Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Long Will Hrothgar Wait?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
erebusant
Just wondering how long Hrothgar will wait at the Coper Coronet if you boot him in CI to do something else? Is there a time limit, or will he wait indefinitely?
Golden Thief
This question about Hrothgar gets ask time and time again. He is the reason for playing NEJ.

It is my understanding and playing the game if you ever boot Hrothgar the quest is over you can not restart it. He is the only one of all the NPCs added by NEJ that you should not boot if you want to finish his quest. I have never seen him go the CC, he just leaves and is gone for good.

At the moment once you finish Halruua you can boot Hrothgar because that is all the farther NEJ is at this time. Once the next segement is finished you can not booted him from the group untill that part is completed.
erebusant
I'm just questioning because with there being so much occuring in CI with the Mega-Install, you don't have any choice but boot some people, and Hrothgar and Minsc are the only ones after coming back from the Severed Hand that will "Go to a major Tavern or Inn". I was able to run around Athkatla for awhile, and get Hrothgar to rejoin just fine after a few days of game time. I was wondering because once he rejoined the next time we went past the exit from CI his dialog about the time being "wrong" triggered just like it would normally trigger if he was in your party when exiting CI, which makes it seem like the quest will continue normally once he rejoins. I know Vlad doesn't support the mega-install, but I just want to find out if the quest will continue normally, for although absolutely nothing else in Faerun is important to Hrothgar, some Bhaalspawn just have other things to accomplish 1st that he's in the way for.
Vlad
I should remove this exploit. In the next version Hrothgar will leave forever. Meanwhile you may continue his quest.
Golden Thief
Hmmm, something I never knew before. Actually Vlad I hope you don't remove it. I think it adds a little variety to the game. Since it is time travel does it really make any difference at what time you leave the future to go back to Halruaa in the past. You get there at the same time, similar to Hrothgar saying you will get to Imoen on the same day you left.

I know if you keep Hrothgar in the party you have about 15 days to leave for Halruaa. Only with experimentation can we find out how long he will wait unless Vlad would tell us. Time to experiment as I find Melora and Taffic. And go thru Spellhold. If Hrothgar is still ther then I would say the clock starts when he joins again.
Vlad
I doubt he will wait in Copper Coronet for a long time. Also his dialogue should be triggered only when you leave the Irenicus Dungeon together, and your travelling to Halruaa should happen before Spellhold and before your reach the third portal which is in Spellhold. smile.gif
erebusant
Hrothgar will only wait 5 days of game time. Then he leaves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.