Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Herbs & Potions BG1 Tutu, Proficiency Type
Alboy
post Oct 17 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hi

Only second post, so bare with me.
When playing BG1 Tutu with Herbs & Potions installed I get Proficiency Type errors, they are:

Staff in BG1 Tutu is Staff but when Staff has fire or posion added it becomes Blunt Weapons.

Dagger in BG1 Tutu is Dagger but when Dagger has fire or poison added it becomes Small Sword.

I believe the Proficiency Type is being changed back to the original BG1 Proficiency Type.

Is there any way to enable Tutu's Proficiency Type as this becomes very confusing as to what is actually being used.

Thanks in advance
Alan
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Baronius
post Oct 17 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

To my knowledge, only their descriptions are wrong (thanks for reminding me; they will be fixed in the next release of this mod, whenever that will be). Or did you also experience THAC0 problems or other anomalies when using them?

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Alboy
post Oct 17 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Hi Baronius

Thanks for the reply.
I never actually used them, as i was not sure if they worked correctly having different proficiencys, so i have no idea if there are other problems or not.
Sorry i can not help any further as i am new to BG1 Tutu.

Thanks
Alan

Quote Post
Baronius
post Oct 17 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #4

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

They shouldn't have actual problems, I checked the files. Only the descriptions are wrong.

If you've any more questions, I'll help if I can.

Edit: since I'm doing a quick update of the Herbs mods today (thanks to Leomar for preparing the files to me), I checked if I can include any fixes in them (which don't need too much time, because in that case I can't add them). I actually realized that the proficiency problem you've reported follows from the fact that the BG1 and Tutu part of the setup is the same for installing the items. This should be changed in order to fix the problems that BG1Tutu players experience with descriptions, but unfortunately, I don't have time to revise the setup. (Actually, I don't really support these mods any more, but thanks to Leomar's assistance, I can now update their files a bit.)

This post has been edited by Baronius: Jun 19 2009, 12:46 PM

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:33 PM