Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Leina
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Ardanis
After 3 months I'm finally about to play BG2 once again. Want to try NEJ+TS+smth small (not sure yet what exactly).

What I want to ask is about Leina's personality. You see, I'm unsure what party to have - I don't want to get smth strange and unnatural like having Aerie/Keldorn/Mazzy alongside with Bioware's evil trio.

What kind of party Leina would fit in the best way? I know she's chaotic neurtal, but it can mean many things. Well, I understand that it might be a strange question - to ask how should I play - but I don't ask for well-balanced party or whatever else. Only about character's personality. I suppose (ok, I hope) it can't be spoilerish.

Thanks in advance.
Vlad
+smth small

This would be a vey bad idea. Senka has reported a lot of problems recently, because of this *smth small*. If you want to play and not to debug your own game all the way, please strictly follow installation instructions without any deviations. It means Baldurdash v1.63 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + patch v6.9.2. In case of this installation or its variations (see the pinned topic), I'll provide you with technical assistance. However, if you add *smth small*, you'll be on your own.

With respect to Leina, well, it's a good question. Actually, I don't know what's your preference. Choosing Leina means you'll not be able to side with Shadow Thieves. On the other hand, to join Sime, you'll have to ally with Aran. This is a primary choice. Further, kindly bear in mind that you'll reach Leina when your party is at level 12-14. She is a powerfull bard at this level, if you need one. You have an option romancing and flirting with her but her romance has not been completed yet.

In fact, I would divide your question into three parts:
1) What is my party in the first part of NeJ2?
2) What is my party in the second part of NeJ2?
3) What is my party in the third part of NeJ2?

Now, I can show you only my personal preferences.
1) PC (kensai, later dualled to a mage); Imoen (charming rogue); Shar-Teel; Hrothgar; Dar; Accalia.
2) PC (kensai/mage); Shar-Teel; Hrothgar; Dar; Melora; Leina.
3) PC (kensai/mage); Shar-Teel; Hrothgar; Dar; Imoen; Leina (or Taffic if I don't romance Leina).

Good luck!
Ardanis
Heh, now I've to ask about Shar-Teel, Hrothgar, Dar, Accalia and Melora. Though I believe they're good, with exception of Sharteel. Chaotic good, I suppose than. Hm, as I recall Yoshimo and Kachiko are CG as well.

This would be a vey bad idea
I know, but I think I've got enough experience with mods to ensure compatibility and solve bugs should they show up. Still, thanks for caring. Besides, I'm not going for some kind of mega-install.
Vlad
There is a critical update in Baldurdash.

Except Dar, others are neutral.
Ardanis
By the gods, why every mod girl I'm looking to romance with gets a voice I don't like (or at least don't like much)?! Leina's the 4th case already...

Well, at least I'm a rich adventurer now smile.gif

PS I don't mean anything ill, in fact I'm quite glad, just wonder why there is no romances with a voice I'd like.
Vlad
Make an effort and find a real girl with a voice you like. I'm pretty sure you'll then forget about *girl mods* and computer games. laugh.gif
Ardanis
Khm, I had no idea it's so obvious that I'm not married yet.
keldorn
Hmm it seems its impossible to have both Leina and Sime in the same party?
Senka
Yes because youu need to deal with Bodhi for Leina and with theaves for Sime
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.