Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sime won't talk
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
rossbach451
Just got Sime (OK, I CLUAd the money in), did the Copper Coronet/slaver piece, and have done the Korgan quest, and she has yet to talk to me. I forced a talk, the one about Aran, but that has been it. Am I missing something?
Vlad
Probably, you should not force the talk unless you know how and which variables should be updated.

[EDIT] As a side note, there is a class and race restriction for romancing Sime. Also the romance is connected to your quests in the game.
rossbach451
What global variable should I see in ShadowKeeper that would reassure me that things are on the up and up? Is there anything I can do? As I said, I talked with Gaelen, gave him the money to open up Aran, got Sime, then did the Copper Coronet and Korgan's quest. Have also done the Mook quest but haven't spoken with Aran yet afterwards. Perhaps this is critical?
Vlad
I really cannot help you with your problem. There are many variables which control different events which trigger Sime's banters and love talks. It's enough to mess only one of them in order to ruin the whole romance. Moreover, I don't see any reason in this kind of activity. If you are willing to play the mod, please play it normally without force updating variables. Otherwise, please don't seek my help. Also, please bear in mind that Sime does not talk to thieves (including dual- and multi-) and to races other than human, elf and half-elf.

[EDIT] Also other romances in progress can prevent Sime from launching her love talks.

[EDIT2] If you spend enough time in Athkatla, there should be an encounter with 3 vampires, that indicates the romance is progressing smoothly.
rossbach451
Sorry, you misunderstood me: I just wanted to know what the variable should be so I would know. I had no intention of cheating (any further). I have played through this before, and enjoyed it immensely. I understand that you take great pride in this, and that any help you give is voluntary. Again, thanks for a great mod.
Toxeus
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jan 3 2007, 03:50 PM) *

Also the romance is connected to your quests in the game.

Please, i want spoilers about Sime.
What quest must i do before she start talking with me? Are there any Sime's conversations with Bioware NPC?

If you spend enough time in Athkatla, there should be an encounter with 3 vampires

How long is this "enough time"?
Vlad
Sime has race and class restrictions in respect to her romance. Your PC should be a human, elf or half-elf and not a thief (single, dual or multi). Also other romances can prevent Sime from starting releationships with PC for obvious reasons. Sime has banters with other NPCs though. If you play a regular game doing major quests in Chapter 2-3 without cheating and jumping between areas, there will be no problems. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.