Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leina Romance
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Federico
First of all a big thanks for this fantastic Mod.
Now my question.As I understand NEJ2 ends after returning from Halruaa and will be continued when part 3 is ready.
Does the Romance with Leina goes on after Halruaa or must I wait till part 3 is finished?
Golden Thief
Just to give you a little incentive to keep Leina in the party for awhile longer. I don't know how far the romance goes, Larrienne does that writing hopefully she logs on and can tell you about that. But I do know Leina does have banters for alot of what is left for you to do like strongholds, the underdark, etc. so she does not become a silent NPC for quite awhile. Hope that gives you some idea.

goes to prod larrienne hammer.gif
Federico
Thank you.That is good news cause I like her banters very much.
Federico
So,I think the Romance is not completed yet.I'm now in Chapter 6 and killed Bodhi but there was no Leina abduction and there were very good banters but nothing to complete the Romance,so that PC and Leina are a pair.
So I hope Larrienne and Vlad will complete it in part 3.
But she is really worth it to take her in the Party for the whole game.
Golden Thief
That's right the Leina romance is not done yet. I know somethings about it but can't/won't tell. I think that at the moment you can not hurt your relationship with Leina while romancing another, since it is not completed.

Since I usually stop using NEJ NPCs after Halruaa and never take them to TOB I'm not sure if they have any TOB content at the moment. Must ask Larriene about that.

Just wondering did you pick-up Melora and Taffic for you group? If so how did you like them?
Federico
I'm glad you won't tell so I have something more to look forward to.
I have Melora in my Party and she is really cute,her voicing by the way is excellent (don't put me near the wizard).
Leina and Melora are so good that I will keep both till the end of the game in my Party,can't tell them to leave or I would be too sorry.
As for Taffic,at first I don't know where to find him so he is not in my Party yet.But now I think he must be somewhere in Trademeet and next time I play NEJ I will take him with me.
Oh,and I would never romance anyone else as long as Leina is still around. smile.gif
Golden Thief
Glad to hear you like them. Larriene will be happy, she is the writter. If you can take Taffic with Melora sometime. They don't like each other so well. So I was just wondering what you thought about their banters?

Yep there is much more to come just have to be patient till Vlad gets to it and hopefully this part gets to be 99% bug free, so part 3 comes out soon.
Anomaly
About Leina's Romance, nobody has answered my question yet. What happens if the PC is female ? Is there a female Leina romance like Sime's ?
Federico
If Melora and Taffic are not the best friends then I'm really looking forward to have him in my Party next time cause I don't want to miss those banters from Melora.When I have them both I will post here and tell you what I think of it.
And as Larrienne does the writing:
Thank you very much Larrienne for those fantastic NPC's smile.gif
Golden Thief
@ Anomaly, I don't know the answer to that cause I never play female but I will try to get ahold of larriene and see what she says, she is under the weather at the moment and does not log on all that regularly because of that. So it could be several days before I get a reply or maybe she will check this out before hand. But I will try to find that out as soon as I can for you.

@ Federico, I think Melora and Taffic are quite humorous at times. So I look forward to reading your reactions to them.
Federico
@ Golden Thief, Can you tell me where I might find Taffic? I thought he is in Trademeet but I can't find him there.
Golden Thief
Federico: If I got it right Taffic only appears after you return from Halruaa not before. If you have return from Halruaa then he spawns near the area outside mayors front doors.
Federico
That explains it then I have to go to Halruaa now.Thank you Golden Thief.
I now have Dar for the 1st time in my party (first time I played I took Accalia)and I must say he has some very good banters.His banters with the others a really good but the ones with Leina are great.
larrienne
Hi guys. I apologise for my absence.
Let me assure you that Leina romance will be completed but with so many other scenarios to write and RL concerns it will all take time. It will all come together eventually, I promise you.
Thank you for your enthusiatic feed back. I am glad you like our new NPC's enough to want to keep them in party.
I have so many big ideas for them all that they have to wait their turn to progress. Shar-Teel and Angelo's Legacy... the final scenario is holding my attention at the mo but let me say I hope Vlad will allow all our NPC's to travel through ToB with you.
It is my belief that if a mod is worth doing it is worth taking the time to get it right.
I will be moving house Oct31 and will be off line for approx 4weeks but hopefully Vlad will be back and able to answer any queries you guys have.
Thank you again for your glowing feed back. wub.gif
Federico
That's very good news really.Leina Romance will be completed and Melora gets her own quest.I fear when it's all done I will sit on my PC for days without a break smile.gif .
I agree with you Larrienne that it's worth to take the time.No problem to wait a little longer.I really love your NPC's and now that I know it all will be completed I'm more than happy.
Hope that Vlad agrees to let them go through ToB with us.
Golden Thief
@ Anomaly: I saw your question was not answered, so I asked the writer again so we get this cleared up. The answer is - if the PC is female the relationship path will be a friendship only, no romance.
Anomaly
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Oct 16 2006, 01:40 PM) *

@ Anomaly: I saw your question was not answered, so I asked the writer again so we get this cleared up. The answer is - if the PC is female the relationship path will be a friendship only, no romance.

Thank you for your answer, even if it's bad news for me... tongue.gif
Federico
@ Golden Thief,I told you to give a report about Taffics banters with Melora but I could not find him anywhere.So I looked in the dialogue files and could read the banters there.
They are really humorous and I hope when the new version is out I'm able to find him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.