Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where ia Garron?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Senka
I took the letter from Brial' room but cannot find Garron. Where is he?
Golden Thief
You want spoilers, eh?

Ok - Deleted messed that up

If Garron is not appearing in the elemental student building then you did not do things in the right order and I hope you have a save before you took Brial's letter or else Garron will not show up..

Edit
Just ran thru the sequence out of order and found that is not true, he will not show up if you have not gotten all the clues, so it appears you have not gotten the note and key from the chest in the mislead test quarters. So go get them and he will appear where he is suppose to.
Senka
so it appears you have not gotten the note and key from the chest in the mislead test quarters.

I have
elemental student building

What is this? Where he suppose to be?
Golden Thief
Remember where you talked to Lhillia, the group of three students. It is the next building over from the one they are standing in front of. He should appear when you step in.
Senka
Oh! Thanks...
wellunhappy
Okay had a little peek at the walkthrough realised I did all wrong but everything seems to have happened that’s supposed to, did have to change the necro quest in SK cos no NI from 1 to 2.

Anyway, the only problem I have now is I have the letter, the key but there was no note in the container. So guess who’s not put in an appearance. huh.gif

So two options take the loot and leave wizard town or finish quest.

Anybody know which note I’m missing or maybe I can CLUA his butt in. thumb.gif
wellunhappy
I still need help. bigcry.gif

How do you get garron to show?? I'm missing the note unsure.gif

I’m so very close to abandoning this part of NEJ as a bad idea and heading on to spellhold sad.gif
Golden Thief
Oh don't leave unless you have to, if you do save a game at this point and come back to it. I'm in the middle of a project and can not interrupt my computer that has NEJ files on it. So I'm delayed in get you the note. But since you altered the Necro quest it might not have updated a global for it to appear.
Also I just saw Vlad post and thought he might give you a reply. He's looks to be still on he might be checking it out. If not I'll still look for the solution.
Golden Thief
wellunhappy found the item and globals once you get the letter. You could first clua the letter which should but may not set the globals and if they don't set these globals use SK to set them and see what happens. Then head to finish the quest.

hope this helps ph34r.gif
----------------

Letter is "TULETTE4.ITM"

Globals for when you get it should be

SetGlobal("VP_Letter_Is_Found","MYAREA",1)
IncrementGlobal("VP_Create_Garron","GLOBAL",1)
wellunhappy
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ May 8 2008, 06:04 PM) *
wellunhappy found the item and globals once you get the letter. You could first clua the letter which should but may not set the globals and if they don't set these globals use SK to set them and see what happens. Then head to finish the quest.

hope this helps ph34r.gif
----------------

Letter is "TULETTE4.ITM"

Globals for when you get it should be

SetGlobal("VP_Letter_Is_Found","MYAREA",1)
IncrementGlobal("VP_Create_Garron","GLOBAL",1)

First off. THANKS

Okay i'm fine with IncrementGlobal("VP_Create_Garron","GLOBAL",1) Done

but wub.gif SetGlobal("VP_Letter_Is_Found","MYAREA",1) is not something you can mess bout with SK, how do set MYAREA?

simply adding VP_Letter_Is_Found GLOBAL 1 does nothin

am I being really stupid you can tell me it's okay. biggrin.gif

Hoppy
Enter that other Global via console.
wellunhappy
QUOTE(Hoppy @ May 9 2008, 05:32 PM) *
Enter that other Global via console.

yeh thxs 4 tht, I realised that after I pressed ‘add reply’

Anyone makes a typical comment and there’ll be trouble tongue.gif
Golden Thief
So I can take that as we got you back on track and your made it out of Halruaa and we can do the victory dance. tongue.gif
wellunhappy
We're really dancing now biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.