically good, it has a major mistake though: if you want to start a cutscene, the commands that run the script can't be in the
cutscene's script file itself. (Additionally, you used BeginCutScene... instead of StartCutScene... -- the latter is the correct one)

In semantical respect, I don't see why you want to change an area's script (via ChangeAIScript) to a cutscene script... it will end in an infinite loop of cutscenes.

I see your problem now. The solution/explanation: the cutscene SCRIPT must be a separate file. The WHOLE file is processed when the cutscene is run. The cutscene must be run by the proper commands in a dialog (or any other script)

So if you want a cutscene to happen in an area, when certain conditions are true, you have to add a block to AREA script with the proper conditions. And THIS block, when true, will run the cutscene's script!
Awake
ahh. alright, thanks baronius.
Vlasák
BTW it is possible to run cutscene where the conditions are counted by StartCutSceneLite(TRUE) what has the same visual effects like normal cutscene but it allows processing of scripts...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.