Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stuck in Chateau Irenicus :(
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
kiwidoc
First up much kudos and mana to you for all the hard work and creativity that's gone into this mod *standing ovation*

I’m having a bit of hassle getting to the Spine of the World. I’ve cleared out both floors in Irenicus’s dungeon, and picked up Yoshimo along the way. I’ve tried to use the portal in the original room, but I keep ending up in the second level, where I meet Yoshimo.

I started with the following installation -
SoA + ToB + ToB patch + BG II Tweaks (Gibberlings 3 version) Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + NeJ2 v6.9.1
I’m aware that the BGII tweaks pack is extra to your recommended install. I confess to having also added 2 0r 3 extra NPCs – all from Spellhold or G3, and an extra soundest as well.

I would be quite happy to reinstall without the BGII tweaks, but I don’t want to do this if the problem is something simpler. Knowing me I've probably missed something really obvious wacko.gif
Golden Thief
Did you try the portal that is in the room next to the cells you start in? That one takes you to Easthaven.
kiwidoc
Thanks muchly for the fast reply. I did try the portal in the small room to the North of the first room - the one with all the cages. It just sendsd me to the second level of Irenicus's dungeon.

I've started to feel a bit anxious about this ... if I've already run across some incompatabilities then it might get wrose later, so I've done a new, clean install as per the advice I got here. I'm sticking to NeJ and TS ... hell, these seem to give me so much why should I want more biggrin.gif
Chev
BG II Tweaks (Gibberlings 3 version)

Which ones and what NPCs that are added to level 1 of Irenicus’s dungeon?
kiwidoc
QUOTE(Chev @ Mar 10 2007, 06:49 AM) *

Which ones and what NPCs that are added to level 1 of Irenicus’s dungeon?

None of the NPCs were added to the first level of the dungeon, they would appear in their normal places. I added Hubelpot (Spellhold); Xan, Keto & Kelsey from G3. I wasn't intending to use them all in this game, but was getting ready for later runs.

I honestly can't remember which of the BG 2 tweaks I had installed - but I am very, very,very sure one of them was the "shut up the you must gather your party voice!" tongue.gif

Anyway I think something had gone drastically wrong with that install, as I never even saw the new intro screens, and Shar Teel wasn't there either.
Anomaly
Please post your Weidu.log. It seems that NEJ main component is not installed.

BG2 Tweaks should not be the source of the problems (but that depends on which components you have installed, exactly), but you should have installed it last, not first.
Vlad
I am really sorry to interrupt such a nice discussion on compatibility issues of NeJ2 with BG2 tweaks, but I think it would be more constructive to move this discussion to the proper forum boards.

Thanks to all of you for understanding! smile.gif

I've started to feel a bit anxious about this ... if I've already run across some incompatabilities then it might get wrose later, so I've done a new, clean install as per the advice I got here. I'm sticking to NeJ and TS ... hell, these seem to give me so much why should I want more

Kiwidoc, you see my point! cool.gif

So, how is your installation now? I would like to stress that you must strictly follow the installation instructions:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

The installation should be fresh in a separate folder without messing with your previous installations.

Beleive me, if you don't follow my installation instructions, the outcome may be unpredictable. It would be very dissapointing after 50-60 hours of your gameplay to find that you cannot continue because of the compatibility problems.
kiwidoc
Vlad my new installment is running perfectly. I loaded those exact files in that exact order.

I can't give you anything from my Weidu log as I had to completely uninstall the nerfed version in order to do it properly. My only excuse for being such an idiot and loading the BG2 Tweaks .... blame it on the painkillers wacko.gif

I'd also like to apologise for not making it clearer. I don't need help anymore, I had a sudden attack of common sense, got rid of the old installation and made a completely new one smile.gif And I am thoroughly enjoying it *another standing ovation*

Vlad
Thanks! smile.gif

Please keep me informed on how it's going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.