Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valygar problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Twilight
I seem to be having a problem with the Valygar romance. After I defeat Bohdi, I pick up Valygar's body and head to the Temple Ruins to revive him. However, once he returns he doesn't recognize my PC and starts the whole Lavok/Cowled Wizards dialogue. Was I suppose to reach a certain LT and that's why this is happening? The last one I had was the 2nd LT in the Underdark.

My installation is:

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6 + TS v6.10 (strangely it said v6.09 when I went to install . . )

I did have the Dungeon-Be-Gone mod, but I uninstalled it (maybe this was the problem?). Hmm . . . could my Valygar problem also be related to Baldurdash? I've never installed it before, and I only did so now because I stumbled across this mod (which I've really enjoyed so far). Were there certain components that I wasn't suppose to install (ex: multi-stronghold, etc)?
Vlad
Well, Dungeon-Be-Gone is definitely a bad idea to install with TS as all the trigger events with Yoshimo and Kachiko happen in the Irenicus' Dungeon. I hope you uninstalled it before installation of TS.

Anyway, the problem sounds related only to TS. That is why please attach to your next post two files from your saved game before this problem takes place:

BALDUR.SAV
BALDUR.GAM

I'll take a look into this problem then.
Twilight
Oh dear . . . I think I uninstalled Dungeon-Be-Gone after TS. Oh well. Anyways, about the files you wante
xburc
I had/have the same problem. My only option is to start the game from the beginning with the final version and patches it should be installed with. I hope you can have a different solution.
Vlad
I'll take a look into this problem at the weekend.
Vlad
Twilight, your zipped file is corrupted. I couldn't open it.
Kai
I'm having the same problem. It seems like its spawning the orriginal Valygar instead of him before he was taken by Bodhi. He had all his equips back and was back to his starting lvl, including his starting dialog ><Click to view attachment

Edit:
Hmm, I think I found a solution. If you play straight through from when Valygar gets taken to reviving him, without reloading anywhere in there, it will work properly, but if you load a save anywhere in there, it will mess it up and when you get him back he'll start his beginning dialog.
Vlad
Thanks Kai for this report.
xburc
Well, that still is a bit of a problem for me since I find it difficult to walk around in a vampire's lair without having to load for at least 5 times..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.