Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEJ 6.9 ready ! What's new ?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Anomaly
First of all, thank you for releasing the new version of NEJ ! wub.gif

But, with respect to download size, what's new in this version ?

I believe Skie is now part of NEJ, even without BGT-WeiDU installed ? Maybe the third part of NEJ2 (the Spellhold portal I guess) is now functional, so can we expect something new at this point ? Other things ? Please enlighten us. smile.gif

I am downloading it, but it will take a while. smile.gif
Vlad
First of all, thank you for releasing the new version of NEJ !

You are welcome! biggrin.gif

But, with respect to download size, what's new in this version ?

IWD areas - added Wyrmth Tooth and Upper Dorn's Deep (about 15 new areas).
Several BG1 areas - for those who do not have BG1 or BGT installed.

I believe Skie is now part of NEJ.

Unfortunately, no. Her files are in the installation folders though, but since we had no time to develop her character, I decided to remove her from the game at this point. I don't like silent NPCs.

Maybe the third part of NEJ2 (the Spellhold portal I guess) is now functional

No. There are still two parts in the mod.

Beside new areas, we added new banters and Shar-Teel's quest. Once again, it is not finishable in the second part though. In order to initiate this quest, Lord Firkraag should see Shar-Teel in the CC. Then you may proceed to his dungeon, which will be a bit different at this point.

I had a choice to release all the content I have at the moment or to make you waiting for another year or two. So I decided for the former and against latter. As with all previous versions of this mod, we will continue to release it in parts. With respect to the next releases comprising new dialogues and quests, they will be only updates to the existing version 6.9.1, so don't expect more big downloads for the nearest future. Most of the areas we need for further modding are incorporated in the present release including the updated world map.

Finally, you may wish to make several good saves on your road in order not to repeat the same adventures when the next versions will be released. The content prior to Wyrm's Tooth will be not updated anymore.

Good luck!
Anomaly
Thank you for your detailed answers. smile.gif Too bad for Skie, now I understand why I couldn't find her. I guess I will have to be a mage, or to leave Imoen as a Thief/Mage.
Vlad
If you need Skie only as a mage in your group and not the character who communicates with the rest of the group and reacts to events in the game, you can add her on your own. Just edit TP2 file where I have turned the blocks related to Skie to comments (remove backslashes).

[EDIT] I forgot to add that Accalia has been reworked. She is a very nice addition to the party. She has a nice kit, and plenty of dialogues. We plan on continuing with her in future releases.
Rubberduck
One more (or two?) questions, Vlad:

1. You say we need to use BGT 1.01. What about the actual version 1.03? Serious problems using it?

2. Sorry to ask such a noob question but what about the installation of BG1 + TotSc? It's simply not mentioned in your sticky post.

Anomaly
Tried a kensai with Imoen as a Thief/Mage, but this kit (Kensai) is way underpowered to my taste, especially compared to Rhothgar and Dar ! And Imoen still has her belt on... So I restarted with a PC mage and Imoen as charming rogue, and it is much better.

I forgot to add that Accalia has been reworked. She is a very nice addition to the party. She has a nice kit, and plenty of dialogues. We plan on continuing with her in future releases.

Hmmm... Knowing that, I may be tempted to recruit her. unsure.gif

1. You say we need to use BGT 1.01. What about the actual version 1.03? Serious problems using it?

I don't know the answer, but the latest BGT is now 1.04.

2. Sorry to ask such a noob question but what about the installation of BG1 + TotSc? It's simply not mentioned in your sticky post.

BG1 is required to install BGT of course, but you can now install NeJ standalone without BGT, BG1, nor TS installed.
Vlad
I always start as a kensai of Level 7, and dual to a mage at Level 10 (it happens in the Severed Hand). Last time I played my mage reached Level 11 and restored his kensai class in the Wyrm'th Tooth. In fact, you won't need a mage in the first part of NeJ2 as your major opponents therein are either undead or kind of magical creatures, which are immune to magic. cool.gif But at least two clerics I would suggest.

You say we need to use BGT 1.01.

Who say? I didn't say this. smile.gif

So, my party of six in the Wyrm's Tooth (it turns to be my strongest party ever):

PC - kensai/mage (11/10)
Imoen - Charming Rogue (14)
Shar-Teel - Firewalker (13)
Hrotghar - Moon Knight (13)
Dar - Figher/Priest of Ilmater (11/12)
Accalia - Priest of Tempus (14)
Rubberduck
QUOTE(Vlad @ Feb 26 2007, 10:15 PM) *

You say we need to use BGT 1.01.

Who say? I didn't say this. smile.gif

You said this biggrin.gif

Please pay attention that the download is about 510 MB.

Some installation options:

1.SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

2. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + Improved Anvil + BGT v1.01 + BGT Tweaks + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + BGT Songs

3. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + Improved Anvil + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

4. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + BGT v1.01 + BGT Tweaks + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1 + BGT Songs

5. SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.63 + TS v6.11 + NeJ2 v6.9.1

and so on.

So i guess i might use the newest version of BGT (1.04) without srewing my install?
Vlad
You don't need BGT to play the new version of NeJ2. It is optional. However, if you want to install it you should install v1.01 downloaded from the provided link. Detailed installation instructions are explained in the post you have recited.

Enjoy it! cool.gif
Anomaly
I experienced a small bug. I tried to kick Shar-Teel from my party (I were still in Irenicus dungeon level 1), and I got bad strings.

Shar-Teel: Let me see your wares
PC: Reply 1 : (blank) -> if I select it, Shar-Teel leave my party
PC: Reply 2 : "Garoll" -> Shar-Teel is re-added to my party

Other minor bugs :
I left Shar-Teel near the portal and travelled to Eastheaven. In the first dialogue (the air is different), PC gets two identical replies. The first interrupts dialogue, the second let Imoen say "Oh... <CHARNAME>". I did not see that in my first look when the Shar-Teel component were not installed (only one reply, followed by Imoen's reply).

Then I went down, being talked to by Pomab, then Shar-Teel, from Irenicus Dungeon, unexpectly initiated dialogue, with the same broken join dialogue. I can't reproduce this one.
Golden Thief
Vlad,
I can confirm Anomaly's bug just have basic installed it happens when I reform party. Their is no reply option one. There is just 2. Garoll. If you click in the empty space where 1. should be Shar leaves the party.

I have Shar in Easthaven but no corrupt dialogue. The banters are correct from what I know. I even kicked her out and readded her, she is fine so far with what she says.
Vlad
Don't kick my NPC from the party! schimpfer.gif lovl.gif

Seriously, I have never tested this. Thanks.
Anomaly
Is NEJ supposed to be that hard ? unsure.gif

On the Vale of Shadows, I entered the northen cave. 3 vampiric mists and dozen of skeleton warriors, some of them firing flame arrows... My party is destroyed in 4 seconds, and they don't follow me outside. I don't really know how I can clear this cave.
pro5
Use "protection from undead" scrolls. wink.gif They help A LOT when clearing the vale.
Vlad
You have only the limited number of them though. So, use them wisely.

[EDIT] Imoen's and Accalia's innate abilities are of great help here.
Golden Thief
Also a little help. Did you find an axe called "Bone Cleaver" if so give it to Hrothgar. He has downed an undead with one hit with it for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.