> The funniest bugs
Baronius
post Sep 30 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Bridge District, SoA...
If you still decide to demand the ransom for the woman, from the noble guy (I *know* his name, but can't recall, he has those pantaloons) but then free the woman anyway or something like this (so change your decision somehow so it has an abnormal result on the quest, I don't remember exactly how I did it), then he keeps appearing and disappearing (apparently his script causes this) at the entrance of Copper Coronet each night (you can not speak to him), his clothes are always DIFFERENT color laugh.gif

It's also funny, and VERY annoying that if you want to keep Drizzt's items if he dies, you have to hide them. Marcor Harpell, the wizard who resurrects Drizzts and his companions will arrive when you leave the crypts and will take all items of Drizzt from you! If you put them to the ground quickly, he notices it, later he appears again and if you do the ground trick again, he will cast Imprisonment on the party third time. BUT: you can escape this as well (and I suppose that the developers didn't care or forgot to care of this) by suing the proper shields against imprisonment etc.
So the items will remain yours... now comes the best part: from this, Marcor Harpell will appear in EVERY area you visit, but won't speak. Although he will always turn into the direction of your protagonist, and the protagonist too quickly turns back, into Marcor's direction! So movement is very very difficult with the party because it is very slow (always stops when the protagonist and Marcor 'watch' each other)
In this case, I suppose the bug is the following: the items are still at you, so the script that summons Marcor will trigger and Marcor tries to speak but you should be dead this time due to imprisonment, Marcor has no valid dialog... so he just TRIES to initiate a dialog.

What are the most interesting and/or funniest bug(s) that you have encountered?

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
jastey
post Oct 10 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

I have to admit I didn't encounter / notice a bug while playing...
Question: Is the fixing of the bugs you mentioned covered by some patch-mod?

(And tss tss who is taking items from good old Drizzt! tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by jastey: Oct 10 2004, 09:55 PM

Quote Post
Baronius
post Oct 11 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

I actually had played the game several times before, when the Drizzt thing happened. I did it just out of curiosity, if I remember correctly I did not even save it but reload earlier save and continued normally.
I am a big enemy of killing Drizzt in BG1 either (when playing as good), by the way. smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
jastey
post Oct 11 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

QUOTE(Baronius @ Oct 11 2004, 01:19 PM)
I am a big enemy of killing Drizzt in BG1

Me, too!

...I only stealed his weapons from him... rolleyes.gif

-Are the bugs you described fixed by a patch (mod)? (Sorry, I repeat the question as I am missing an answer smile.gif )

Quote Post
Baronius
post Oct 11 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #5

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

I should have answered, sorry.
I always play with the final patch(es) and with no mods (unless when testing one, I plan to play some good ones though). So I think that the patch does not fix these bugs. They are not serious bugs, most players even don't encounter them, so I think that their correction has never been considered as essential.

--------------------

Quote Post
jastey
post Oct 11 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Forum Member

Still I would say it's a good idea to let someone know. Unfortunately i forgot the bug-fix mod's name (is it Baldurdash?), but if these bugs (or others, that hopefully will be posted here ones the thread goes back on topic grinteeth.gif rolleyes.gif ) aren't covered there yet it would be a good hint to tell the authors, as they might want to include the fixes, I would say. smile.gif

This post has been edited by jastey: Oct 11 2004, 12:47 PM

Quote Post
Awake
post Oct 12 2004, 02:22 AM
Post #7

The Raven
Group Icon

Mod Developer

it's not exaclty a bug, but i think it's ironic that irenicus leaves you in a weak cage, when you are a bhaalspawn. one that even imoen can come over and open with a simple OpenDoor("cell01), yeah..... but Minsc gets some strong old cage. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

--------------------
And can we finally say that the bhaal spawn idea has had the final nail hammered in its coffin?

Member of the World Transition Project

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives

Quote Post
Moongaze
post Apr 13 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

The imfamous "Brotherhood of Brus" bug. (Where the little boy in yellow/orange clothing spawns tens of times after Valen leaves) Spawning stops when he talks to the PC, though, and they all leave normally. It just ALWAYS happens. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Transition into darkness-

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:22 PM