Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with editing HLA
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
kilolima2
Hi,

I would like to make HLAs available for all classes. This might make things a little strange but personally I find levelling at higher levels kind of boring.

I think I found the HLA tables in the override folder. Is this correct? Or is there somewhere else to edit the values?

I would also like to tweak the HLAs such as adding new ones and making them available at lower levels, in effect mimicking the excellent perk system from Fallout and the more open class system of IWDII. Any ideas? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

kilolima
Rabain
This is pretty straight forward. You create the spell for the new HLA and add it to the appropriate classes HLA table. In this case since you wish to make all HLA's available to all classes you would be building a new table using the format of an existing table that includes all the HLA's.

I believe there is a full list of HLA's in the IESDP.

Current HLA tables only go to 24 so I assume there may be a limited number of HLA's displayble on screen at level up. Someone more knowledgeable will know for sure.

Not sure if you can change at what level HLA's are started, this might be hardcoded but not necessarily unmoddable with the right info.
pro5
Limit for max number of HLAs for each class/kit is 24.

I believe LUNUMAB.2DA is the file to look into if you want to change starting level for HLAs (again, IESDP is your best source).
kilolima2
Thanks for the help all, I wasn't aware of the IESDP. It's great!

cheers,

kilolima
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.