Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: game crashes when using prison portal
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Rion29
hi there, first I would like to say thanks for doing this mod, I´m looking very much forward to playing it! Actually, I have some problems right now that won´t let me advance. First I can´t find the key to Shar Teels cell. Second, when I am trying to use the portal to the second floor, some kind of "invisible force" pushes me back. I cant use the other portal close to the prison cells behind the starting - room either, it makes my game crash... starts loading, but crashes immediately afterwards, so I´m kinda stuck. Did a fresh and clean installation of everything, soa, tob, tob patch, bladurdash and nej in this order. your help would be very appreciated!
Vlad
Hi Rion, and welcome!

Please, post you WEIDU.LOG before reinstalling the game.
Rion29
ok should have opened my eyes - found shar teels key and freed her. still, cant enter the portal to the next area (the one where you find yoshimo)
Rion29
heres the log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #1 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #2 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #3 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #5 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #6 // Baldurdash Fix Pack fuer ToB, v1.5 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #1 #8 // Deutsche Korrektur von Textfehlern v2.1
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
Vlad
You cannot enter the portal to the second level as it is blocked. The only way is to use the portal in the small room near the cells. However, it seems something went avry in your installation as there should be no problem to use this protal, which transfers your group to the start area of NeJ2.

Unfortunately, I have nothing in mind but reinstallation of the game (fresh, in a new folder). I really hope it will help.

By the way, cannot be that there is a problem with German specific resources?
Rion29
yes, could be - is there a way to install in english, maybe a patch or so? thanks for the fast reply by the way.
Vlad
could be - is there a way to install in english

I am not sure. Also I have no idea what could be the problem of this crash. So, first of all, please reinstall the game. Then start a new game, and before clicking on that portal for the first time, please make a critical save. Then try to use this portal. Nomally, the first click is a warning suggesting to clean the first level of the dungeon before using the portal. The second click shoud transfer your group somewhere else. If it doesn't work, then we'll need to see what are the resources causing this problem. I'll need you saved game attached to your post to check it in my installation, which is supposed to be exactly the same as yours.

Good luck!
Rion29
ok, just to be sure - I am doing a full install of both soa and tob, patch it with the 26498 tob - patch, install Bdash 163 and finally all components of NeJ, right? I will try this now, in that order. If it doesnt work I´ll post a savegame. Thanks for your help so far!
Vlad
and finally all components of NeJ, right?

NeJ2 v6.9.1 + Patch v6.9.2 (see the pinned topic above)
Rion29
runs very smoothly now, thank you! I musta intalled it in an incorrect way the fist time. looks great so far, excellent work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.