Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Herbs & Potions BG1 Tutu
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Alboy
Hi

Only second post, so bare with me.
When playing BG1 Tutu with Herbs & Potions installed I get Proficiency Type errors, they are:

Staff in BG1 Tutu is Staff but when Staff has fire or posion added it becomes Blunt Weapons.

Dagger in BG1 Tutu is Dagger but when Dagger has fire or poison added it becomes Small Sword.

I believe the Proficiency Type is being changed back to the original BG1 Proficiency Type.

Is there any way to enable Tutu's Proficiency Type as this becomes very confusing as to what is actually being used.

Thanks in advance
Alan
Baronius
To my knowledge, only their descriptions are wrong (thanks for reminding me; they will be fixed in the next release of this mod, whenever that will be). Or did you also experience THAC0 problems or other anomalies when using them?
Alboy
Hi Baronius

Thanks for the reply.
I never actually used them, as i was not sure if they worked correctly having different proficiencys, so i have no idea if there are other problems or not.
Sorry i can not help any further as i am new to BG1 Tutu.

Thanks
Alan

Baronius
They shouldn't have actual problems, I checked the files. Only the descriptions are wrong.

If you've any more questions, I'll help if I can.

Edit: since I'm doing a quick update of the Herbs mods today (thanks to Leomar for preparing the files to me), I checked if I can include any fixes in them (which don't need too much time, because in that case I can't add them). I actually realized that the proficiency problem you've reported follows from the fact that the BG1 and Tutu part of the setup is the same for installing the items. This should be changed in order to fix the problems that BG1Tutu players experience with descriptions, but unfortunately, I don't have time to revise the setup. (Actually, I don't really support these mods any more, but thanks to Leomar's assistance, I can now update their files a bit.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.