Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The funniest bugs
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Baronius
Bridge District, SoA...
If you still decide to demand the ransom for the woman, from the noble guy (I *know* his name, but can't recall, he has those pantaloons) but then free the woman anyway or something like this (so change your decision somehow so it has an abnormal result on the quest, I don't remember exactly how I did it), then he keeps appearing and disappearing (apparently his script causes this) at the entrance of Copper Coronet each night (you can not speak to him), his clothes are always DIFFERENT color laugh.gif

It's also funny, and VERY annoying that if you want to keep Drizzt's items if he dies, you have to hide them. Marcor Harpell, the wizard who resurrects Drizzts and his companions will arrive when you leave the crypts and will take all items of Drizzt from you! If you put them to the ground quickly, he notices it, later he appears again and if you do the ground trick again, he will cast Imprisonment on the party third time. BUT: you can escape this as well (and I suppose that the developers didn't care or forgot to care of this) by suing the proper shields against imprisonment etc.
So the items will remain yours... now comes the best part: from this, Marcor Harpell will appear in EVERY area you visit, but won't speak. Although he will always turn into the direction of your protagonist, and the protagonist too quickly turns back, into Marcor's direction! So movement is very very difficult with the party because it is very slow (always stops when the protagonist and Marcor 'watch' each other)
In this case, I suppose the bug is the following: the items are still at you, so the script that summons Marcor will trigger and Marcor tries to speak but you should be dead this time due to imprisonment, Marcor has no valid dialog... so he just TRIES to initiate a dialog.

What are the most interesting and/or funniest bug(s) that you have encountered?
jastey
I have to admit I didn't encounter / notice a bug while playing...
Question: Is the fixing of the bugs you mentioned covered by some patch-mod?

(And tss tss who is taking items from good old Drizzt! tongue.gif )
Baronius
I actually had played the game several times before, when the Drizzt thing happened. I did it just out of curiosity, if I remember correctly I did not even save it but reload earlier save and continued normally.
I am a big enemy of killing Drizzt in BG1 either (when playing as good), by the way. smile.gif
jastey
QUOTE(Baronius @ Oct 11 2004, 01:19 PM)
I am a big enemy of killing Drizzt in BG1

Me, too!

...I only stealed his weapons from him... rolleyes.gif

-Are the bugs you described fixed by a patch (mod)? (Sorry, I repeat the question as I am missing an answer smile.gif )
Baronius
I should have answered, sorry.
I always play with the final patch(es) and with no mods (unless when testing one, I plan to play some good ones though). So I think that the patch does not fix these bugs. They are not serious bugs, most players even don't encounter them, so I think that their correction has never been considered as essential.
jastey
Still I would say it's a good idea to let someone know. Unfortunately i forgot the bug-fix mod's name (is it Baldurdash?), but if these bugs (or others, that hopefully will be posted here ones the thread goes back on topic grinteeth.gif rolleyes.gif ) aren't covered there yet it would be a good hint to tell the authors, as they might want to include the fixes, I would say. smile.gif
Awake
it's not exaclty a bug, but i think it's ironic that irenicus leaves you in a weak cage, when you are a bhaalspawn. one that even imoen can come over and open with a simple OpenDoor("cell01), yeah..... but Minsc gets some strong old cage. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Moongaze
The imfamous "Brotherhood of Brus" bug. (Where the little boy in yellow/orange clothing spawns tens of times after Valen leaves) Spawning stops when he talks to the PC, though, and they all leave normally. It just ALWAYS happens. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.