Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation Problems
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Iakoh
Hey fellows, i've got a problem while installing/playing NEJ.

my installation order shadows of amn + throne of baal + official tob patch v. 26498 + BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112 (balderash, no-weidu) + TSv610 + NeJ2v68

i'm not common to all this mod-stuff, so i extracted the mods into my root folder, affirmed all available options (except those 2 in ts you shant choose while using nej as well). finally i got some error while installing the char-kits (for example jaheira-kit -> resource [jaheir.cre] not found in key file: [./chitin key])and a funny mess of override errors.
notwithstanding i can start the game, i've got a new interface skin, jaheira and imoen have their new portraits and boo is "playble". so far it's fine, but when i use the portal northern of jaheiras cell, there's just that yoshimo dude but no more icewind dale as before. i hope you can help me somehow and sorry if that problem was solved before, i just could not find anything alike. thanks

ps. setup-log added
Anomaly
Since you don't have BGT-WeiDU installed, the mod skipped the first component : NEJ main content. You need to install BGT-WeiDU to play NEJ.
Iakoh
ah thanks, this explains something. alas, i don't have bg 1. it is possible to play bgt+nej proper without bg1 somehow?
Vlad
It will be possible in several days. I need to fix a glitch in the installation file.
Iakoh
wonderful, thanks fellows
Vlad
Iakoh, to my great sorrow your DEBUG file is a total mess. It looks like you tried to install, uninstall and then again reinstall the mods. First of all, please understand that you must strictly follow the installation instructions. If it's said Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6, it's not just my caprice. Also you may not uninstall and then re-install over your previous installation. There are BAT files, which should be present in your directory. The thumb rule with my installations is that you always reinstall a new. It means you have to make the backup of DIALOG.TLK file and OVERRIDE folder after you installed SoA-ToB in order not to reinstall the whole game each time but just the mods. Finally, why did you decide that TS v6.10 and NeJ2 can be installed over the German version? Are you sure that German version of SoA-ToB has exactly the same resources and their names as the English version? I doubt it's so. In my opinion TS and NeJ2 made for English SoA-ToB require adaptation to be played with the German version.
Iakoh
i know it's a mess biggrin.gif ; i did the install in a strict order first, but actually there should not be any german stuff inside (it's the english version). this file was just the result of of trying out a bit. i just bought a compilation of bg and now everything works fine. thanks fellow and a good day
Vlad
No problems and good day to you too! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.