Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REQ a wiki page in The Black Wyrm
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
FMAlchemist
Hi,

i'm requesting a wiki feature on this "blackwyrmlair".net
For a lair that hosts so many mods, it makes perfect sense to include a detailed guideline on how to install them.
Not how to install one mod, but how to install (i.e. install order) the biggest number of mods while avoiding unstable mods that cast upon nasty bugs (e.g. unable to finish the game, frequent crashes in a area).

What is the reason for such request?
The problem is that i haven't played BG for more than 3 years and i don't know what is the current state-of-the-art for the mods/patches/etc. A wiki would help in installation and in keeping information about available mods.
Just a quick net surfing showed me that there is a an easy-tutu with a built in fixpack.... that's not even hosted here for what i can see.
(BTW, i'm not the one who's going to play it... it's my sister - who already finds the game overwhelming and difficult in Irenicus dungeon)

My outdated BG1 install procedure:
CODE
1) Install Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate Tales of the Sword Coast

2) Official Baldur's Gate TotSC patches
BG1 - Official patches\BGTalesIntl5512.exe
BG1 - Official patches\bgtalesdx8intl.zip

3) Fixpacks
BG1 - fixpacks\BG1FixPack11.exe
BG1 - fixpacks\BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11.exe
    (if TeamBG's mod, DSotSC, is going to be installed)
    BG1 - fixpacks\BG1FixPack11DSotSC.zip

4A)
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\Dark Side of the Sword Coast\DSotSC103BFull.exe
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\Dark Side of the Sword Coast\bg1adventureDS1_03.rar
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\Dark Side of the Sword Coast\bg1adventureDS1_03 FIX (AR3307).zip
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\Dark Side of the Sword Coast\Harder_BG1_Patch_v1.0.zip

4B)
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\firewalker_final7.rar
BG1 - NON weidu compatible mods\Harder_BG1_Patch_v1.0.zip    ??? don't know if they're compatible

4C)
BG1 - WEIDU compatible mods\Vault_v301.zip
BG1 - WEIDU compatible mods\bg1adventure1_03.rar
BG1 - WEIDU compatible mods\BG1-ease2.1.zip

My outdated BG2 install procedure:
CODE
0) Install Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

1) Official Patch
BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH.exe    - Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

2) Install Fixpacks
BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112.exe        - Baldurdash FixPack v1.12
BG2ThroneOfBhaalGameTextUpdate12.exe    - Baldurdash English-Language Game Text Update v1.2
SP Cloak of Mirroring for BG2: ToB    - SPCLCK26ToB.zip
ToB Juggernaut Golem Fix        - juggolem_fix.zip
Beige Tangerine's fixpacks.zip

3A)
Baldur's Gate Trilogy
[INcompatible with other mods(ex:TDD) and also some WEIDU mods]

3B) Installing and following [B]ig [P]icture's mod instructions will give:
Shadows over Soubar
The Darkest Day
Tortured Souls
The Big Picture
Freedom's Reign - Reign of Virtue
Spine of the World
Ease Of Use
Item Upgrade
Tactics
Ascension
Redemption
Imoen's Romance
...problably all other WeiDU based mods

3C)
The Forgotten Children
...WeiDU based mods on top of it

I don't even remember where should TuTu be used... Can it be used after all the mods/patches been applied to both BG1 and BG2?
What other mods are there? (that are not listed in BWL.net)

Feel free to update my procedures, i would appretiate that... (quote and edit; see why the wiki is usefull)

Thanks!!! And have a great xmas! (i'm off to eat some cakes)
Baronius
Merry Christmas, FMAlchemist!

(BTW, i'm not the one who's going to play it... it's my sister - who already finds the game overwhelming and difficult in Irenicus dungeon)
You're exaggerating, aren't you? biggrin.gif Because we plan to create recommendations for mod combinations, but currently what I can suggest below are setups for difficult (but popular) BWL mods:

For BG2: Improved Anvil. It offers new items (like ItemUpgrade, but IMO better ones), and much much more (built-in fixes, improvements, new quests, AI enhancements etc.). Its new version will be released very soon. The initial installation order:
1- BG2
2- TOB
3- TOB Official patch
4- Baldurdash TOB fixpack-112 (Non-weidu version)
5- ... i.e. for more details, read the text files attached to the bottom of this page. That page is still about v3.0, but v4.0 will be released soon; you can find more information on the new version here. Its documentation lists all mods (there are many) that you can also install while you have Improved Anvil installed.

For BG1(Tutu): The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight. Its new version will be released within days. It has an edition that works with BG1TotSC, one that works with BG1Tutu/EasyTutu, and also one that is for BG Trilogy. So you can try it out, no matter what conversion (if any) you've installed. smile.gif Remember, a new version will be released within a few days, so it's worth waiting for it.

I don't even remember where should TuTu be used... Can it be used after all the mods/patches been applied to both BG1 and BG2?
Everything is explained here in details: http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

What other mods are there? (that are not listed in BWL.net)
http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/download.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.