Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Documentation of fixes?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
Caedwyr
I'm currently planning on playing through BGII again, and I was wondering if there is any documentation of the fixes for Baldurdash - WeiDU. I understand that it contains many of fixes from the original Baldurdash, but I also am given to understand that it contains additional fixes and possibly some removal of questionable fixes. Also, is the Baldurdash Game Text update included?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chev
Baldurdash v1.61 is for NeJ2 v6.8 and/or TS v6.10. The main replacement for old Baldurdash is BG2 Fixpack

Sorry if I was a bit unclear BG2 Fixpack is an alternative to Baldurdash v1.61 and a replacement to older pre-WeiDU Baldurdash
Baronius
BD-WeiDU 1.61 works without NEJ2/TS as well. You can install it as the fixpack for your game.

You can get it from Vlad's BWL account (see the relevant thread), and it displays the readme in the installation window, after you've clicked the first "Next" button.

BG2 Fixpack is rather an alternative, not a replacement. It applies lots of changes that are called fixes by the authors, but actually they are too subjective and/or too arbitrary, and most of them aren't optional.

Edit: Ambigious expression ("main fixpack") changed. Thanks berelinde!
berelinde
I am not making any comments regarding fixpack preference, since opinions are very personal things, and vary with the owner.

I would like to make the comment that under no circumstances should one attempt to install more than one fixpack. Doing so will create bugs in your game. I speak from personal experience.

If you prefer BG2 fixpack, use that exclusively. If you prefer Baldurdash-WeiDU, use that exclusively. If you want to install two mods and each lists a different one as a prerequisite, the mods are incompatible.
Caedwyr
QUOTE(Baronius @ Dec 19 2006, 09:53 AM) *

BD-WeiDU 1.61 works without NEJ2/TS as well. You can install it as the fixpack for your game.

You can get it from Vlad's BWL account (see the relevant thread), and it displays the readme in the installation window, after you've clicked the first "Next" button.

BG2 Fixpack is rather an alternative, not a replacement. It applies lots of changes that are called fixes by the authors, but actually they are too subjective and/or too arbitrary, and most of them aren't optional.

Edit: Ambigious expression ("main fixpack") changed. Thanks berelinde!

I was hoping I could find some documentation of the fixes that doesn't involve me downloading the mod. Anyone have some information?
Vlad
Yes, Caedwyr, the text update is included.

README

*** Upcoming Version 1.62
- RING29 fixed

*** Version 1.61
- Miscellaneous fixes
- NoCD patch (optional)

*** Version 1.6
- Miscellaneous fixes and optional components
- Full compatibility with TS and NeJ2

Credits to James Shumacher, Goeran Rimen, aVENGER and Extremist for their bugfixes, which were included in this cummulative pack.
Thanks to Idobek for his KIT.IDS.

*** Version 1.5
- WeiDU v185;
- German translation;
- patch for SPWI608, SPWI322, SPWI513, SPWI514, SPWI903, SPWISH26, SPWISH38.SPL:
description says they shouldn't be affected by target's resistance, so all effects set to Not Dispell/Bypass Resistance(0);
- patch for SPWI423.SPL: summoning spell should bypass resistance;
- patch for DEVAHEAL, SENSPIHE, SPPR317, SPIN201, SPPR404, SPIN679, SPIN699, SPPR607.SPL - healing spells, they should bypass resistance;
- patch for SPWI103: lvl 6 Pause caster effect had invalid Dispell/Not bypass - must bypass resistance;
- patch for SPWI408, SPWI512 - all efefcts should be Dispell/Bypass res.;

- MISC2A: carried icon;
- UNDHIT2.EFF: THAC0 bonus vs Undead - must be 2 there, not 3;
- RING97.ITM : all effects must bypass resistance;

-
SPCL122
SPCL131
SPCL133
SPCL141
SPCL142
SPCL143
SPCL151
SPCL153
SPCL154
SPCL221
SPCL233b
SPCL234
SPCL235
SPCL241
SPCL242
SPCL331
SPCL332
SPCL341
SPCL351
SPCL417
SPCL421
SPCL441
SPCL541
SPCL812
SPCL813
SPCL814
SPCL816
SPCL817
SPCL818
SPCL819
SPCL821
SPCL924
SPCL925
SPCL926
SPCL927
SPCL931
SPCL932
SPCL933
SPCL934

SPCL915
SPCL920
SPCL928
SPCL929
SPCL930

: as for kit's AL_ spell all effects must bypass resistance;

- SPCL611
SPCL612
SPCL613
SPCL621
SPCL632
SPCL633
SPCL634
SPCL643
SPCL644

SPIN107 and many many others

: as shapeshifting spells, effects must bypass resistance;

- SPCL144
SPCL152
SPCL321
SPCL423

SPCL900

SPCL913
SPCL914
SPCL916
SPCL917
SPCL918
SPCL919
SPCL921
SPCL922

: as spec. abil. combat modifiers, effects must bypass resistance;

- SPCL642.SPL: as AVENGER kit description says STR and CON bonuses should be -2, not 0 wink.gif

- SPWI505.SPL: all effects must have the same flags (Dispell/Bypass);

- SPWI425.SPL: as for a summoning spell, effects must bypass resistance;

- patch for SPPR505, SPPR505D, SPCL232, SPCL232D, SPCL732, SPIN633, SPIN684, SPPR950, SPWI609, SPWI609D.SPL :
description says they shouldn't be affected by target's resistance, so all effects set to Dispell/Bypass Resistance(3);

*** Version 1.2

13-04-2005 - invalid Dead("...") triggers in 164 ToB scripts fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dozens of incorrect resources references fixed (BAM, ITM, CRE etc.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BG1 Baldurdash fixes implemented for BGT.
1) APPRENTI.BCS - there was an invalid VVC reference: CreateVisualEffectObject("ANCALL",Myself)
Must be CreateVisualEffectObject("AMCALL",Myself).

2) AR2200.BCS - there was a reference to nonexisting creature "jeloli01". Changed to "jelgre01".

3) AR3020.BCS - incorrect parameters:
ActionOverride("SHUPOL01",ChangeAIScript("one",OVERRIDE))
ActionOverride("SHUGAR01",ChangeAIScript("one",OVERRIDE))
ActionOverride("SHUGFG01",ChangeAIScript("one",OVERRIDE))
ActionOverride("SHUGMG01",ChangeAIScript("one",OVERRIDE))
ActionOverride("SHUGPR01",ChangeAIScript("one",OVERRIDE))
Must be: ChangeAIScript("",OVERRIDE)

4) AR4000.BCS - item name typo: was "DWCSW1H01" instead of "DWSW1H01".

5) BHCRYPT.BCS - local var typo for "LOCALCastHorror" fixed:
Global("CastHorror","LOCALS",0) &
SetGlobal("CastHorror","LOCALS",1).

6) CAULDRON.BCS - sound name typo: was "EFF_38" instead of "EFF_M38".

7) CUT01.BCS and CUTD1.BCS - SetDialog("") for Imoen.

8) CUT215A.BCS - used effect name fix: "SPDIMNDR" instead of old "SPDOOR".

9) CUT218B.BCS - removed nonexisting effects usage:
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPIMPPT",Player1).

10) CUT31Q.BCS - reference to unexisting creature "bdcoun04" removed.

11) CUT49E.BCS - sound name typo fixed: was "ISC_03A" instead of "MISC_03A" (for BGT only).

12) CUT57C.BCS - visual effect name typo fixed: was "SPOWWRD" instead of "SPPOWWRD".

13) DDGUARD7.BCS - typo fixed:
CreateVisualEffectObject("yself","SPFLESHS") to
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPFLESHS","DDGUARD7").

14) FINSOL04.BCS - effect name typo fixed: was "SPPLOYMP" instead of "SPPOLYMP".

15) IDIOT01.BCS - OR() fixed. 30 triggers - not 31.

16) KILLGOOD.BCS - script name typo fixed: was "DEATHK" instead of "DEATHKNI" (?).

17) PIPE04.BCS - wrong sound name fixed: was "MISC_02A" instead of "MISC_01A" (for BGT only).

18) PPSHAD01-PPSHAD06.BCS - wrong sound name fixed: was "MISC_15A,B" instead of "MISC_03A,B" (for BGT only).

19) RUFPAL.BCS - global var typo fixed: Global("PitFight","AR0406",3).

20) SPWNRAK.BCS - incorrect creature reference: was "dogre01" instead of "ogre01".

21) VICG, VICG1.BCS - OR() fixed. 2 triggers - not 4.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22) AATAQAH.DLG - 1 statement fixed for trigger 25: Name("Imoen",LastTalkedToBy).
23) AERIE.DLG - fixed: StartDialogueNoSet() to StartDialogueNoSet([ANYONE]).
24) "OUTSIDE" changed to "OUTDOOR". This makes "happy" AERIEJ, BANOMEN, MINSCJ, YOSHJ.DLG.
25) BANOMEN.DLG - NEUTRAL_UPPER typo fixed.
26) AMMAN02.DLG - was ApplySpell("runrun",Myself), changed to
ApplySpellRES("runrun",Myself)
27) BAERIE.DLG - 2 fixes for MoveGlobal("AR0607","Aerie",[1034.1034]) - extra parameters removed.
28) A LOADS of other dialogs typos are fixed (too many for detailed descriptions tongue.gif ).

Total number of various fixes - ~200.

*** Version 1.1

- custom fixes, not included in the original Baldurdash.

'Misc' category set for several books (now it's possible to use them from the quickitem slots):
BOOK05.ITM, BOOK07.ITM, BOOK08.ITM

'Books' category set for several books (instead of 'Misc'):
BOOK32.ITM, BOOK94.ITM, BOOK95.ITM, BOOK96.ITM
They can't be put to a quickitem slot.

Items Category fixed for many weapons:
BOW07.ITM - Proficiency - Long Bow (was Short Bow)
BRUENAXE.ITM - Proficiency - Axe (was 0)
CHEVIL10.ITM - Category : Great Swords instead of Short Swords
DAGG10.ITM - Category : Daggers instead of Misc

Items usability and proficience fixes:
MISC5T.ITM - Proficiency - quarterstaff

MISC72.ITM, MISC73.ITM, MISC9Q.ITM, MISC9W.ITM,
PLAT05.ITM, POTN56.ITM, RING08.ITM, RING22.ITM, RING35.ITM, RING36.ITM, RING40.ITM,
RODS01.ITM, RODS04.ITM, RODS05.ITM, RODS06.ITM, SENDAI.ITM, WA2RING.ITM - usability fixes

- detectable spells compatibility implemented (BP compatible)

- BGT compatibility for texts

*** Version 1.0

Original Baldurdash fixes implemented (see BG2ToBFixPack112ReadMe.txt
for more details).
Caedwyr
Thanks
Ardanis
- Miscellaneous fixes and optional components
- Full compatibility with TS and NeJ2

I suppose no one is going to enlist them, right? Gaah! Why must I always do everything by myself?
Why do fixers in hell so love to provide fixes without explanation? "Don't ask, that's for your good..." They might indeed believe that it's good for player but what if player thinks otherwise? Especially since some fixes are really doubtful, like potion/spell "free action" providing immunity to stun. Not sure if that was baldurdash's one but still...

So no one is willing to save me a time and say what those misc fixes are?
pro5
QUOTE(Ardanis @ Dec 24 2006, 11:31 AM) *
Especially since some fixes are really doubtful, like potion/spell "free action" providing immunity to stun.

And what's wrong with that, I wonder?

Descriptions quite clearly say:

Ring of Free Action:
The wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that affects mobility in any way

Potion of Freedom:
The drinker becomes completely immune to any effects which hinder action or movement, whether magical in origin or not.

Free Action Spell:
While under the effects of this spell, the recipient becomes immune to anything that limits his or her movement

You won't argue with the fact that "Stun" does in effect limit movement, will you?
Ardanis
That could be considered from different points. Mine is that stun paralyses mind rather than body; body is free though can't move without mind. I know that it's a bit complex for game engine but that's my point.
berelinde
One could also argue that movement is the result of CNS activity directing voluntary muscles to contract. Stun definitely puts a halt to that.
Baronius
None of the descriptions say anything about the source (mental, physical, magical...) of what causes the inability of movement, so this can be considered as a rational change, a fix.
Ardanis
Ughh, that was only an example of why I don't like fixing all around.
I just can't hope that Vlad will tell me something about those fixes. So I've tried to explain my point in hope that someone will understand me and enlighten about BD161 (if he have a knowledge). If not then... the world is a cruel thing, what else can be said?

And what "compatibility with TS, NEJ2" means? *Sighs* Don't mind me too much, I think I'll find answers. I just DO HATE unexplained things. *Sighs again*
cmorgan
Well, (not trying to be a jerk here, I am just commenting smile.gif ) all of the folks involved in this modding endeavor have the problem of time - not enough of it to always document every small thing - especially as no one seems to read the full details anyways. After all, few folks want to read a list of literally thousands of lines saying things like

CODE
X#BG1NPC.tp2 line 1477 change: C_E ~DELORME.CRE~ updated to C_E_R G ~^[_,d]elorme\.cre$~ for Tutu compatibility
X#BG1NPC.D line 5724 change: InParty("delorm") repaired to InParty("delorme")

And of course the massive amount of time involved in listing all of these cuts into codefixing, in order to provide a list that most folks would not understand (and those that do understand could help contribute. So...

if a person who is sufficiently interested (that's you, Ardanis smile.gif ) can do the manual work, grabbing the tp2 can give you most of your answers, and after decompiling the dialogues, and scripts running WinMerge or WinDiff can give you the in-game results -
the sufficiently motivated person could then provide them to the modder in order to put in the ReadMe biggrin.gif
Gort
QUOTE(pro5 @ Dec 24 2006, 07:38 PM) *
And what's wrong with that, I wonder?

Descriptions quite clearly say:

Ring of Free Action:
The wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that affects mobility in any way

Potion of Freedom:
The drinker becomes completely immune to any effects which hinder action or movement, whether magical in origin or not.

Free Action Spell:
While under the effects of this spell, the recipient becomes immune to anything that limits his or her movement

You won't argue with the fact that "Stun" does in effect limit movement, will you?

well.. you know, death also limits movement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.