Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crashing when zoning into the Copper Coronet
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
ClefairyTorii
Hey guys, i have encountered another bug, and i could use some help fixing it.

For some reason, everytime i zone into the Copper Coronet, the game crashes to desktop. I do know that it is Minsc causing this bug. If i remove him from the party, everything works fine. Interestingly enough, this bug is recent. I've been playing my bg2 game for awhile now, and never had a problem zoning into the CC before. My only guess is that Minsc has a timed quest or dialog or something, and its fubaring me at the CC.

If anyone has anything that could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.
Vlad
An area can crash only if it misses some game resources. It cannot crash because of a dialogue problem of one of NPCs. As I did not add any resources to the CC area in TS and NeJ2 (Govan and Hooded Man are created dynamically via script and that is why do not affect the area) and I did not touch the AR0406 files at all, please check which other mods and fixpacks you have installed. You may also browse the related forums at the Spellhold, for example:

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.p...=Copper+Coronet
ClefairyTorii
It may sound impossible but i actually dont have any fix packs or mods other than the ones compatible w/ NeJ2 & TS. Might i add though, NeJ/TS are easily the best BG2 mods i've played. (and i played them all i think, heh) I've actually deleted all the other mods, and pretty much plan to play BG2 w/ NeJ/TS exclusively now for future play throughs. (which is why im so interested in fixing my bugs tongue.gif) Props to u guys!

I have followed this install path exactly as it is printed:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + BGT v1.01 + TS v6.10 + NeJ2 v6.8

The only things added was the BGT TP2 file posted on your NeJ download thread, and obviously and install of BG1 + TotSC w/patch.

However, following those exact instructions and using the current NeJ/TS downloads, gave me a movement bug w/ Minsc. Golden Thief explained what could have happened, but the end result was Minsc was un-usable. I did add a modified Minsc.bcs file that added some missing lines of text, (Thanks Golden Thief wub.gif ) that actually fixed the movement bug.

Do you think its possible the modified file is causing CC to crash me? As of now, only Minsc crashes the game. Removing him from the party allows me to zone into the CC.

Thanks for the response !

Let me see if i can attach the modified file...
Federico
I have the Minsc bcs File from Golden Thief installed too and I have no problems with it.Same installation as you have + BG2 Tweaks and I have no problem with Minsk in CC but I have 2 Boo's now and that's cool.
Golden Thief
This is really a weird thing. To see if I can get a similar problem I used Hrothgar, Shar-Teel, Dar and Kachiko. It came down to Dar causing the same problem, but then I dismissed him and sent him into CC and picked him up while inside. I now can enter and leave without a problem.

@ClefairyTorii try the same thing with Minsc and see if he is ok after that.

Oops about the two Boos.

I think it is one of those gremlins.
ClefairyTorii
In-between my first post about the CC crash bug, and now, i kept playing, but just avoided the CC. Today, Minsc no longer appeared to be the cause. Now, if i kick him out i still crash when zoning in. This was very confusing to me.

However, Golden Thief gave me a couple of ideas on what could be doing this. This eventually lead me to going to the Sea's Bounty and picking up Yoshi and Katchi again. Oddly enough, w/ them in the party, i can now zone into CC w/o any trouble. Maybe this is a TS thing since TS recommends using Yoshi/Katchi until u reach Brynnlaw? (I wasn't planning on using Yoshi/Katchi until i finished most/all of the other NPC quests. (I have this thing about having Minsc and Jaheria in the party no matter what. Since they were w/ me since the beginning, i actually feel bad kicking them out. Sounds stupid, but what can i do! tongue.gif)

Once i got into the CC, i ditched Yoshi/Katchi in there (there is a "wait for me right here" choice) and it seemed to fix everything for now. Thanks for the help guys. I'll be back if something else happens biggrin.gif
Vlad
ClefairyTorii, thank you for your kind words. And thank you all guys for the support. GT, I have your comprehensive list of possible bugs now. Thanks! I hope I'll start working on NeJ2 already this weekend. cool.gif

With respect to the CC issues, I should check this. May be Minsc crashes the game somehow missing some resources like Boo.CRE, but I am not sure. I'll see what I can do with this component. Probably I'll just restore it from v4.2b without prejudice. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.