Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS and NEJ compatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
sir thaddeus
I am wanting to install both TS and NEJ with a number of other mods.
Will the mods listed below be compatible with TS and NEJ?

Quest Related:
Unfinished Business
WeiDU-Ascension
Redemption
Turnabout
Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
Region of Terror
Quest Pack
Improved Oasis 2
Expanded Thief Stronghold

Tweaks:
Ashes of Embers
BG2 Refinements
BG2 Tweak Pack
Oversight
Projectile Retrieval
Rogue Rebalancing Pack
Subraces or FinnJO's Subrace Mod
Unique Artifacts
Virtue
BG2 FixPack

Kits:
Harper Scout Kit
Song and Silence

NPC:
Hubelpot

NPC-Related:
Banter Packs
Berserker Minsc
CrossMod Banter Pack
Nalia Mod
Nalia's Romance
NPC Flirt Packs

Stores and Items:
Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue
Herbs and Potions Add-in
Improved Anvil
Improved Horns of Valhalla
Item Upgrade
Item Value Tweaks
Ribald's Genie
Unusual Oddities Shop
Rupert the dye merchant

Tactical:
Domains of Dread
Chev
Goto BP-BGT even though you are not installing them (the new name will be Mega-Mod)
Sikret
Improved Anvil is not a store/item mod (even though PPG modlist has wrongly listed it in that category). It adds items to the game but it also adds quests and tactical challenges as the mod's main components.

Improved Anvil is incompatible with some of the mods in your list, though it is not incompatible with TS and Nej2 if installed in the right order. See the mod's readme before using the mod. IA v4 will be released very soon. The order of installation is also very important.
sir thaddeus
Improved Anvil is incompatible with some of the mods in your list

Which mods in the list is IA imcompatible with?

Goto BP-BGT even though you are not installing them (the new name will be Mega-Mod)

This gives order of install or incompatibilities?
Do some of the mods i have in the list not fit such as: Rogue Rebalencing and Song and Silence?

Thanks in advance!
Chev
Most everything you need will be there.
Sikret
QUOTE(sir thaddeus @ Mar 11 2007, 09:26 AM) *
Improved Anvil is incompatible with some of the mods in your list

Which mods in the list is IA imcompatible with?

Wait for the release of IA v4 and see its readme file for details. It will be released before friday (March 16). But to give you a quick reply from your list: Item Upgrade, Big Picture, some components of Quest Pack (including Improved Oasis 2), Some components of Ascension, two components of Unfinished Business, improved Sendai component of Oversight are incompatible with IA.

Moreover, if you want to install TS and Nej2, you shouldn't install BG2 Fixpack. You will need Vlad's Weidu version of Baldurdash fixpack. Also, there are other mods in your list which will not work with TS and Nej2. Vlad has already given some installation options which include IA + TS +Nej2. See the related topics in Nej forum here at BWL.
sir thaddeus
Wait for the release of IA v4 and see its readme file for details. It will be released before friday (March 16). But to give you a quick reply from your list: Item Upgrade, Big Picture, some components of Quest Pack (including Improved Oasis 2), Some components of Ascension, two components of Unfinished Business, improved Sendai component of Oversight are incompatible with IA.

Moreover, if you want to install TS and Nej2, you shouldn't install BG2 Fixpack. You will need Vlad's Weidu version of Baldurdash fixpack. Also, there are other mods in your list which will not work with TS and Nej2. Vlad has already given some installation options which include IA + TS +Nej2. See the related topics in Nej forum here at BWL.

What components of UB is incompatible?
What other mods as you state will not work?

If i don't install IA will the above mods you listed above work?

I will go thru and revise my list (make it smaller).

I really want to get the best game together.

I thank everyone for the help so far!
Baronius
IA is so versatile and has so much content that it compensates the lack of more other mods in my opinion. But it's also a big challenge, especially if you want to solve the optional game quests as well.
Sikret
QUOTE(sir thaddeus @ Mar 12 2007, 03:26 AM) *

What components of UB is incompatible?

The following two components are incompatible with IA

- Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
- Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship

However, if you want to play TS and NEJ, the entire UB will become incompatible. I think Vlad has his own UB component.
What other mods as you state will not work?

See Vlad's installation options in NEJ forum. Also check IA v4 readme when it's released.
If i don't install IA will the above mods you listed above work?

Even if you do not install IA, most of them will not work with TS and NEJ.

sir thaddeus
Okay, so I figure the best bet to not to install mods from my list and just play TS/NeJ/IA as one?

NeJ is just read has not ties to the main SOA plot, would that make it a conversion mod or am I wrong?

I think Vlad has his own UB component.

Where may i find this component? and what does it do?

With the mod list i provided, i was wanting to add more to the game in terms of tatics, kits, npcs, mixed in with a vast amount of quest, new areas, items, and such.

But it looks like the I won't be able to play a mega-mod as I wanted, LOL.
Unless there are any you all suggest.

Thanks
Sikret
QUOTE(sir thaddeus @ Mar 13 2007, 07:41 AM) *
Okay, so I figure the best bet to not to install mods from my list and just play TS/NeJ/IA as one?

This is a good choice. Another choice would be to play IA (without TS and Nej) with other mods which are compatible with IA (but not with TS and Nej). You will need to see IA v4's readme for a complete list of mods which are incompatible with IA.
NeJ is just read has not ties to the main SOA plot, would that make it a conversion mod or am I wrong?

Vlad can reply more accurately than I do, but I think that NEJ is not a Total Conversion (TC); it's rather a semi-conversion (SC). The SOA story is still there in its place.
I think Vlad has his own UB component.

Where may i find this component?

It's in NEJ. You won't need to install it separately. (Again Vlad will correct me if I'm wrong)

and what does it do?

Vlad knows better than I do.
With the mod list i provided, i was wanting to add more to the game in terms of tatics, kits, npcs, mixed in with a vast amount of quest, new areas, items, and such.

But it looks like the I won't be able to play a mega-mod as I wanted, LOL.
Unless there are any you all suggest.

Installing too many mods together has never been a good idea. (Silverstar knows what I'm saying smile.gif ). As for kits, you can install most of the available kits (specially Auramaster Druid Kit and Riskbreaker Kit). They will work fine with IA.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.