Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Few Bugs
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > BG2 Improvements Mod
Khaos1987
Before I list, I think the mod is great. I wish I had some constructive things to say about it, but I'm not good at that stuff.

So far, I only found a few bugs with the burning man kit. I started a new game in TOB and chose burning man as my kit. After I started, I noticed I had two +3 fists, instead of the normal one fist.

I also activated my special ability to create a new fist, and it only created a +1 fist. So I leveled up a few times, and the same happened. I could only create low level fists with my ability, but still recieved the correct fists upon level up.

Then I had another little problem, my inventory began to swell with fists! I don't know if you meant that or not, but I'll post it anyway. I found that all the fists from leveling and my ability had all been kept, so I had around 6 different fists in there, some of different levels. Maybe you could have it so you can only have one fist at a time? I know I could just drop them, but it might irritate some people.

I do have quite a few mods installed, but I did install this one last, and the other ones shouldn't interfere with the functions of this one.

Then again, It might just be me having these problems. tongue.gif
balduran
Having multiple fists (and at different levels, too) sound weird enough, because I've been though the whole game (SofA&ToB) with a burner and I didn't have such problem. The only way to get more than one fist at the same time is to use the special ability that gives you a +1 Fist, and they should disappear when you exit an area if you have another fist. The +1 Fist spell itself was meant for use in the beginning of the game, when you loose all equipment from ToSC. It's soul existence is justified by the fact that the burner should have a weapon for starting level of the dungeon. I didn't plan for it to give the fist you already have, because this way you can equip two of the potentionally mot powerful weapons at the same time, which wouldn't be very fair.
But the fact that you received several fists (not just two) with dfferent levels is bothering me. Can you tell me the specific levels of the fists, so that I can solve the problem? And one more thing - can you try to repeat the fings you did while playing (leveling, getting a few more fists and so on) and then exit the master area you are in and enter another one, to see if the fists will disappear like they are supposed to? If this doesn't solve your issues, then the problem will be either due to something else I've missed or a mod you have installed. In the latter case it would be a good idea to post here what else you have installed, other than Improvements.

Thanks for the feedback wink.gif
Khaos1987
Oh! You meant for the ability to just give you the +1 fist so you had one in the first dungeon. I understand now. I might have figured that out someday, but I'm a little slow. rolleyes.gif

I can't seem to equip more then one fist. They count as ranged weapons, so the engine enforces the rule for this. (The ability to throw the little fireballs as an attack was a very nice add-on)

I tried entering and leaving party required areas, but the fists remained. So I reinstalled and tried it. Worked like a charm.

I still started with two +3 fists in TOB, but one gets taken after the pocket plane incedent, so that's alright now as well.

Thanks for the advice balduran. I really enjoy the kit, and I'm even thinking of making a few "Burning Man" only items like the suit the Djinn sells to add to my game.
balduran
I'm really happy that you like it biggrin.gif

And if you really plan to make items and you want to share them with other players, I can always include them in the mod. tongue.gif

I'm sorry I cannot add more info here, but in 10 mins I'm supposed to meet this journalist from Reuters. Bye!
balduran
Ok, I'm back again.

You said that you recieved two +3 paws in ToB. I think I know how it happened and it's all due to my coding. I placed the paw in the 25classweap.2da which controls the starting eqipment, not having in mind that the Burning man has a AP (this is an innate ability which is not used like a spell and you cannot actually see it) that gives the paw automatically. I'll fix it for the next version, which is due next week. The new version of BGII Improvements will also have french translation thanks to Corran001. (And a spanish one if I get the files on time.)

I can't seem to equip more then one fist. They count as ranged weapons, so the engine enforces the rule for this.

Oops! Silly me laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice balduran. I really enjoy the kit, and I'm even thinking of making a few "Burning Man" only items like the suit the Djinn sells to add to my game.

As I said, if you want to share your custom items with the rest of the world, you can send them to me and I will add them to the mod wink.gif You just have to decide how you want the items to become available in the game (shop, quest, creature, etc...)

Khaos1987
I'm flattered, but my item skills are...below average...

Ok I stink. My greatest creation was a rod that casts improved haste on the creature struck by it. (Allows for VERY fast team buffing cool.gif )

If this was Neverwinter Nights...I could make you anything you wanted.
balduran

Item creation can be very easy, provided that you take advantage of helpful utilities like the Cromwell's Smithy. There's also all sorts of tutorials about item creation on the net. I suggest check them out if you want to enhanse your modding abilities. wink.gif
Khaos1987
Right now, I'm working with Infinity Engine Editor Pro. (IEEP)

If your familiar with IEEP, is it better, worse, or about the same as Cromwell's Smithy?
Sikret
IEEP is a good tool and has a user-friendly setup. However, there are certain things it cannot do while making items. DLTCEP is my recommended tool. You can use these two tools in conjunction with each other as well (doing easy things with IEEP and doing more complicated things with DLTCEP).

I have not worked with Cromwell's Smithy, but it is not supported by its creator or by this site any longer. It is reported to have some bugs.

balduran
I agree with Sikret - DLTCEP has great variety of options for almost any aspect of the modding process. Yet it can be rather intimidating and frightening to the newbie, and even to some more experienced modders. So, since you're taking your first steps in item creating, I have to say that IEEP is the easier and friendlier to use tool.
Khaos1987
Thanks guys. I took a look at DLTCEP and I'm dling a tutorial to help out. I see what you mean by intimidating, more buttons and boxes than I know what to do with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.