Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Area TT0305 Causes Crash
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Mar
Anyone else have this problem? I installed the Big Picture and followed the instructions to the letter. I haven't had a problem with crashing up until this map and it keeps crashing when it loads the map. Any ideas as to why this problem occurs or is there a way around it that doesn't require using that map?
Vlad
Welcome to the forum boards of Tortured Souls!

Unfortunately, I cannot help you because I do not support BP. I support only TS and NeJ2. All the questions regarding BP and other mods please address at the related forum boards.

Thank you and good luck!
Mar
Hi. Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with BP as your mod runs fine for everything else which is what led me to search to see whether anyone else has had the problem with that particular map.

Is there any particular need for me to use that map? (TTO305 is the dungeon exit as far as I can tell) I'd rather just skip it and carry on with the rest of the mod if possible.
berelinde
Mar, I know what you are trying to say, but you might do well shooting a line over to Spellhold Studios. They are much more familiar with installations that include it. And plenty of folks there run BP in conjunction with TS, so they might be able to point you in the right direction faster than someone who does *not* run with BP.

I don't run with either, so I can't help you. But I wish you well. I know how frustrating it is.
Vlad
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with BP...

How can you be sure? Have you ever tried to look into the code of TS and/or BP? And I am pretty sure the problem is the animation conflict between BP and TS.

Regarding your questiion of skipping areas using debugging tools such as CLUAConsole, if you know what you do and how to update the rest of variables you are free to do this. Otherwise, I am sure you'll collect more and more bugs until you won't be able to proceed further in your game.

As I said, good luck!
Chev
Hi Mar,

If youwant to go over to ShS for BP-BGT and post a link to your last save game I would see if it work with my install. It might be a corupted file in your install or a BP-TS animation conflict or it could be a file in TS – BP v6.09 got corupted. Way too many things for Vlad to check on.
Mar
I have posted on there as you suggested. I also tried uploading but it gave me an error saying that my upload count was greater than my post count? Either way it wasn't letting me, hopefully I can upload it some other time.

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=22785
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.