Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will not let me install NEJ only
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Golden Thief
Hate to be the first one with a problem but I wanted to have an NEJ only install and when I go to install them one at a time, it says I must install BG1 and BGT before installing this mod. Then skips to kits, etc. NEJ does not get installed.
I thought that this was to be one of the optional installs.
Vlad
Please open Setup-NeJ2v67.TP2 file with any text editor including NotePad and remove line 15:

REQUIRE_FILE ~data/BG1ARE.BIF~ ~Please install BG1 and BGT before installation of this mod.~

Save this file, and you may install only NeJ2.
Golden Thief
Ok I did that but just now it got all the way to saying Tanar.cre not found in chitin.key and backs out.

PS. Just wanted to say I have it loaded just fine in a BGT-NEJ install on a separate computer. Just wanted to have another combination is all.
Vlad
Well, Tanar.cre is Aec'Letec from TotSC. I see the problem. For the time being let's stick to BGT based installation. If you have it already installed, then you may choose to play BG1 or start BG2, so it's not a problem. If there will be more reports, I'll update TP2 in the next patch.

P.S. Alternatively, open Setup-NeJ2v67.TP2, find TANAR.CRE, and remove the whole block which adds item ULFISTS to its inventory. Save the amended TP2, and try to install it.
Golden Thief
Ok, did that and it finished installation without any more halts. Now to making an evil party for Shar-Tel and play both installs.

Back at later.
Cheers
Golden Thief
Ok, goofed again. I wanted to make sure everything installed properly and went back deleted all. Did fresh installs, followed directions, BGT-NEJ install went smooth am playing that right now.
But the NEJ install hit another snag and don't know why it installed the first time when removed the afore mentioned lines. Now it says ARD000.ARE not found in Chittin.key that is a BGT area right? So it shouldn't have installed before. So at the moment then a NEJ install without BGT is not possible, right?
Vlad
I really missed all these problems because I have BGT installed as a base for further modding. Also, please bear in mind that I did not test NeJ2 without BGT.

Anyway, just copy/paste from my previous post:

Open Setup-NeJ2v67.TP2, find ARD000.ARE, and remove the whole block which adds Answerer+2 to this area. Save the amended TP2, and try to install it a new.
Golden Thief
Vlad after doing several installs I have found that for non-BGT install there are some area files missing those that use AR9799.are, AR9801.are, and AR8700.are. I found files for 9799 and 9801 in version 6.5 and copied them overa to BGT fix folder but didn't find 8700. So any ideas?
Vlad
AR8700 is not relevant for NeJ2, so it's okay.

With respect to AR9799 (it should be AR9800) and AR9801, could you please attach to the next post the Setup-NeJ2v67.TP2 file form your override folder?
Golden Thief
Ok, attaching Setup-NeJ2v67.TP2 file.Click to view attachmentHope I did that right.
This is what I did in it.
// out Reguired ~ data/BG1ARE
// out Tanar.cre
// out ARD000.are
// out all ARD8700 lines
Also it asked for WTLAKE.tis don't know if it was needed but // it out also.

Then copied the all 9799 and 9800 missing files to the fix folder from NEJ2v65.

Does not find Jaheria or Shar-Teel but if carry on it finishes installing.

PS also keep seeing a warning about a typo in the Throne Room Attack.tis if that means anything.
Vlad
Please try this TP2 file attached below.

Throne_Room_Attack warnings is a glitch of WeiDU. Don't pay attention to them.
Golden Thief
Just to let you know back from work have downloaded file and in about half hour/hour will post results.

Edit:
Ok it works until it comes to JAHEIR.cre. says she is not found in chitin.key so her kit and improved character are not installed.

It does the same thing when it comes to Shar-Teel so her custom kit and continuous character are not installed.

Telling it to skip them and continue it does complete installing all the tis files.

So just need a fix now so it lets Jaheira's and Shar-Teel's kits and custom continous charcaters to be installed in the NEJ only install.

PS: I still have the 9799 and 9800 tis, etc. area files copied into the fix folder. They were still needed right?
Vlad
Ok it works until it comes to JAHEIR.cre. says she is not found in chitin.key so her kit and improved character are not installed.

Well, I really wonder why do you need the continuity of both girls if you do not install BG1? wink.gif

Moreover, JAHEIR.CRE is a pure BG1 file and has nothing to do with the NeJ2 install. Thus, I think no fix is needed. Please start the new game and tell me how it's going on. smile.gif

PS: I still have the 9799 and 9800 tis, etc. area files copied into the fix folder. They were still needed right?

The files AR9799.TIS and AR9801.TIS should be in your override. Please check.

PS. I fixed that Jaheira will be differentiated between BGT and non-BGT version. Please find attached the TP2 file. However, with respect to differentiation of Shar-Teel it turns to be much work, so I have just disabled her in non-BGT game. For a while... until next release, probably Part 3 when Angelo's Legacy will be found. smile.gif
Golden Thief
Ok,
Let's see if I can explain this right.
In the NEJ26.7.exe file after it unpacks itself the "NEJ3\fixes\bgtareas" does not contain the are, mos, tiz, wed etc for AR9799 nor AR9801. So I copied the files from NEJ26.5 to that folder so it could make the areas since you did pack them with v65 and they are missing in v67. That is all I meant there.

Yes I started a new game Shar-Teel is not in the cage nor does Jaheira have her kit. What I am think is that you have the code for the BGT install in the tp2 but the code you had for just an NEJ only install is not there or has been altered. So it needs to be corrected so it will install Shar-Teel for SOA-TOB and Jaheira's kit for SOA-TOB.

Hope I explain that right.

You posted while I posted so all is ok except the understanding about the area files.
Vlad
Regarding areas, you are right. I have removed them from the installation. However, the simple copy/paste from v6.5 may cause some problems with the worldmap as I have also changed the worldmap to adapt it to BGT v1.01.

The bottom line: you may try to play the non-BGT version, but I am not sure it's a good idea for now. The major problem is that this is the last version of NeJ2 you can play without BGT. The third part will utilise many BG1 areas and instead of distributing them as 400-500 MB in all I decided to use the present BG1-BGT installation. Working now on non-BGT version is a step back for me as in future this version will become obsolete because of the same reason.

So, please stick to the BGT version for now. smile.gif
Golden Thief
Ok, not a big deal. It was just that you noted for the install that a non-BGT was an option and was just wanting to make sure that worked.

So will trash the non-BGT install and only comment on the supported BGT-NEJ combination. thumb.gif
Vlad
beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.