Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unstoppable death in Spellhold
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ClefairyTorii
Hail friends, I have once again hit another road block in my BG2 game.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug related to NeJ or related to TS, but for some reason when i get a pretty serious bug in Spellhold dungeon.

First off, there are 2 Imoens, but this really isn't too big of a problem and i've read other posts on the forum about this. However, for whatever reason, when i walk on the steps in that dungeon, i get a message from the Player Character saying that im missing someone, and can't continue. Then he dies, and i need to restart.

I'm assuming this "someone" is Imoen. I've tried inviting the thf/mage version, the charming rogue version, and ive even tried inviting both. Nothing works. On a side note, i can avoid this bug by ctrl+J. Sadly, its not really a fix.

When i finally meet Bodhi at the end of the dungeon my character turns into Slayer as per the story, but once he reverts back to normal, i always recieve the "you are missing someone" text, and die instantly after. I dont really see a way i can skip this part, as its pretty crucial to the story.

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? (on a side note, i completely finished TS, and it worked flawlessly.)
Golden Thief
I'm not sure if this is some how attached to why you get the message "you are missing someone", I have never run into this text myself, but I have read it comes from Hrothgar not being in your party.

So my question would be did you do all of NEJ both in IC and then going to Halruaa before doing TS. If so this could be a bug that needs fixing. I think Vlad would have to see if there is a work around for you at this stage of the game.

Edit: Is this the exact text you get?
"I feel that somebody is missing in your party. Guess who might that be? You may not continue this way..." If so then I would say it has to do with kicking Hrothgar out at some point before completing all of NEJ first.
ClefairyTorii
That is the exact line of text, and i did kick Hrothgar out before the end of NeJ. I did do all of NeJ in IC, and Halruaa before TS. Although, techincally i didn't finish Halruaa explained below.

Basically, right at the very end of Halruaa, right after i killed Ray Von, anytime i clicked to go back to Ulcaster the game would crash to desktop. (not really sure why, but i just assumed it was a random bug) Since this is techincally the end of NeJ part2, i just kicked Hrothgar out, and CLUA'd myself out of Halruaa (although if anyone knows the CLUA code for Ulcaster, i could try going back), and continued playing the regular game. I never went back to Ulcaster and thus never recieved any dialog from Tilorn, etc.

I'm not exactly sure why this only started happening in Spellhold though. On a side note, i did manage to find a way past this. Since my characters are pretty overpowered w/ all the extra xp, and gear, i could actually greater whirlwind bodhi to the floor and actually kill her before she has the slayer dialog. If Bodhi does not trigger her Slayer dialog, i wouldn't get the "you are missing someone" text after reverting back to normal.

However, this wasn't a fix since once i rest and have the "slayer dream" anytime i change into the slayer, the "you are missing someone dialog" would come up and kill my player char. I guess i could play w/o changing into the slayer, but i really like doing it on "big fights" just cuz i think its the role playing thing to do... mellow.gif

If this is a Hrothgar bug, any chance u guys know quick fix? Also, would uninstalling NeJ fix it? (since at this point, i pretty much finished all of NeJ/TS)

Thanks for the response! wub.gif
Federico
I have the same problem when leaving Halruaa the game crashes to dektop.I cluad my party to area "AR3900".That's a wilderness area next to Ulcaster and I can go from there directly to Ulcaster.Talked to Tilorn and everything was fine.I've had no problems in Spellhold later.
ClefairyTorii
Thanks for that bit of info. Was able to get back to ulcaster that way. smile.gif

Sadly, im assuming i need to also have Hrothgar in my party when i talk to Tilorn. Would anyone know the CLUAcode that can spawn Hrothgar so i can reinvite him to the party? (although i would imagine that could fubar quite a bit)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.