Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems@CI: two Imoens, Minsc "has nothing to say"
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
krokodiler
Hello,

and thanks for this/these great mod(s)! thumb.gif

I've decided to start The Journey once again as the new 6.91 version seems to have much more content than that one I played before (6.02). And at the very beginning some problems emerged: I have one Immy that appears as usual and she is Lvl 10 Charming Rogue. She starts conversation with me and then we join. But another copy of her is standing in the room above (that one with equipment) - and she is Lvl 13 mage/lvl 7 thief - and I can also recruit her. I sense something is wrong here...

And another issue: I decided to kick out Jaheira and Minsc before I step thru the NEJ portal. She leaves normally (saying she will be at the Harpers) but Minsc doesn't say anything and when I try to talk to him I get "he has nothing to say to you". I wanted him in CC to join me after returning from NEJ, but this way he would stay in CI forever.

What is wrong? I cannot attach weidu.log so here it is:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #1 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #3 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #5 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #6 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.6 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #7 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.11
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.9.2 (Patch)

I'd be grateful for advice.
Vlad
Welcome!

I'd be grateful for advice.

My advise will be to reinstall everything from scratch. The problems you report here is an excellent indication of the wrong installation. So, please strictly follow the installation instructions as follows. Failing to do so will result in the problems you report.

1. Uninstall your present installation of BG2-SoA/ToB and clean out the rest of the folders and files in the BG2 directory.

2. Reinstall the game into a new folder in the following order:

BG2-SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash v1.63 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 patch v6.9.2

Start a new game.

Good luck!

krokodiler
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 13 2007, 10:17 AM) *

My advise will be to reinstall everything from scratch. The problems you report here is an excellent indication of the wrong installation. So, please strictly follow the installation instructions as follows. Failing to do so will result in the problems you report.

1. Uninstall your present installation of BG2-SoA/ToB and clean out the rest of the folders and files in the BG2 directory.

2. Reinstall the game into a new folder in the following order:

BG2-SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash v1.63 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 patch v6.9.2

Start a new game.

Good luck!

Thanx for your rapid answer.

But I followed your hints from pinned topic and installed in that order:

5. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

+ patch 6.92 (as you can see in my weidu.log). Maybe some component is useless in my instalation? I've also planned to play your TS mod this time - but there shouldn't be any problems with only these two mods installed.
Nevertheless I can reinstall everything and check then.

BTW: also I hope that BGT IS NOT crucial for NEJ 6.9.2 (or TS 6.11)? Also it occured to me that it can be weidu.exe version matter: it was 195.
Vlad
also I hope that BGT IS NOT crucial for NEJ 6.9.2 (or TS 6.11)

BGT is recommended. I really like this game myself. However, you can install only BGT v1.01, and in this case you should install the patch 6.9.2 only after you finish the BG1 portion of the game. TS is a good option too.

Also it occured to me that it can be weidu.exe version matter: it was 195

I cannot comment on newer versions of WeiDU right now. They should be tested.
krokodiler
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 13 2007, 11:06 AM) *

also I hope that BGT IS NOT crucial for NEJ 6.9.2 (or TS 6.11)

BGT is recommended. I really like this game myself. However, you can install only BGT v1.01, and in this case you should install the patch 6.9.2 only after you finish the BG1 portion of the game. TS is a good option too.

But what if I wanted to play BG2:SoA & ToB only? There is no point to install BGT then. But I hope playing NEJ & TS is still possible?
Vlad
If you don't want to install BGT, then please do not. It's optional. You may install TS v6.11 and NeJ2 v6.9.1 + patch v6.9.2.
keldorn
Hi, I encountered exactly the same thing also. Having 2 Immy's are ok, I can ignore one of them but Minsc, he just wont respond after kicking him out. On top of that, when asked Shar-teel to leave, she will just say something and go, no chance to ask her to wait somewhere for partying up later, I can't drop her without losing her forever.

My install order is
BG2-SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash v1.66 + TS7.02 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + NeJ2 patch v6.9.4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.