Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glitch in Baldurdash-WeiDU
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
Senka
I played BG2 with Baldurdash-WeiDU, BGT 1.01, BGT-Tweak, TS 6.11, NeJ 6.91, and BG2-Tweak. It hung randomly upon entering areas DeArnise hold and Copper Coronet, and upon entering the room with dead Khalid in Chateau Irenicus. Moving to these areas via console also doesn't work. Renaming the areas in NI seems to fix the problem. After trying different combinations of listed mods, I managed to find out that Baldurdash/WeiDU is the one responsible.

Have anyone else encountered this problem?
Vlad
It hung randomly upon entering areas DeArnise hold and Copper Coronet, and upon entering the room with dead Khalid in Chateau Irenicus

What does it mean *randomly*? Once it hangs, once it doesn't? Please, explain. Did you check the installation of pure BG2-SoA/ToB versus BG2-SoA/ToB + Baldurdash v1.63? Did you start a new game? If the problem is really in Baldurdash, I would expect more than one report on this problem. Anyway, I didn't introduce changes in the core of Baldurdash after KD, and moreover I didn't touch areas, particularly those you mention. Thus, I'm pretty sure the source of the problem is somewhere else. Oh, and your full WeiDU.log would be much appreciated.
Senka
What does it mean *randomly*? Once it hangs, once it doesn't?

No. One time it's De'Arnise, another time it's Copper Coronet.
Did you check the installation of pure BG2-SoA/ToB versus BG2-SoA/ToB + Baldurdash v1.63?

Yes. And with Baldurdash-usual I havn't problems
Did you start a new game?

No. I used one save
Anyway, I didn't introduce changes in the core of Baldurdash after KD, and moreover I didn't touch areas, particularly those you mention.

Yes, I know. Checking the problem I didn't install bonus merchant. It didn't help
Thus, I'm pretty sure the source of the problem is somewhere else.

May be. System configuration, for example.
Oh, and your full WeiDU.log would be much appreciated.

Evening. I'm at work now smile.gif
Vlad

Did you start a new game?

No. I used one save

In no way you should check your old save with a new installation. It simply does not make sense. Your saved game from previous installations may include resorces or have problems which do not exist in a new installation.

What does it mean *randomly*? Once it hangs, once it doesn't?

No. One time it's De'Arnise, another time it's Copper Coronet.

It does not make sense, really. Your game may equivally crash in another area as well. Believe me, Baldurdash has nothing to do with your crashes. To prove that the Baldurdash is responsible, you should:

1. Install BG2-SoA/ToB, start a new game and CLUA your PC into one of the areas where the crash took place.
2. Install BG2-SoA/ToB + Baldurdash, start a new game and CLUA your PC into one of the areas where the crash took place.

If in 2. your game crashes, then you can blame Baldurdash. Otherwise, I consider your conclusion moot. I'll be away for several days on our holidays, so please do 1. and 2. meanwhile and report the results here.
Senka
Well, Vlad, I did full uninstall and install one's again. Ok, now all the problems are gone. But... I ocassionally kill all my saves! bigcry.gif newsad.gif confused.gif And now from the very beginning, from Candlekeep... banghead.gif

grinteeth.gif
Vlad
I really don't know what can I do for you. It's far away from Baldurdash to discuss it here. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.